Author Topic: LPG advice  (Read 31831 times)

Offline SClass

Re: LPG advice
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2018, 01:16:35 am »
I must add my mpg would have been much better if i was a more eco-friendly driver. I am not so gentle on
the accelerator and am hardly ever on the Eco-mode. Cant remember the last time i used the EV-mode. Its
always on Normal-mode bordering on Power-mode. I believe SB's 4.1L/100km is achievable with a good
driving style. Well done SB.

So the  petrol Prius  cost more to run than a Mercedes E300 bluetec hybrid,
 yay

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2018, 04:15:24 am »

Took this picture tonight, my Prius is averaging 25km per litre, so for 10 euro you get 6.9L of juice

multiply 6.9L by 25km per litre which will give ya 172km for a tenner.

Another way of looking at it is 4l/100km.

Ya can't knock that for an automatic car which is pretty much trouble free.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2018, 06:59:16 am »
Certainly better than the 151 E220 cdi. 15.38km per litre.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline sore

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2018, 08:59:34 am »
Indeed SB....i'm a 12yr veteran of the Prius(Gen 2 for 9yrs and current Gen 3)...i've taken some stick on here over the years...cried myself to sleep on loads of occasions cos of the sexual slurs of a homophobic nature....i even had to ride the missus a few times to reassure myself of my testosterone filled masculinity and heterosexuality!!

Indeed Hal, indeed. I recall all the abuse you used to get on Roy's forum. Your courage and bravery in the face of the filthy and unwarranted
homophobic attacks is commendable. You are the pioneer of the Prius taxi in Ire  :2cheers

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2018, 09:13:14 am »
No disrespect to Merc owners but those Blue tec hybrids would be a bad taxi. I posted before about a big company owner from the Uk who had a whole fleet of them returned to Mercedes as they were stalling on the motorways. I reckon those are the ones being imported from the UK. Hopefully, the problems are fixed. If I had a choice of two parachutes...one made by Mercedes and one made by Toyota I know which one I'd take before the jump...no point looking cool in a coffin.

Anyway, regarding MPG I spent apapproximately€1700 on fuel and drove about 17000 miles so my calculations are fairly accurate.You can drive like a Nigerian and still get excellent economy.

I'm not bragging as I bought it because one mate of mine spent €1300 for a dual mass flywheel on his diesel accord. That was enough to warrant the Prius alone.Plus the fact that I can service it myself makes ownership cheap.I really don't think diesel suits our work.

Offline Scooterman

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2018, 09:57:08 am »
Your right MH. Diesel is finish these Prius are cheap as chips to run.also cities like Tokyo their taxi are nearly 70% hybrid.........lpg is very popular around Europe........

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2018, 10:16:22 am »
5 years from now Priuses won't be so strange.Ford have brought their Fusion/mondeo in to Ireland as a hybrid from the US.New Camry and Superb hybrid will be here soon too.By then many of the former Prius owners will have gone fully electric including myself.

Offline SClass

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2018, 11:04:52 am »

Took this picture tonight, my Prius is averaging 25km per litre, so for 10 euro you get 6.9L of juice

multiply 6.9L by 25km per litre which will give ya 172km for a tenner.

Another way of looking at it is 4l/100km.

Ya can't knock that for an automatic car which is pretty much trouble free.

No denying that a Prius is very economical.

But it's still a Prius
A Toyota.
The worts looking car on the road.
But that's only my opinion.
There are driveri out there who would work in a wheelbarrow if it was motorised

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2018, 11:24:59 am »
Is the computer dash thingy clock kilometres reading yoke on the prius accurate?
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2018, 11:32:17 am »
Is the computer dash thingy clock kilometres reading yoke on the prius accurate?

I'd say its fairly accurate, last weekend I squashed €52 into the tank for 870km.

As you can see in the picture I've done 440kms so far this week and its over half full still.

« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2018, 11:33:22 am »
^^^^^^^Yer gonna put stickers on the door and a piece of yellow plastic held together by big magnets.... who gives a bollix what it looks like.I doubt any of us will be asked to help out with the entourage of the oul Pope.

Offline sore

« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2018, 12:44:50 pm »

No denying that a Prius is very economical.

But it's still a Prius
A Toyota.
The worts looking car on the road.
But that's only my opinion.
There are driveri out there who would work in a wheelbarrow if it was motorised

Its not just fuel economy Sclass. Its very cheap to maintain. Little fails in the car, and even the battery rarely brings trouble
before 200k miles and goes much much further. Its very easy to work on,  oil changes(engine,transmission), coolant changes
etc etc easy to do. I've even taken out the EGR sytem for cleaning its one hour out and in. Compared that to the Diesel i had
which was a heap of shite and broke heart. I changed nearly everything in it. The flywheel, clutch, gear linkage cable, starter,
alternator, turbo, and the engine finally went. In over 2 years of owning the Prius apart from servicing, i only replaced two
headlight bulbs and the wiper blades. Mercedes are for Limos, for taxiing its a waste of money.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2018, 03:02:18 pm »
I'm not concerned about what a car looks like or what image is attached to it regardless of whether it's a taxi or not. I've never been a dedicated follower of fashion and I don't need space for swivel chairs, glass tables, filing cabinets and all that. It's just a means of getting (others) from A to B. Automatic is starting to appeal to me agin though, had an auto Corolla (Jap import) back in the late 90s when I was relatively young and fit, as one gets older it makes sense to eliminate the clutch (which is about as heavy as a clutch can get in diesel Skodas) I guess. Might try a few cheeky bids on that site that lets you buy direct from Jap auctions after my summer vacation.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 03:05:44 pm by Rat Catcher »

Offline Scooterman

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2018, 07:18:01 pm »
Go on rat catcher them Octavia are nothing but tractors on wheels I also a jap import a corona automatic diesel  in the 90........ plus who give a fuck what a car look like .you just want reliability,easy to service, good on fuel economy........PS.  Seen a article today  our vinny want his neighbour  to release  more licenses for electric vehicle that nice of him...........

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2018, 07:45:38 pm »
Ok did research
Lad in m7 business pk does gas conversion
It's 950 euro
His lpg is 62 cent a ltr
He reckons you can import a good Jap 13 or 14 and convert for 10 to 12 k
Here's the site

https://www.sbtjapan.com/sp/

Show Unread Posts