Author Topic: LPG advice  (Read 31883 times)

Offline Vikkiz

Re: LPG advice
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2018, 09:03:08 pm »
Many European and Asian manufacturers offer LPG versions of their cars.
But typically Ireland only get the basics from all the manufacturers,
Not enough of us for them to bother.
On the other hand is there many outlets that supply LPG for the likes of a taxi driver.
Why offer conversions, why not just offer the car as an LPG car, instead of a diesel or petrol or electric or hybrid?? Why not just offer it as an option?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:17:24 pm by Vikkiz »

Offline Scooterman

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2018, 09:13:52 pm »

MERC iwas driving a automatic petrol avensis   had to change   
        with the prius   on lpg i hope to spend about  40 euros on average perweek
        i gone from been a gas gullers    to  eco tight  bastard  turning green..........
        annaul milage   20,000 25,000 kilo a year
       PS   i am started to bring out my own  sambo............ ::cheers

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2018, 09:17:05 pm »
Where in Dublin between the canals can you  buy it?That's where I work mostly.
How many garages actually between the canals and within the North/South circular roads??
There is actually only 4 inside. Top(Amiens Street), Maxol(Ringsend Road), Topaz/Circle K(Ushers Island) & Mount Brown. Now there is Kilmainham, Dolphins Barn, Parnell Road & Mespil Road but they are actually on the outside of the canals/roads we used as a boundary

There are 5 LPG garages in Dublin, Swords, Finglas, Fox & Geese, Walkinstown & Tallaght

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2018, 09:45:33 pm »
Rickshaw ?

MERC iwas driving a automatic petrol avensis   had to change   
        with the prius   on lpg i hope to spend about  40 euros on average perweek
        i gone from been a gas gullers    to  eco tight  bastard  turning green..........
        annaul milage   20,000 25,000 kilo a year
       PS   i am started to bring out my own  sambo............ ::cheers

"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2018, 10:54:48 pm »
Ok lets wrap the boring maths up...

My/our calculations indicate a tenner of juice will get most of us 100 miles

So if Scooter is doing 25000 miles at most he's spending €2500 per year on petrol.

€2500 divided by 50 weeks a year is €50 a week on fuel.

If yer target is to only spend €40 a week you're almost there without LPG.You really want to let some mechanic tamper with yer baby to save a tenner a week?

I think you may not realise how cheap your taxi is to run already.It would take ya 2 years and 5 months to get the LPG install costs back.Assuming install costs 1200 like Sclass posted.

I rest my case.

I don't even have a case..

Offline Tony

« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2018, 10:58:10 pm »
Headcase?
Mr. T-bag to you

« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2018, 11:00:23 pm »
I think it's the Scooter Erm.Nobody else on here is so bad at maths.

Oh shit I never included the savings immediately after switching to gas which might reduce the time to recoup thr install monies.

So if LpG is 20% less efficient than petrol at 79cent a liter plus 20% is 94.8cent vs 1.50 per liter for petrol....
So by my shit sums you'd save 55.2 cent per liter.Which is only 3.30 a day(55.2*6.6)
3.30 over a year is about €700 which means the install costs take 18 months to recoup.Think I can sleep better now.Id say yis are all falling asleep reading this..

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 11:53:24 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline weird al wankovitch

« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2018, 11:46:42 pm »
Hi lads I am putting my Toyota Prius on lpg shortly.  Any advice on which one to choose also any pros and cons on lpg  in short term and long term.  Thanks......
met a fella who had this done. Said it's not much cheaper atall. Waste of time and money.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2018, 11:57:36 pm »
i know an elephant jockey that got his car gassed up.
he got another car around a year later.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #84 on: July 19, 2018, 12:18:01 am »
https://youtu.be/Lr15rPHEmeQ

Ehhhh. Think I'll pass on the bomb in the boot
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #85 on: July 19, 2018, 12:19:16 am »
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Scooterman

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #86 on: July 19, 2018, 09:07:32 am »
Morning lads. From driving a auto avensis to a Prius my saving will  between 40 - 60  euros a week.      I am on winner here might change my lifestyle ...go vegan  get a allotment start doing yoga...MH you keep driving a dirty noisy diesel with high maintenance bill ..seen better tractor on the road...embrace technology lads...........   PS MH           What are you driving ....... I will give a update  in a month time.........

« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2018, 09:36:58 am »
 I'm guessing yer talking to me...I've been driving a Prius for 5 years now.Rebuilt my own battery pack and all..not many if any other taxi drivers have been down that particular road.If there's ever a Thai football team trapped under Prius I'll expect a phone call from CNN and Reuters.

Anyway Avensis autos petrols are thirsty you'll cut yer fuel bill in half by switching to the hybrid.The LPG won't make any significant gain though.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 10:07:37 am by mercenary for hire »

john m

« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2018, 09:51:20 am »
If LPG was any good White Van Man would of converted by now all the big fleet owners would be running it .A wise old man once said .10,000 knackers cant be wrong when they all drove Hiace vans and he was right the best small van on the road miles ahead of the Transit or VW .In a business that is cost concious very few fleet vans are run on LPG .Im not sure it is even more environmentally friendly that Petrol or Diesel it just gives off different poison than they do .

john m

« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2018, 10:01:20 am »
Morning lads. From driving a auto avensis to a Prius my saving will  between 40 - 60  euros a week.      I am on winner here might change my lifestyle ...go vegan  get a allotment start doing yoga...MH you keep driving a dirty noisy diesel with high maintenance bill ..seen better tractor on the road...embrace technology lads...........   PS MH           What are you driving ....... I will give a update  in a month time.........

If you decide to run the motor on Gas and become a vegan you can get an Anal adapter with a push in connector and some 6.5mm plastic non corrosive tubeing from CBPL on the Ninth Lock Road .Go on a diet of Mungbeans and lentils then divert your gassy farts into an auxillary gas tank and you can mix both your arse gas and LPG togeather on longer rural runs the savings should cover the cost of the adapter and hose pipe in a few years .

Show Unread Posts