Author Topic: Travellers  (Read 130130 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Travellers
« on: July 15, 2018, 06:38:18 pm »
My luck ran out. Had my phone snatched by a traveller in Celbridge last night too, not my day.

The Liffey Lip

Re: Travellers
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 10:42:16 am »
Bad luck Rats.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:45:48 am by The Liffey Lip »

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 10:57:01 am »
Surely there's standard form you can fill out and send in to Pavee point hq and get some sort of compo?

On the plus side I hope the robbing bastard gets frustrated by the sometimes awkward operation of our Chinese smartphones.He probably thought he was getting an iPhone 8 or a Samsung fancy phone...

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 01:18:48 pm »
It was actually a Samsung, one of the young lads' cast offs.... bit of good news on that front though, an honest citizen found it discarded and got in touch to arrange it's safe return. Ordered a Chinese one off Amazon earlier, have to wait to see if I cancelled it in time as it was "being prepared for despatch" when I cancelled.

Offline Belker

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 05:36:06 pm »
Surely there's standard form you can fill out and send in to Pavee point hq and get some sort of compo? ......

Is that a Fer Real post MFH ?

'Compo' from Pavee point !!
 rofl rofl rofl

Offline Belker

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 05:42:15 pm »
@ Stephen, how exactly did the phone get Snatched ?

Just so as to update myself properly on how to protect my own phone from a snatcher,
was it in a front window cradle or a vent cradle, Etc, the more information you give us,
the better we are prepared.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2018, 05:47:02 pm »
Surely there's standard form you can fill out and send in to Pavee point hq and get some sort of compo?

On the plus side I hope the robbing bastard gets frustrated by the sometimes awkward operation of our Chinese smartphones.He probably thought he was getting an iPhone 8 or a Samsung fancy phone...
In another business, I had a non payment issue with the Real Irish, phoned Pavee Point, they had no interest, "between you and the client".
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Belker

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2018, 05:47:22 pm »
Wrong thread.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 01:42:57 pm by Belker »

Offline Belker

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 05:56:18 pm »
Surely there's standard form you can fill out and send in to Pavee point hq and get some sort of compo?...

In another business, I had a non payment issue with the Real Irish, phoned Pavee Point, they had no interest, "between you and the client".

You were lucky they didn't call to your home to get 'All the details', while sussing out all your locks and entrances !

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 10:30:43 pm »
Phone was hooked into the vent beside the window, Ken. Not particularly secure but I suspect he would have got it regardless of how well it was stuck. He came round to the window pretending to pay and took some notes out of his pocket so I rolled the window down enough to facilitate that, then he made a grab for my keys and I made a grab for his hand so he went to open the door with his other hand so I went for the central locking and he grabbed the phone and made off down a lane. As I don't know the area I made no attempt to pursue him. I just took the "learning to ride a horse" approach and worked the streets in Swords for the rest of the night. As he discarded the phone it obviously wasn't what he was after... similarly, if he just wanted to do a runner he wouldn't have came near the window at all so, on balance, I figured I dodged a bullet... while he done a bit more to alienate his "race".

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 10:45:22 pm »
As regards protecting a phone, I did give that some thought. Like most folk I have some old phones lying around. It could make sense to use one of those on the dash connected via wifi to your "good" phone - all smartphones can do that. Then if the "decoy" is snatched you have the good one to ring the Gardai, locate the "decoy", etc... The downside is that you wouldn't be able to direct dial mytaxi clients through the app unless you have an active SIM in each phone. Either way it's probably worth hiding an old phone connected to a charger in the boot, even without a SIM it can make emergency calls.

Of course you can go the camera route which, in most cases, will deter runners, etc. However, that could go the other way if you encounter one of those who are intent on robbing you as the camera may prompt them to destroy all possible evidence - the obvious would be to burn the car when they're done.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2018, 10:58:38 pm »
I did have another thought involving an app and a pound of semtex!

dalymount

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 07:57:20 am »
It would make you sick to think our politicians are always fighting for more rights for these bastards.they had ethnic minority status confered on them a while back entitling them to a whole host of benefits.the politicians are afraid of their shite of the likes of pavee point,and groups like them .its a fukking disgrace that not one politician hes the balls to stand up and call it as it is

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2018, 11:33:39 am »
It would make you sick to think our politicians are always fighting for more rights for these bastards.they had ethnic minority status confered on them a while back entitling them to a whole host of benefits.the politicians are afraid of their shite of the likes of pavee point,and groups like them .its a fukking disgrace that not one politician hes the balls to stand up and call it as it is

I feel sorry for the poor cunts.....
I mean it must be confusin
....your da bean yur brother as well......
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2018, 11:42:26 am »
Had one them cunts in me car one nite.....
He was so fukin thick...... He actually told me he wasn't goin pay me.......
He got a lovely view of the clouds after
The only good one is a....
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Show Unread Posts