Author Topic: Replacement car challenge  (Read 19598 times)

john m

Replacement car challenge
« on: July 21, 2018, 11:14:37 am »
Consider the 9 year rule  and your average milage How do you go about replacing your motor .New ,Import ,Used .4 ,5 6 ,year old Its going to depend on your average milage .Im part time less than 30 hours a week mostly city driving so would probably go 5 or 6 year old motor any fuel provided the price is right .Used Petrol cars are cheaper than Diesels to buy but more expensive to run cheaper to maintain so not to much of a difference in costs over 4 years .hybrids look good but a bit pricey for the amateur driver =under 50hours a week  So im looking cheap probably petrol 6 year old under 6000,

Offline Scooterman

• Valued Contributor
Re: Replacement car challenge
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2018, 11:35:26 am »
Hi John m you would pick up a nice Toyota Corolla.cheap as chips to run and service.........

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 11:36:26 am »
Consider the 9 year rule  and your average milage How do you go about replacing your motor .New ,Import ,Used .4 ,5 6 ,year old Its going to depend on your average milage .Im part time less than 30 hours a week mostly city driving so would probably go 5 or 6 year old motor any fuel provided the price is right .Used Petrol cars are cheaper than Diesels to buy but more expensive to run cheaper to maintain so not to much of a difference in costs over 4 years .hybrids look good but a bit pricey for the amateur driver =under 50hours a week  So im looking cheap probably petrol 6 year old under 6000,

Nobody ever mentions the fact that your car makes money..... I consider meself retired since the day I started taxi in...i don't consider it a job cause it's not work.... It's a hobby....
I've 20,000 up on me prius in 3 months....
I don't want some jips casts me off an all the shite comes wit it.... Wonderin if it's clocked and was it crashed...
Fuk that
Loads people out there buying brand new cars caustic them 200 a week and it sits outside there job all day doin fuk all.....
Now the way I see it.... If you sittin in it 8 ours or even 4 a day....and it's paying for itself.......
Why the fuk wud yu be buying a shite heap
That causes yu grief?
I don't have to worry bout anymore about me egr valve, starter, alternators flywheels, timing fukin belts and gettin fukin cancer front the fumes Cummin into the cab....
And I'm spending half the money on petrol..... The fukin prius is paying for itself...
Yur not going live forever.... Enjoy it while yu can wit trouble free motoring....
Ease of mind and the pleasure of driving a car that's nearly driving itself.....
Plus clearing yurconscince of spewing shite into the atmosphere for yur grand kids to breathe ....
Best fukin ting I ever done
How many people do yu know make money out of there car.....?  Pizza man an us...... Go on treat yurself to peace of mind
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

john m

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2018, 11:39:12 am »
what you recomending used/new Prius

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2018, 11:46:49 am »
Octavia or Superb all the way.

john m

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2018, 11:50:24 am »
Octavia or Superb all the way.

bought a new occy never had a days peace withit 2008 dealer said they were shite in 08 that was the year the emissions were cut in half and they jerrymandered the engines to mess with the emissions .If I was buying new id by a PRIUS or Aurus Sport but i find it hard to justify the expense as i only do30 hours a week .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2018, 11:58:53 am »
Either/eider John.....i bought new in 2006....bought a 4 yr old in 2015....i'll more than likely buy second hand again(cos i feel i only work part-time meself),i'll have around 15k saved when i have to change in 2021(if i'm not brown bread and the missus gets the gaff paid off and around 300k in her phoca)....i'll be 56...and 4 months young in the Feb....if the lecky range has improved even more by then i might consider that option(the NTA grants expire at the end of 2021)....if not it'll be Prius again...if the NTA don't move the goalposts to suit whatever agenda they want to push at that time.

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2018, 12:04:35 pm »
Dunno if diesel isnt amazing how come all the Taxi drivers all over Europe drive them?You never see a hybrid bus or truck.What if yer battery fails might cost 10k to fix?Or maybe an inverter 20k?You'd barely fit one full-grown taxi man in them hybrids.Imagine all the folks that might not be able to get to the airport with 3 cases.What about all the precious metals they use in the batteries.One fella was tellling me he'd be afraid he'd get cancer from the magnetic fields coming from the charging system.I'd rather get cancer from the diesel fumes than a poxy battery.I doubt those hybrids would get ya up Howth head.Ya never see milk floats up there and they're electric.Not worth a bollix.What if someone calls ya a bender?.....taxi drivers are morons...

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2018, 12:10:37 pm »
Sure diesel is 10 cent a liter cheaper and dual mass flywheels and injectors only cost thousands....you'd be mad to move off the winning team Erm..

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2018, 12:12:35 pm »
Someone calling you a bender?.....if you're that thin skinned you're in the wrong game.....although if you were LBGTi...you could have them arrested and make sure they get a STIFF suspended sentence!!

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2018, 12:15:31 pm »
Did ya know the second gen Prius has more more horsepower than a 1980s Golf GTI?Everyone remembers how slow those things were.Hybrid me bollix.

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2018, 12:18:15 pm »
Mate of mine who drives a Mercedes diesel says Toyota had to build the hybrids because their engineers weren't as smart as the German Engineers.Thick fuks them Japs.Must be all the radiation..

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2018, 12:24:00 pm »
I'd say your new neighbours think the Prius is shite....cos it's in the garden most of the time.

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2018, 12:28:34 pm »
Wouldn't drive one Hal.The marque of a cunt...I think my Neighbours are just happy I don't have a horse tied up in the garden.

I'm on the green rank BTW..
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 12:33:18 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2018, 12:31:20 pm »
Very apt....didn't think they let cunts on that rank.

Show Unread Posts