Author Topic: Replacement car challenge  (Read 19583 times)

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
Re: Replacement car challenge
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2018, 06:30:46 am »
What's really interesting about the hybrids etc are the same questions yis ask.I mean Hal and I...and other posters now have answered all the queries at nausium and yis still don't absorb the information.Is it that you don't believe what we're saying?Why would we lie and what would we gain?

We already done all this on Roys.Were yis all playing contact sports as kids?Even S has recently asked me the same stupid questions that were answered on Roys years ago when I bought my Prius.Yis seems a little soft in the head and I'm trying not to sound like a prick about it.Maybe in years to come diesel owners can sue for memory loss issues....assuming they remember what they're doing.Something proper wrong with yis.

I hear ya Merc......
Your tryin convince the hairy ear brigade..... Yur forgettin that good few on herr wear shiney black  slacks an diamond patterned socks, have miraculous medals hangin out their mirrors,  pickin an flickin half the day sittin outside bingo halls an lidls reading the racin post an the sun an buying scratch cards......
Most them set in their ways
....if they got their mornin bleakest roll an the black puddin or rasher was missin.....
They have a breakdown......
Wasting yur time
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2018, 06:34:08 am »
By the time taxos are forced to go electric.....
 They be pushing up daisies......
Be like yur prius....... Don't waste yur energy

john m

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2018, 08:25:18 am »
So the consensus is Hybrid is the way forward for the Economically socially prudent service provider but if your a Taximan you do what you want ....you know you will.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2018, 09:07:57 am »
Ha I have hairy ears too Octy..Hybrid is the car of the minute Erm but for many drivers fully electric will be the next step.

Erm did you ever find out how much one of then Leaves cost after every grant is received.Even the SEI grant of 3800?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2018, 09:49:16 am »
Just lookin on Cars Ireland....Fermoy Nissan have one for €32,540...that includes the €5,000 grant that the normals get,
We get the €3,800 SEAI grant plus €7,000 NTA grant(if it's new)...so €37,540 - €3,800 - €7,000 = €26,740,
I think i'll be in another Prius in 2021 so!!

« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2018, 09:57:10 am »
I think the base model is 27k after the 5000 vrt reduction.

27000-(7000 NTA+3800 SEI grant) is 16200 on the road plus you get a 600 euro grant off a fast charger for yer gaff if ya need one.Also if yer a Mytaxi slave they'll give you a 1000 off yer commission.Real cost would be 15200 plus balance of any fancy charger.

Offline silverbullet

• You don't want to do it like that
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2018, 02:07:09 pm »
End game:
All vehicles will be EV.
Electricity prices privatised and raised to the roof.

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2018, 03:23:49 pm »
End game:
All vehicles will be EV.
Electricity prices privatised and raised to the roof.
Hybrids be banned too yea,,,,,

Probably go like the mobile phone.....
Probably mistake buy new thinkin you get 10 years.... Chargers not fitting and changing and costing..... Second hand prius at moment probably smartest ting do

« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2018, 03:46:38 pm »
The end game for EV owners is buying giant batteries for yer gaff that ya can charge from Solar panels on the roof to power yer house at night or yer leccy cars etc...The tech is here but its expensive.

I think there's a way to power yer gaff already from the new leaf.Probably pricey though.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2018, 04:27:22 pm »
What's really interesting about the hybrids etc are the same questions yis ask.I mean Hal and I...and other posters now have answered all the queries at nausium and yis still don't absorb the information.Is it that you don't believe what we're saying?Why would we lie and what would we gain?

We already done all this on Roys.Were yis all playing contact sports as kids?Even S has recently asked me the same stupid questions that were answered on Roys years ago when I bought my Prius.Yis seems a little soft in the head and I'm trying not to sound like a prick about it.Maybe in years to come diesel owners can sue for memory loss issues....assuming they remember what they're doing.Something proper wrong with yis.

Shit, forgot what I was going to ask...

I wouldn't buy a Leaf until there's at least 1,000 in use as taxis. If they're shite they won't get to that level. It's the range when the (€8,476?) battery is a few years old that interests me really.

Anywaysanall Doc, why aren't you married?

« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2018, 04:47:52 pm »
Here sure there's only 500k allocated for grants.That's approximately 500 new full taxis.I saw two new taxi ones today within. 20 seconds.

I'd say if you got 5 years out of one then scrapped it to start again it wouldn't be a bad bet at 4k a year.Obviously I'd need to get ten years from one as I'm a bit Jewish like that.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2018, 04:52:21 pm »
Owning one would probably be like a youngster with a mobile phone... fuck it in the brown bin once the battery deteriorates. I shudder to think of the damage to the environment caused by manufacturing, replacing and disposing of all those batteries.

Offline silverbullet

• You don't want to do it like that
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2018, 05:27:56 pm »

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2018, 06:17:12 pm »
By the time taxos are forced to go electric.....
 They be pushing up daisies......
Be like yur prius....... Don't waste yur energy
https://www.independent.ie/life/motoring/car-news/government-is-sticking-to-its-plans-to-have-only-new-electric-cars-on-sale-here-by-2030-36574486.html
Think the Germans are the same... 2030 seems the goal.... Cud be sooner tho if we get worse summers like this one next year....

Online watty

« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2018, 06:38:23 pm »
I'm sure FG and the rest of them have plans to cure world hunger by 2030 as well.  A week is a long time in politics so it's easy to promise sh1t 12 yrs in the future.  Vlad probably won't even be in Irish politics in 12 yrs time.  He'll probably be running Europe or something.

You hippies in your Prius' are like people who've given up smoking and are now the most anti-cigarette people around.  You'd swear youse never driven a diesel in your life!

RC is right - let 1,000 other taxi drivers experiment with these batteries.  Once the dust has settled, then the prudent taxi driver can buy something reliable.  The price you pay the dealer is not the only cost of a taxi.  You have to factor in servicing and replacing faulty parts for the next 5+ years...  You can shop around for a broken whatsit but Toyota etc can charge what they want for a new battery and take as long as they want to fit it.

Show Unread Posts