Author Topic: UK GOLD  (Read 21597 times)

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

Re: UK GOLD
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2018, 04:34:18 pm »
The Wilhelm Gustloff passanger ship sunk by a russian submarine at the end of ww2.
She was sent to evacuate civilians in northern poland fleeing the red army.
TEN THOUSAND civilians drowned, five thousand were children.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Wilhelm_Gustloff

john m

« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2018, 05:29:11 pm »
Next time your in the National Gallery have a look at The Convent Garden by William Leach ,in my humble opinion the Greatest Irish Painting .
JMW Turner my favourite.
Then all the French Impressionists.

You do know that the Turner bequest means that his collection must be shown in the Irish National Galley every year .Find his work is more about shade and light that composition to much of the canvass taken up by sea scapes or skyscapes .Much prefer John Constable or Lanseer Landscapes .

Offline silverbullet

• You don't want to do it like that
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2018, 12:24:52 am »
Next time your in the National Gallery have a look at The Convent Garden by William Leach ,in my humble opinion the Greatest Irish Painting .
JMW Turner my favourite.

You do know that the Turner bequest means that his collection must be shown in the Irish National Galley every year .Find his work is more about shade and light that composition to much of the canvass taken up by sea scapes or skyscapes .Much prefer John Constable or Lanseer Landscapes .
Nice choices.  Turner was disliked by a lot of wealthy patrons but he persisted.
I love his capture of light: https://goo.gl/images/FsFDyn

Offline Belker

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2018, 09:05:26 am »
Don't look have a telly.... No wonder yizall fat fuks..... Throw it out the window Keith moon style an get a hobby.....
Took up painting today..... Fukin shite at it but it beats watchin jeoromy kyle......
Wat ya tink me first paintin?

Painting is not your 'Forte' Octy,
Try a birra writing, I can see a lot of serious talent there.

dalymount

« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2018, 10:15:48 am »
Never liked Mrs Browns boys,Fr Ted  now that's a different story.fawkty towers was me faveroute

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2018, 11:42:19 am »
Mrs Browns Boys!!....i preferred Brendan O Carroll when he was funny.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2018, 12:11:52 pm »
JMW Turner my favourite.

Nice choices.  Turner was disliked by a lot of wealthy patrons but he persisted.
I love his capture of light: https://goo.gl/images/FsFDyn

Gainsborough aka Phibsboro.

Offline Belker

« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2018, 07:54:32 am »
Never liked Mrs Browns boys,Fr Ted  now that's a different story.fawkty towers was me faveroute
Fawlty Towers is hard to beat, my best and favourite memory of my Mother
is of the Two of us sat in the front room watching a live episode of Fawlty Towers
and the Two of us howling in laughter with tears rolling down our eyes !

dalymount

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2018, 09:06:21 am »
Steptoe and son was another one I really liked,and also fools and horses

Offline Tony

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2018, 09:59:49 am »
Not a big telly fan meself, but do remember watching the benny Hill show when I wore a younger man's clothes
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2018, 10:34:43 am »
Not a big telly fan meself, but do remember watching the benny Hill show when I wore a younger man's clothes

Wouldn't get away with any of that on the telly anymore...you'd have every rights group outraged on twitter...scantily clad burds,slappin baldy oul fellas....and Dick Emery sayin...."you are awful...but i like you!"

john m

« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2018, 11:07:23 am »
Love thy Neighbour ,Alf Garnett ,Bernard Manning all Racists but acceptable in the 1970s Thats what the Brexiteers want to return to a White Mans Britain . You look at British Football now and its hard to realize Clive Best with West Ham in 1970was the First Black Player in the 1st division.

Offline silverbullet

• You don't want to do it like that
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2018, 03:51:04 pm »
Love thy Neighbour ,Alf Garnett ,Bernard Manning all Racists but acceptable in the 1970s Thats what the Brexiteers want to return to a White Mans Britain . You look at British Football now and its hard to realize Clive Best with West Ham in 1970was the First Black Player in the 1st division.

I lived in Birmingham amongst West Indians and Pakistani people.
It's where we heard the term Raasclaat from the Yardie guys.

dalymount

« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2018, 07:08:17 am »
That's a ridiculous statement to say brexiteers are racist.thats fukki g typical of a liberal to say such a thing.i have nothing against foreign Nationals personally,but I am opposed to the concept of multiculturism.does this make me a racist ?

Offline Belker

« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2018, 07:30:40 am »

Wouldn't get away with any of that on the telly anymore...you'd have every rights group outraged on twitter...scantily clad burds,slappin baldy oul fellas....and Dick Emery sayin...."you are awful...but i like you!"

How things have changed, the 1940 coursing cup was won by a dog called 'Black []' !

Show Unread Posts