Author Topic: Crackdown on illegal immigrant taxi drivers  (Read 66126 times)

The Liffey Lip

Re: Crackdown on illegal immigrant taxi drivers
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2018, 09:22:01 am »
Looking forward to it. Always fancied learning Urdu.

You talk a lot of Urdu already.

Thanks, SClass....and what with Mytaxi , that wonderful German company, my Deutsch has improved to that of a native redner. Did you ever look into who founded Hailo? One of the lads is of particular interest..

Offline SClass

« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2018, 11:03:50 am »
Looking forward to it. Always fancied learning Urdu.

You talk a lot of Urdu already.

Thanks, SClass....and what with Mytaxi , that wonderful German company, my Deutsch has improved to that of a native redner. Did you ever look into who founded Hailo? One of the lads is of particular interest..

Don't use it, Not interested,
The game is what it is now,
Taken over by Pakistani, Indians, sub saharan, Muzzies,
You lefties have it the way it is,
So there you have it,

Had a yank giving out fuck about the Africans taken over the taxi industry in Dublin, he said I didn't come to Ireland to see this,
Is guys like you I want to meet.

I'm more concerned now about the black spot on my Roses,
As I said, it is what it is,

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #137 on: August 25, 2018, 01:56:49 pm »
All them L badges are here a few years already. They've been giving out M badges for at least 3 years now.

Unless they've started to give out L badges after M for some reason.

Just to clarify what our system can determine - badges are only recorded when associated with plates hence drivers may have held badges and not used them for a period or, Pope forbid, driven without complying with NTAs vehicle link registration requirements.

From the expiry dates of those in the small snippet most recently introduced to this discussion it's clear that all bar one of the L badges were issued last month while the M badge was issued in June. There may be some delay between the assignment of badge numbers and the issue of badges, perhaps relevant to the extent of Garda/GNIB enquires or such like?

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #138 on: August 25, 2018, 02:45:01 pm »
I don't get why they went back to Ls after already starting on M.Should we get one of the smart lads like Timo to tell them what letter comes next?.Maybe their system can't handle anything after this alphabet has run its course so they decided to use up leftover numbers.

I found L9279 and he looks like one of us potato munchers.Mine is L3xxx and I got my licence 9 years ago.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #139 on: August 25, 2018, 02:52:32 pm »
All them L badges are here a few years already. They've been giving out M badges for at least 3 years now.

Unless they've started to give out L badges after M for some reason.

Just to clarify what our system can determine - badges are only recorded when associated with plates hence drivers may have held badges and not used them for a period or, Pope forbid, driven without complying with NTAs vehicle link registration requirements.

From the expiry dates of those in the small snippet most recently introduced to this discussion it's clear that all bar one of the L badges were issued last month while the M badge was issued in June. There may be some delay between the assignment of badge numbers and the issue of badges, perhaps relevant to the extent of Garda/GNIB enquires or such like?
Renewed maybe ?

Offline weird al wankovitch

« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2018, 02:56:26 pm »
I reckon its to prevent animosity between drivers .. A lot of badge snobs out there.. Ever notice how many nua wheelie users have older badges? There seems to be a lot of ex renters jumping into the new wheelies these days. I'm glad to see it, the lads can take 2 days off a week instead of slaving away for the massa 24/7

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #141 on: August 25, 2018, 04:03:42 pm »
Possible, BHT... but unlikely that they should all follow the same pattern at the same time i.e. hold a licence for 5/6 years without using it then renew it and use it almost immediately. I think I'll start publishing more comprehensive data from the start of next month in the interests of, perhaps, getting a clearer picture... and, maybe, helping our Social Welfare friends along the way!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2018, 04:05:28 pm »
I reckon its to prevent animosity between drivers .. A lot of badge snobs out there.. Ever notice how many nua wheelie users have older badges? There seems to be a lot of ex renters jumping into the new wheelies these days. I'm glad to see it, the lads can take 2 days off a week instead of slaving away for the massa 24/7

That strategy was certainly employed when National plate numbers were introduced. Old plates were mixed in with plata nuas to make them indistinguishable.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2018, 04:12:54 pm »
Possible, BHT... but unlikely that they should all follow the same pattern at the same time i.e. hold a licence for 5/6 years without using it then renew it and use it almost immediately. I think I'll start publishing more comprehensive data from the start of next month in the interests of, perhaps, getting a clearer picture... and, maybe, helping our Social Welfare friends along the way!
This looks a bit suspect :

L9416   16/07/2023   SYED IMRAN ZUBAIR     
L9419   16/07/2023   MIDRAR MUHAMMAD     
L9428   16/07/2023   NARINJAN SINGH     

What are the odds on 3 guys passing knowledge test on the same day ?

Scratch that, just had a look on driver app, there`s quite a few expiring on 16/07/2023 . NTA must issue a batch after a few tests have completed.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 04:17:57 pm by Bubba Ho-Tep »

Offline silverbullet

• You don't want to do it like that
« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2018, 04:15:14 pm »

That strategy was certainly employed when National plate numbers were introduced. Old plates were mixed in with plata nuas to make them indistinguishable.
It's still numeric then alphabetical.  Most de-reg drivers are JKLM, some f the Jekylls are older badge numbers whose licences lapsed or were banned.
On renewal, rhey were given an up to date letter.
The only vowels are A badges, and E badges.
I and O could be construed as numbers, therefore are and will be skipped.
U will probably never be reached as we'll have autonomous vehicles by then. 8)

Offline SClass

« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2018, 04:16:54 pm »

Indistinguishable  rofl
Well that didn't work

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2018, 04:17:19 pm »

Own the plates or renting/employed? Employer booked them for the same day?
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #147 on: August 25, 2018, 04:20:42 pm »

Own the plates or renting/employed? Employer booked them for the same day?
Just had a trawl Bob, looks like NTA issue a batch after a few tests are completed.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2018, 04:24:41 pm »
All renting from different plate lords:

L9428 = T37233   TAXI   ACTIVE   30/08/19   12D49337      VINAY KUMAR (1)
L9419 = T36356   TAXI   ACTIVE   13/08/19   10D127159      KEVIN JOHN GREY
L9416 = T37248   TAXI   ACTIVE   24/06/19   09OY1220      CHAUDHRY MUHAMMAD ASIF (1)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #149 on: August 25, 2018, 04:27:07 pm »
Indistinguishable  rofl
Well that didn't work

The first wave of plata nuas were, in the main, operated by Irish drivers - a lot of them ex filthy, stinking hackneymen.

Show Unread Posts