Author Topic: INSURANCE  (Read 62373 times)

Offline TaxiMark

• Valued Contributor
Re: INSURANCE
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2018, 03:21:59 am »
Thanks for replies.........

To give a clearer picture. There are 2 personal injury claims (one already settled). The accident happened closely prior to renewal date last year, claims were only made after I had renewed. I had no protection (the first time in a decade I'd say), was trying to keep cost down, as it had rose sharply in the previous yr or two. I'm expecting a high quote, but am thinking if its in double figures........I'm out of business.

I'm with Axa/BJP.  They didn't send out all the documentation this year.  But buried in the small print in previous years, my 'base' premium with Axa/BJP is 6k and the NCB of 60% brings it down to around 2.4k.  So if you're in the same boat with no NCB-protection, will it go up to 6k for you?  Sorry to be alarmist.  Everyone's worst nightmare. 

Maybe go into BJP in person and talk to them.  I think they're supposed to be on your side?

But, like JohnM said, don't look at the big number, look at how much it is per week and it might not seem so bad then?

Thanks watty. I'll wait til the quote arrives ......see how bad it is then make the necessary phone calls.

dalymount

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2018, 08:59:28 am »
Mark like the lads were saying,its grand to have a monthly payment option.its not easy for people ,some have a lot of other domestic issues as well on top of things like anual insurance.best of luck mate

john m

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2018, 09:04:16 am »
Dollymount What went on in Dalymount last night ..Great result .

Offline TaxiMark

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2018, 07:10:35 am »
Mark like the lads were saying,its grand to have a monthly payment option.its not easy for people ,some have a lot of other domestic issues as well on top of things like anual insurance.best of luck mate

Cheers Dalymount. I'll keep yis posted

Offline Belker

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2018, 08:41:10 am »
Dollymount What went on in Dalymount last night ..Great result .
Ah ! Yea ! Rub it in why don't ya !!

Offline Belker

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2018, 08:47:52 am »
Thanks for replies.........

To give a clearer picture. There are 2 personal injury claims (one already settled). The accident happened closely prior to renewal date last year, claims were only made after I had renewed. I had no protection (the first time in a decade I'd say), was trying to keep cost down, as it had rose sharply in the previous yr or two. I'm expecting a high quote, but am thinking if its in double figures........I'm out of business.

I would hazard a Wild, Wild uneducated guess at 7 to 8.5K,
I don't think they will go Double figures as after 20 years
they don't want to risk losing you.

P.S. Best of Luck.
And keep us updated.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2018, 08:54:47 am »
Who here would stay in business with an 8k quote?Not me anyway. Realistically 2.5k is my limit.I'd make more doing something else.

Offline vandriver

« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2018, 09:16:50 am »
Who here would stay in business with an 8k quote?Not me anyway. Realistically 2.5k is my limit.I'd make more doing something else.
I pay 7 and do just fine.

« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2018, 09:24:26 am »
Not a chance for me unfortunately.Those numbers you're posting aren't sustainable long term Vandriver.You'll most likely burn out at some point.I know it's hard to believe now because you think were just lazy but you'll get there too.

If ya had of worked during the recession you'd be almost certainly burned out doing 14 hour days for a ton.The only guys left putting in big numbers are the renters and blokes who got fukked out by their wives because they've nowhere else to be.

dalymount

« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2018, 09:28:18 am »
When Kenco pulled out of the taxi market I had to pay 5 for two consecutive years,as nobody else would quote me with 6 penalty points

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2018, 09:31:55 am »
5k would see me walking away.My car needs changing in a couple of years too which is another big expense.I'd be back on the motorbike in a flash.

Offline Belker

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2018, 09:58:11 am »
Wow !  7 is big, and we complain about paying 2.5.
At least it will come down over the years VD.

You really need to get your own Rig sorted.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2018, 10:05:55 am »
No wonder he has to earn 300 a day ffs  rofl rofl
We’ll all come visit you in Dundrum when you burn yours of out.  Actually no we won’t because we will be celebrating having 1 less competing against us.

As someone else said, we aren’t lazy, we just know our limits, oh and we own our own cars.

When Kenco pulled out of the taxi market I had to pay 5 for two consecutive years,as nobody else would quote me with 6 penalty points
And I thought you were an angel on the roads Dalyer. Naughty naughty

Offline vandriver

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2018, 10:58:05 am »
You all think I do 70 or more hours a week ....I don't!
I am always gold on mytaxi,and get on average 2 jobs an hour for my 45 hours a week.

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2018, 11:20:07 am »
No I believe ya, I just wouldn't want your tax liability though.Most of us owner-drivers wouldn't have a renter's expenses so it's not worth doing all them app jobs to end up with a big bastard of a tax bill IMO.

By my rubbish calculations, you've got easily an extra 20k per year to claim as expenses compared to an owner-driver.

7k insurance(holy fukking Mary)
9k rental(50*180?)
5k Fuel?
5k+  Mytaxi commision?

So even when you eventually own yer own rig and get the insurance down to 2k your tax liability will be perhaps 7k? a year covering all that app work..I'd rather be poor than give the revenue that much money.

Show Unread Posts