Author Topic: Democracy me bollox  (Read 54013 times)

dalymount

Democracy me bollox
« on: November 12, 2018, 08:15:24 am »
Here in Ireland years ago.proposal for neice treaty .we vote no,we are told to go back and vote again till we get it right.mastrict treaty we vote no,we are told to go back and vote again till we get it right.the British vote for brexit,and there are loads of cunt politicians over there who wont accept the will of the people like Tony Blair,and who will stop at nothing till they stop brexit.what is the point in democracy,if they wont accept the result ?

The Liffey Lip

Re: Democracy me bollox
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2018, 08:36:39 am »
Hope this helps.

Offline SClass

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2018, 10:33:37 am »
 Tony the lying cunt  Blair ,
 Weapons of mass destruction,
 A neck like a jockeys bollocks,
 It's like nothing ever happened not a word about the thousands killed in Iraq including young British soldiers,
Now he expects the people to listen to him,
Fuck off Tony and crawl back under your Rock.

dalymount

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2018, 01:06:25 pm »
The cheek of these fukking left wingers not to accept the people's decision

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2018, 01:40:44 pm »
Brexit is seen as quite a big deal over in the UK. Whether it is the democratic will of the people is debatable insofar as it didn't achieve majority support taking turnout into account.

dalymount

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2018, 02:48:45 pm »
Rat how can you say it didnt receive majority support ? The process was carried out in a recognized,and acceptable way,that complies with all democratic procedures.the result waz in favour of leave,and that is not being accepted by certain people who will stop at nothing to have it overturned

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2018, 03:04:48 pm »
The majority of those entitled to vote didn't vote to leave, neither did they vote to remain.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2018, 03:43:11 pm »
the only time i ever voted was to vote no on the fiscal compact treaty in 2012.
the yessers in the government spent the campaign domesdaying and fearmongering the people like children.
well if all the bollix you're saying is true, then maybe we should'nt be part of this european project that will punish our country for disagreeing with the will of faceless unelected plutocrats? No?
As george carlin said if you have selfish ignorant citizens you're gonna have selfish ignorant leaders.

dalymount

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2018, 05:28:35 pm »
Rat tou have me puzzled.of the people who DID vote,52per cent voted to leave,while 48 per cent voted to remain.whats complicated about that ?

Offline watty

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2018, 05:46:17 pm »
Rat tou have me puzzled.of the people who DID vote,52per cent voted to leave,while 48 per cent voted to remain.whats complicated about that ?
That's the people who actually turned up and voted.  I don't the number but maybe 50% or more stayed at home, meaning the 'leave' vote was less than half of the total population...

Referendums in Ireland are legal things that the Dail has to take notice of.  Referendums in the UK are only 'advisory' to Parliament.  They could choose to ignore them if they wanted to.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Referendums_in_the_United_Kingdom
Referendums in the United Kingdom are very occasionally held at a national, regional or local level. National referendums can be permitted by an Act of Parliament and regulated though the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000, but they are by tradition extremely rare due to the principle of parliamentary sovereignty meaning that they cannot be constitutionally binding on either the Government or Parliament, although they usually have a persuasive political effect.

Until the latter half of the twentieth century the concept of a referendum was widely seen in British politics as "unconstitutional" and an "alien device". As of 2018, only three national referendums have ever been held across the whole of the United Kingdom: in 1975, 2011 and most recently in 2016.

john m

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2018, 06:26:14 pm »
GET A GUN

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2018, 07:32:32 am »
The Holy Roman Empire has fallen 6 times before....get ready for number 7.

john m

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2018, 08:27:58 am »
Dollymount you still dont get it .Before WW1 the British Aristocrats owned about 80% of everything in Britain after the war they began to lose their wealth as the working class and middle class expanded .Brexit is the Sons of the Elites Eaton educated infiltrators having gotten into position they are going to bankrupt Britain through Brexit and then buy back everything for pennies on the pound .Biggest losers in all of this are going to be the working class minimum wage worker who wont be able to get a loan or a mortgage and will once again be renting somewhere to live off the big landlords .Just like bankers organised a coup against the working class in Ireland who cannot afford a nest. The Eaton Mafia are going to do the same in the UK Brexit is a Coup and they managed to convince the idiots to vote for their own downfall. Unfortunately they will take us with them so much for your version of Democracy ,when RTE are reporting more people killed in Northern Ireland as Green Paddy and Orange Paddy reignite old scores remember that it is a result of the so called Democratic will of the People of the UK that Irish people should be killed .

john m

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2018, 08:38:56 am »
Here Dollymount give this a read .The Brits just letting us know if we fuck with them over the Border they will ram the border up our arse .   https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-46178534

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2018, 09:00:11 am »
This project is as old as the 7 hills of Rome. History teaches us that we seldom learn from it...............The Hapsburgs knew the game..as did Napoleon..........Since the days of Justinian, in the 6th century, the game has been a united, federal Govt in Europe. The intellectuals took over after ww2 when the Scientists and Sociologists were transported from war zones by the Red Cross to safety in America and Switzerland. The Brits unwittingly are upending this failed project............Brexit will not happen.

Show Unread Posts