Author Topic: mytaxi Christmas Bonus  (Read 35575 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: mytaxi Christmas Bonus
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2018, 02:48:55 pm »
I understand your point, VD. What I am suggesting is that most traders require profit i.e. if you take in €2.00 in respect of a booking it's not necessarily viable to pay most, all or (in your example) more than that in relevant expenses.

Offline vandriver

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2018, 02:58:53 pm »
I'll break this down as simply as I can.
40 Street jobs at 15 each=600
40 mt jobs at 15 each,plus 2 puc=680
12% is 81.60 leaving 598.40
As for waiting,I'd say it averages about 2 minutes per job .
Does time spent sitting on a rank scratching your hole not count?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2018, 03:05:51 pm »
So you're making a small loss on the call out fees... that obviously doesn't suit everyone.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2018, 03:27:36 pm »
I fukkin miss sitting around doing nothing.No time to eat or clean me motor or talk bollox to the lads.Bring on the next recession it's too busy.I don't like it...fukkin tax man is killing me..

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2018, 03:35:05 pm »
mytaxi is quite anti-social. I rarely use (unofficial) ranks these days and there are noticeably less radio men parked up and engaging in social intercourse. On the plus side I have pretty much cut out fast food as I was in the habit of buying a chinese or a dinner box or a Big Mac Meal and 3 Hamburgers to eat while on the unofficial ranks... so it's not all bad!

john m

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2018, 03:36:36 pm »
I fukkin miss sitting around doing nothing.No time to eat or clean me motor or talk bollox to the lads.Bring on the next recession it's too busy.I don't like it...fukkin tax man is killing me..

I have a cunning plan merc To be debt free no mortgage ,bank loan ,credit card or credit loan by july 2019 .Then I might look for a job somewhere to retire to and collect weekly pay packet drive cab friday and saturday night if it suits me .shit job like post office sorting or order picking in the pharma industry clean light work stress free.Paid hilidays bank holidays and as you still have the taxi you can walk any time you want .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2018, 03:40:55 pm »
At your age it should be less work you're looking for... there's more to life...

john m

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2018, 03:46:07 pm »
I miss the banter of working with others ,wouldnt mind getting in somewhere with a little pension .The next recession is on the way pharma or post boom in recessions eviction notices and vallium recession proof .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2018, 03:46:42 pm »
Don't know why you'd bother looking for a real job if you're debt free...and still planning to drive your joe at the weekend....at present you're a self confessed 20hr a week man....and on that current income you're planning to be debt free by July 19....rent a gaff for the winter months in the Canaries and dump the missus!!

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2018, 04:21:00 pm »
John if you done less on the theory of taxi driving and more on the practical side  of taxi driving you would have been debt free a long time ago.
Imagine if you increased your working week by 5 hours you would still be only doing 25 hours a week.
Work in the bed sleep on the floor comes to mind.

Offline Belker

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2018, 04:23:44 pm »
Is it opt in???? rofl rofl
Would you and Rats ever let that one die ?
Ye will start him (John M) up again someday and none of us will be the better fer it !

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2018, 04:41:39 pm »
Ask me hole Ken....my kids are teenagers and Santy has left the building....i look forward to Christmas now for the amusement of poking fun at John cos he didn't opt in for the bobo.....let me have this Ken...ye bleedin Grinch!!

Offline Belker

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2018, 04:47:05 pm »
.......... an extra €2.50/job isn't to be sneezed at but I don't start 'till 7 or 8 in the evening so I probably won't get close.
Maybe it'll entice me into an earlier start of a Saturday....
I'm Not terribly interested is this derisory Bobo offer,
God be with the days when it used to be a Ton !

I might try it on the Two Saturdays and if I make it so be it,
but I won't be chasing it too hard.
Fridays are no good because the traffic is brutal up til 7pm.

Me small fella has a match tomorrow at 2pm so I should be
on-shift fer about 4pm and I'll text ya Rats to let ya know how
I'm getting on, hardly worth it fer 40 Bucks, but sure if'n we
are racing, then it will add a birra sport to the night !

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2018, 04:48:50 pm »
Not racing, the earliest I'll be in is 6... Might try to stay out 'till 2 but it's a long time since I worked after midnight to be honest. I won't be in the running today as I was up at 08:30 to attend a funeral mass up above in Dublin at 10.

Offline Belker

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2018, 04:59:13 pm »
Ask me hole Ken....my kids are teenagers and Santy has left the building....i look forward to Christmas now for the amusement of poking fun at John cos he didn't opt in for the bobo.....let me have this Ken...ye bleedin Grinch!!
No Hal, ya can't Fookin have it ! Do you not remember what happened about that Hailo 'Opt-in' Bobo with John M the last time around, a Fookin year he kept his protest going (whilst totally in the wrong) and we all had to read the constant drivel post's so as to stay apprised of the outcome, an entire Fookin year it went on fer ! Do you really want all that over again ?
If ever a case could be made fer a cliche, then this is it; "Let Sleeping Dogs Lie !".

Show Unread Posts