Author Topic: Congrats! No. of complaints rises again for another year!  (Read 12593 times)

Online watty

Congrats! No. of complaints rises again for another year!
« on: January 03, 2019, 05:59:59 pm »
Driving an unregistered car and overcharging: Increase in number of complaints about taxis

1,163 complaints up to the end of Nov 2018.  More than the 1,146 for the whole of 2017!

The complaints received about taxis were about driver behaviour (474), vehicle condition (46), hiring matters (222), fare matters (418) and identification (3; location and content of logos, stickers or ads).

I quite like the attitude of this driver...
Complaint: “I handed the driver a €20 note. The driver stated that he did not have any change to give me. He stopped the fare and decided he would bring us to a shop in order for him to get change.

“The driver stopped the vehicle at our destination and handed me €8. I informed the taxi driver that the correct change was in fact €8.40. With this, he opened the rear passenger door and proceeded to lift the rear passenger seat looking for small change.  “The driver eventually gave me the correct change and the journey was complete.”

Outcome:  Not proceeded with – No response from complainant when contacted.

Congrats are also due to the Guards. They're catching up with us!  Approx 900/yr

Gardaí fined 4,595 times for disciplinary breaches over five years

A total of 4,595 fines were issued against members of An Garda Síochána for disciplinary breaches over a five-year period, leading to €357,930 being deducted from their wages and salaries, new figures show. The fines were imposed for a range of offences that included discreditable conduct, neglect of duty, falsehood or prevarication, discourtesy and engaging in corrupt or improper practice.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Congrats! No. of complaints rises again for another year!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 06:26:46 pm »
Links not working above, fixed below:

Driving an unregistered car and overcharging: Increase in number of complaints about taxis

1,163 complaints up to the end of Nov 2018.  More than the 1,146 for the whole of 2017!

The complaints received about taxis were about driver behaviour (474), vehicle condition (46), hiring matters (222), fare matters (418) and identification (3; location and content of logos, stickers or ads).

I quite like the attitude of this driver...
Complaint: “I handed the driver a €20 note. The driver stated that he did not have any change to give me. He stopped the fare and decided he would bring us to a shop in order for him to get change.

“The driver stopped the vehicle at our destination and handed me €8. I informed the taxi driver that the correct change was in fact €8.40. With this, he opened the rear passenger door and proceeded to lift the rear passenger seat looking for small change.  “The driver eventually gave me the correct change and the journey was complete.”

Outcome:  Not proceeded with – No response from complainant when contacted.

Congrats are also due to the Guards. They're catching up with us!  Approx 900/yr

Gardaí fined 4,595 times for disciplinary breaches over five years

A total of 4,595 fines were issued against members of An Garda Síochána for disciplinary breaches over a five-year period, leading to €357,930 being deducted from their wages and salaries, new figures show. The fines were imposed for a range of offences that included discreditable conduct, neglect of duty, falsehood or prevarication, discourtesy and engaging in corrupt or improper practice.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 06:37:49 pm »
They usually separate out the DAA villains, that isn't evident in the analysis reported. This is a weird one... the penalty seems to have nothing to do with the complaint:

Complaint: “Requested a taxi to go to the airport [that was] able to accept credit cards, the driver agreed and accepted the service. Once we got to the airport the payment terminal did not work, therefore I had to go into the terminal, got the fare and paid in cash.
Outcome: Fixed Payment Notice – Failure to print and offer a receipt.

Online watty

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 06:47:39 pm »
Dunno.  Maybe the 'payment terminal' was his MyTaxi phone and he did the fare without turning on the meter (fixed fare?)?  Then, if his phone broke/ran out of data, he was left in the lurch and unable to give a receipt from either his printer or his MyTaxi phone?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 06:58:57 pm »
... but they only complained about having to hand over legal tender, the complaint doesn't mention the receipt at all. If I was the driver I would have said the receipt printed as normal and, as is generally the case, by the time it was finished printing the client was gone.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2019, 08:33:59 pm »
he should have just written out a hand written receipt on a piece of paper.

id say the customer who reported the driver for not giving the change was one of those people who fights with people in the service industry every day, its 40 cent, get over it. a taxi driver in germany owed my friend 3 or 4 euro change and did not give it to him, we just got on with our day, imagine ringing up the NTA over 40 cent which they GOT.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2019, 08:39:39 pm »
To be fair, any driver should have change of a score. I know there's no legal obligation to give change, the obligation is on the passenger to discharge the fare in legal tender... but it is customary in the normal course of business. It may be that he just forgot his float or something but he should have rounded the fare down rather than up, IMO.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2019, 08:51:26 pm »
I’d say the NTA fined him for not issueing a receipt as he probably didn’t give them a receipt and it took a bit of digging to get his details.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2019, 08:57:31 pm »
Maybe an immigrant....

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2019, 09:00:35 pm »
It's the stats time of the year.
*Yawns*

Offline Firewall

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2019, 11:09:34 pm »
I made up with really handy receipt on the phone. If someone wants a receipt, I change the dates and figures, and email it to them or send it by text. It look all legit like a MyTaxi passenger one.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2019, 12:36:07 am »
I made up with really handy receipt on the phone. If someone wants a receipt, I change the dates and figures, and email it to them or send it by text. It look all legit like a MyTaxi passenger one.
But it won’t have your registration number, license number, distance travelled etc etc you’re a Limo so we don’t give a fuck

Offline Firewall

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2019, 11:57:58 am »
I include all those details, but that regardless of whether I'm a limo or not.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2019, 12:47:04 pm »
I had an Italian cnut few months ago waitin for 20cent change from 10 note.... 9.80 fare.....
Ide normally hand the 20 cent but I just wanted to see would he ask for it.....
An he fukin did......
Them cnuts are nearly as bad as northerners scum..... Only yu can nearly spot the Italian but some times yu get a Spaniards an them cnuts give yu a load coins from their woman's purse they have strapped around their waste like the 40 euro or so they have init is their life savings....
I dont pick any them cnuts anymore I just say fuk off to them wen they have their hand out..... But the northern cnut is harder to spot....
You can usually spot them....
They either incredibly skinny cause they too mean to eat..... Or a big fat bastard cause their a greedy b.......d.
You can also see a purple glow on the ground around them like a shadow.... That's the evil ectoplasm seeping from their arse....
And the smell of cow shite and diesel and chemicals off them wud burn the hairs of your nostrils.....
Smelly cnuts
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2019, 10:32:59 pm »
I include all those details, but that regardless of whether I'm a limo or not.
We don’t care

Show Unread Posts