Author Topic: smart arse bet  (Read 16876 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: smart arse bet
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2019, 01:09:58 pm »
What are you not sure of?

There are several potential reasons for it not being tested in court... if that is the case. I suspect it is because of a Joe Duffy show several years ago which covered a case where an addict had done a small fortune on a credit card. Being at the end of his tether he explained to the bank that he can't pay and that he'd have to explain his addiction and the measures he had taken to tackle it when the case comes to court. The bank took the lead in getting the gambling firm to refund some of the money lost and it wrote off the rest. That's not to say they haven't pursued other cases where gamblers simply didn't mention the ultimate source of the debt in court or, indeed, reached out of court settlements.

There's nothing to prevent paddypower or anyone else pursuing money it believes it's owed. The fact that a debt is not legally enforceable doesn't mean they can't ask for it. In fact, they or a firm of debt collectors can (and probably do) send solicitors letters threatening legal action regardless of whether they actually intend to take that action. In the UK a person can issue a cease and desist letter in respect of a debt that isn't legally enforceable but (to the best of my knowledge) there is no such provision in Irish law.

john m

« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2019, 01:18:57 pm »
REAL REAL SMART ARSE BET ..What is the legal definition of Meaningfull vote ....The "meaningful vote" is the parliamentary vote under the terms of Section 13 of the United Kingdom's European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018, which requires the government of the United Kingdom bring forward an amendable parliamentary motion at the end of the Article 50 negotiations between the government and the European Union in order to ratify the Brexit withdrawal agreement.[1][2]

So any amendable motion brought forward by the Government in relation to Brexit exit has to be voted on and constitutes a MEANINGFULL VOTE as defined by statute .Nowhere does it say Mrs Mays deal is the only meaningfull vote .

Offline Belker

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2019, 04:53:11 am »
What are you not sure of?

I'm not going along with your idea that if PP refuse to pay me out on a legit bet, that I; "have absolutely no chance of successfully objecting to it's Maltese licence", I don't agree with that.

Offline Belker

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2019, 05:06:41 am »
There's nothing to prevent paddypower or anyone else pursuing money it believes it's owed. The fact that a debt is not legally enforceable doesn't mean they can't ask for it. In fact, they or a firm of debt collectors can (and probably do) send solicitors letters threatening legal action regardless of whether they actually intend to take that action. In the UK a person can issue a cease and desist letter in respect of a debt that isn't legally enforceable but (to the best of my knowledge) there is no such provision in Irish law.
TTBOMK there is in Irish law, a law which restricts how many times a bank/moneylender can contact a debtor per week/month.
Either way, if you shaft PP, Etc. on chargebacks, they can do as they please, Fook their postal mail in the bin and block their calls and emails, they can threaten all they want, no Irish court will rule on a Gambling debt.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2019, 02:29:13 pm »
I don't think they would refuse to settle a legit bet... but they won't take a bet if you have a history of withdrawing more than you lodge to your account.

There are a lot of restrictions on deb collectors including on how often they may telephone you. An interesting relatively new one is that they cannot call to your door without an appointment. Those who know the law will ignore them or tell them to sling their hook but there are plenty out there who don't know the law, they're the ones who are likely to pay after a solicitors letter or twenty.

Offline Belker

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2019, 05:18:06 am »
17. Charge-backs and Cancellation

17.1. You hereby agree, warrant and represent that no charge-backs or other cancelation of deposits will be made relating to your Account without our consent. In the event of any of the foregoing occurring, you agree to indemnify us and hold us harmless against any costs, claims, damages and expenses arising in connection therewith and to refund and compensate us for any losses we would otherwise incur arising from such actions including any expenses incurred by us in the process of recovering such amounts.

https://www.paddypower.com/aboutUs/Terms.and.Conditions/#err
That charge-back scam is still on-going in my head, it would need about 2.5K per person to join in and I have a person in mind with a bad credit history who prob wouldn't mind opening a new bank account and a few bookie accounts if they were looked after fer a few quid.

john m

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2019, 11:08:48 am »
Smartarse Bet .Tessy said she is off but what if there is a general election to sort out the shit .Paddy is betting on next PERMANENT Prime minister .Jeremy Corbyn is 9/1 if there is a general election Labour would only be 1/1 to win makes Corbyn massivly overpriced ,worth a sporting bet .

Offline Belker

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2019, 11:45:55 am »
Smart arse bet, if I could get on at 100/1 ?

Mayo to win AI Football championship up to 2025.
Tessy May to leave or be fired as PM by end of April 2019.
John Delaney to leave FAI completely by end of April 2019.
Donny T to complete his US/Mexico wall by end of 2025.
Jose Mourinho to manage a Winning Champions league team up to 2025.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2019, 11:53:15 am »
Well, I'm not interfering in anyone else's posts here, I hope, but expected prices for Mayo and Tyrone are between 10/12-1 to win Sam....that's crazy in my opinion, as the Dubs are burnt out. I've been to 3 of their 4 away games and all home games...and they're jaded and all over the place.

I think Mayo or Kerry will win this yrs contest with Donegal a huge 14/1 now......the last time they(Donegal) stopped the Dubs was in 2014 and they were 12/1 for that specific match. Dubs have won 10 out of 12 of the last comps-both league and Sams............their appetite is gone and they look exhausted.

john m

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2019, 11:55:27 am »
I think Tessy has played her Joker .If her deal does not pass there is no other deal on the table so Nobody else is going to want to be PM .I think she might hold on until November when the Tory Party will put down another no confidence vote in her leadership she loses her job in November but it takes about two months to elect a new leader .I think she might be there until next year .

Mayo are perpetual losers I would Prefer to bet on Cork to win an All Ireland before Mayo .

The Wall will never be compleated ,it will only be built in high unemployment areas .

See Paddy cut the odds on Jose managing Everton .

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2019, 11:58:49 am »
I think Tessy has played her Joker .If her deal does not pass there is no other deal on the table so Nobody else is going to want to be PM .I think she might hold on until November when the Tory Party will put down another no confidence vote in her leadership she loses her job in November but it takes about two months to elect a new leader .I think she might be there until next year .

Mayo are perpetual losers I would Prefer to bet on Cork to win an All Ireland before Mayo .

The Wall will never be compleated ,it will only be built in high unemployment areas .

Paddy and Everton must be Fckn mad, in any case I think Jose would be aspiring to something bigger than Everton
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

john m

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2019, 12:03:55 pm »

Paddy and Everton must be Fckn mad, in any case I think Jose would be aspiring to something bigger than Everton

Why would Jose not go to Everton when was the last time he was compedative .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2019, 12:04:50 pm »
Mourinho and Everton..........Bale to sign for Rovers is a better bet.

john m

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2019, 12:07:34 pm »
Mourinho and Everton..........Bale to sign for Rovers is a better bet.

Morouno is a busted flush found out in his last few jobs .Dont think he is in much demand .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2019, 12:10:15 pm »
£19.6 million pay-off.....why is it people define success by trophies and not compo?.....he's a fucking genius at it...Chelsea (twice). What the fuck has Solksjaer got money-wise?

Show Unread Posts