Author Topic: Milk  (Read 18447 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Milk
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2019, 05:18:19 pm »
Indeedin' I do... an old boss of mine was called Ernie, needless to say we filled in the rest.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2019, 06:57:40 pm »
Indeedin' I do... an old boss of mine was called Ernie, needless to say we filled in the rest.

Needless to say they called you Bert?

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #77 on: February 07, 2019, 07:56:56 pm »
Pasteurisation causes all the problems.......allergies. The real hardy bucks drink it straight from the cow like they do from their Mammies. Most Soy Beans are genetically modified......wake up some morning with an extra gonad or beside a woman with an Adam's apple.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2004/nov/07/foodanddrink.features7
Ill take me chances with the soya milk lippy..... Rather that than chance drinking residue an detritus gick matter from a cows bum....
I wouldn't mind turnin into a woman an me mot told me she's bisexual  an it could be a bit of crack.....
..better that than eatin gick and gettin heart disease
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 08:00:16 pm by Octavia1 »
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Online Octavia1

« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2019, 07:58:17 pm »
 :o

Online Octavia1

« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2019, 08:02:45 pm »
Had a lovely stir fry wit rice,  quorn and kidney beans an teriyaki sauce tonite...
I love Japanese an Thai food we'r all the lovely birds come from

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2019, 08:38:39 pm »
Diabetics are Lack Toes Intolerant!! 8)

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #81 on: February 07, 2019, 10:48:53 pm »
Ahh rats, I never even noticed the oval with the letters and numbers In it.

So the lidl milk I had is IE 1419 EC

I ventured in SuperValu the other day as the Lidl bread is very seldom fresh, (we should start another thread on that) and picked up a liter of their finest own brand milk and it’s code is the same as Lidl IE 1419 EC
It also states that it was “farmed in the Republic of Ireland”
Looking at the nutritional values and the SuperValu milk has slightly more Calaries(1 extra), carb(.1), saturated fats(.2), but less protein(.1) . All those values are minuscule considering they have the same codes so are they produced in the same plant.

You might like this nugget

https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/foodsafetyconsumerissues/foodsafetypublications/ApprovedFoodBusinessOperators2008.xls

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2019, 12:28:44 pm »
That's interesting alright. The only ROI one I've studied to date is the McLoughlin's one. The oval said "IE See Code Panel EC". I didn't know what that meant other than it was produced in Ireland. Obviously the producer isn't too fussy where he gets it from but there is a number stamped on the lid with the date, 1405. The SS tells me this is from Glanbia, Drogheda... so the West Dublin address on the label is probably just an administrative office or maybe a distribution depot.

I'm still intrigued as to why your Lidl is selling ROI produced milk while mine id selling (albeit Irish) milk produced up in the UK... given that the Irish one is the same as Super Valu's I probably wouldn't like it but, as someone suggested earlier, my problem with Super Valu could be down to handling/storage. I previously concluded that Moriarty must be turning the fridges off at night after he tried to poison me with the Chicken and the Rashers and it's the sort of thing I'd expect of a miserable, penny-pinching cunt of his ilk.

Also interesting that the Clonbawn milk my parents got from Aldi in Coolock carries the same "UK NI 224M EC" as the Strathroy they also had in the fridge, I'm guessing they got that from Spar on Tonlegee Rd... and that is the same NI number as the one sold in my local Lidl so I know the whole lot of that is produced from Irish milk by Strathroy in Omagh up in the UK.

Just a thought, is your Lidl stuff light or semi-skimmed?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2019, 12:35:29 pm »
I don't go to Tesco of a Monday as a rule because the dates don't stack up on any of the fresh stuff. It might be well within date but it's not as far ahead as any other day of the week in my experience so I've concluded that it's weekend leftovers or they don't stock the shelves of a Sunday night.

Hence I generally shop in Lidl of a Monday. The bread I get there is always from the bakery counter... usually a vienna roll which I slice with their machine selecting the medium setting. When I go to Tesco later in the week I usually get a French Stick (only lasts a day) and a loaf of old Mr. Brennan's sliced stuff which seems to last forever. If I need to top up on what I buy in the supermarkets I'd get Brennans from McLoughlin's... it's 50c dearer than Tesco but there's no walking/queuing involved and it wouldn't be all that often I'd need it, certainly not every week.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2019, 01:15:51 pm »
Hate payin more than €1.49 for me milk and more than €1.50 for me Brennans sliced pan.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2019, 01:23:48 pm »
Jesus Christ yes sound like a bunch of fckn Aul ones
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2019, 01:38:36 pm »
Jesus Christ yes sound like a bunch of fckn Aul ones

Fukin am......i pay for all the shopping,i hate goin to Aldi cos they don't have the self service checkouts when buying a small number of items....but Aldi it is for our big shop.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2019, 01:59:17 pm »
I go to Dunne's and do the shoppn sometimes (but don't tell anyone)
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2019, 02:05:38 pm »
No shame in being the shopper....as i pay for all our shopping i can keep tabs on what's being spent(not in a controllable manner)....i know the price of stuff which seems to be a mystery to most men....LL will be along soon to tell us we're something or other!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2019, 02:12:49 pm »
I've always done the shopping, Mrs. Catcher works during the day.... sure I cook it so it makes sense for me to but it, I guess. I used to go to Tesco for everything until they fucked with my OCD a few years back by rearranging the store. I figured if I have to learn it all again I might as well go to Lidl and learn it there but Lidl its a bit too communist to do all the shopping in it, there's very little brand choice, they choose for you and they often run out of stuff so I quickly figured I have to use both Lidl and Tesco, I guess that's when I started learning prices as in what's better value in which store.

Show Unread Posts