Author Topic: Milk  (Read 18449 times)

john m

Re: Milk
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2019, 02:17:48 pm »
Frawleys of Thomas Street are doing a lovley line in pinnies lads .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2019, 02:24:35 pm »
I go to Dunne's and do the shoppn sometimes (but don't tell anyone)

Dunno how Dunnes' staff get their jobs... half of them can't speak ENGLISH and they haven't a clue where anything is in the store... The staff in Tescos are predominately Irish, although one of the managers is English... Lidl is a mixture of Eastern Europeans and Paddies.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2019, 05:22:43 pm »
Back on topic, I got the Tesco one this afternoon. It's Irish (IE 1405 EC) which we now know to be from Glanbia, Drogheda - the same as McLoughlin's as it goes. That's good news, very good news.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2019, 06:42:21 pm »
Back on topic, I got the Tesco one this afternoon. It's Irish (IE 1405 EC) which we now know to be from Glanbia, Drogheda - the same as McLoughlin's as it goes. That's good news, very good news.
So they run it through cat litter?

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2019, 10:34:58 pm »
That's interesting alright. The only ROI one I've studied to date is the McLoughlin's one. The oval said "IE See Code Panel EC". I didn't know what that meant other than it was produced in Ireland. Obviously the producer isn't too fussy where he gets it from but there is a number stamped on the lid with the date, 1405. The SS tells me this is from Glanbia, Drogheda... so the West Dublin address on the label is probably just an administrative office or maybe a distribution depot.

I'm still intrigued as to why your Lidl is selling ROI produced milk while mine id selling (albeit Irish) milk produced up in the UK... given that the Irish one is the same as Super Valu's I probably wouldn't like it but, as someone suggested earlier, my problem with Super Valu could be down to handling/storage. I previously concluded that Moriarty must be turning the fridges off at night after he tried to poison me with the Chicken and the Rashers and it's the sort of thing I'd expect of a miserable, penny-pinching cunt of his ilk.

Also interesting that the Clonbawn milk my parents got from Aldi in Coolock carries the same "UK NI 224M EC" as the Strathroy they also had in the fridge, I'm guessing they got that from Spar on Tonlegee Rd... and that is the same NI number as the one sold in my local Lidl so I know the whole lot of that is produced from Irish milk by Strathroy in Omagh up in the UK.

Just a thought, is your Lidl stuff light or semi-skimmed?
Yes it all seems very strange alright.
I must have a good look the next time 8m in Tesco, Dunnes or SuperValu at all th3 differ3nt brands of milk.

Oh and only full fat original milk for me, none of that multivitamin or skimmed or semi skimmed(watered down) shite for me

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2019, 11:28:05 pm »
That's interesting alright. The only ROI one I've studied to date is the McLoughlin's one. The oval said "IE See Code Panel EC". I didn't know what that meant other than it was produced in Ireland. Obviously the producer isn't too fussy where he gets it from but there is a number stamped on the lid with the date, 1405. The SS tells me this is from Glanbia, Drogheda... so the West Dublin address on the label is probably just an administrative office or maybe a distribution depot.

I'm still intrigued as to why your Lidl is selling ROI produced milk while mine id selling (albeit Irish) milk produced up in the UK... given that the Irish one is the same as Super Valu's I probably wouldn't like it but, as someone suggested earlier, my problem with Super Valu could be down to handling/storage. I previously concluded that Moriarty must be turning the fridges off at night after he tried to poison me with the Chicken and the Rashers and it's the sort of thing I'd expect of a miserable, penny-pinching cunt of his ilk.

Also interesting that the Clonbawn milk my parents got from Aldi in Coolock carries the same "UK NI 224M EC" as the Strathroy they also had in the fridge, I'm guessing they got that from Spar on Tonlegee Rd... and that is the same NI number as the one sold in my local Lidl so I know the whole lot of that is produced from Irish milk by Strathroy in Omagh up in the UK.

Just a thought, is your Lidl stuff light or semi-skimmed?
Yes it all seems very strange alright.
I must have a good look the next time 8m in Tesco, Dunnes or SuperValu at all th3 differ3nt brands of milk.

Oh and only full fat original milk for me, none of that multivitamin or skimmed or semi skimmed(watered down) shite for me
You know when you're drowning at a creamery
When its Pasteurise !!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #96 on: February 09, 2019, 01:07:15 pm »
Bothering me a bit that two of the brands I like (Tesco and Dairyland Cuisine) are actually Avonmore (Glanbia, Drogheda) but I don't like Avonmore... might have to give Avonmore another go, doesn't make sense...

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #97 on: February 09, 2019, 01:30:23 pm »
Bothering me a bit that two of the brands I like (Tesco and Dairyland Cuisine) are actually Avonmore (Glanbia, Drogheda) but I don't like Avonmore... might have to give Avonmore another go, doesn't make sense...
Baffling

john m

« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2019, 02:22:30 pm »
Rodent are you looking for a new gig promoting Milk ?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2019, 02:28:24 pm »

Guinness beat him to it for promoting water.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2019, 02:43:25 pm »
Is On Board Bonya still around, erm?

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2019, 08:06:12 pm »
He milks Bulls.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2019, 07:50:53 am »
Ratser,

Out of curiosity do you purchase the clear plastic “bottle” of milk or the “tetra pak”
I found that the tetra paks  have the codes on them, while the dear plastic ones would just say “See Code Panel”

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2019, 09:39:09 pm »
The plastic one, 3L in Lidl or Tesco, 2L in McLoughlin's. McLaughlin's is the only one I've come across so far that says "see code panel" or some such. In that case the code panel was the lid where I found the code 1405 which I could interpret as Glanbia, Drogheda thanks to the SS you posted. Glanbia is, of course, Avonmore. I think the Drogheda plant used to be part of Dundalk and Drogheda Dairies in the good old days.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2019, 09:41:59 pm »
Not much milk used in this house so we use the Tetra paks.
Obviously the code is on the lid of the clear cartons as the label can be easily removed.
It all came from a cow but i like to know Twas an oirish cow

Like my eggs, they gotta be Free Range Irish eggs with an IE stamped on them

Show Unread Posts