Author Topic: Flag app update  (Read 18823 times)

john m

Re: Flag app update
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2019, 04:34:59 pm »
It gives you the option to dial 112 and/or alert colleagues/competitors who may be close enough to assist... like a virtual flashing roof sign, I guess. Personally I would have added some other options but I like the concept.
Panic button only notifies nearest driver if they are free not if driver has passenger, it's not about security company it's about watch out fellow drivers

I dont know what your role is in Flag but tell your bosses they havent a bulls notion how to run a business .If thats your bright idea then you can Whistle .I hope that refrence is not lost on you .
like u I don't bring donuts to germans, I just want competition. Ur happy to serve ur German boss.

You know nothing about me or who I serve .I just know shit when I see or hear it .

Offline noshah.pk

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2019, 04:38:23 pm »
It gives you the option to dial 112 and/or alert colleagues/competitors who may be close enough to assist... like a virtual flashing roof sign, I guess. Personally I would have added some other options but I like the concept.
Panic button only notifies nearest driver if they are free not if driver has passenger, it's not about security company it's about watch out fellow drivers
Sound like it's about time u get retire, if u like use flag if u don't like don't use it.
For some reason u think u know how to run taxi app.

I dont know what your role is in Flag but tell your bosses they havent a bulls notion how to run a business .If thats your bright idea then you can Whistle .I hope that refrence is not lost on you .
like u I don't bring donuts to germans, I just want competition. Ur happy to serve ur German boss.

You know nothing about me or who I serve .I just know shit when I see or hear it .

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2019, 04:41:34 pm »
Told me they'll be paying card/account jobs within 24 hours... that's not going to suit men paying transaction fees on their current accounts, not sure they thought that one through. I like the panic feature though, fear sells.

So Rodent how do they stand legally are they selling driver security with their in app panic button .Who will respond to the button are they now a security company .As I posted before they need to realize they have absolutely no clue what they are doing .Inventing a few lines of code is a long way from running a business .I wouldnt take a 90% share in it for free .No clue no business plan making it up as they go .They should look at toilet roll simple soft paper on a roll wipes your arse clean .Its always exactly the same made of paper because it works keep it simple .
Johnny your bein at tad unfair... Though I agree with simple.... They shud copy the hailo app... Everyone loved it... Passengers and drivers and it worked.
The Germans have their hands on your customers and your work and charging an extortionate amount..... And promoting competition between drivers.... And them drivers are handing it to them on a plate because they are so fukin brain dead they can't think beyond next week... ..
My taxi is also lobbying for more taxis,  Rideshare, involved in driver training, 
And also declared their stated aim Is to take control of the Autonomous vehicle market...
 Give flag  a chance....it can only be positive for Irish taxi drivers....
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 04:46:49 pm by Octavia1 »
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2019, 04:45:49 pm »
It's quite obvious to me but daimler are working very hard to creating the day when
You will only be able to be a taxi driver work for them.... And your first 30 hours work will go to them....

john m

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2019, 04:46:03 pm »
Occi give them a chance to what built their data base at our expence .Copying the Hailo app is not what they are offering they are promoting Fareshare which will lead to two or more unrelated passengers sharing the one car reducing the amount of work available .Plus the alarm shite requires a driver to put himself in danger .In what universe would you see any of this as progress or acceptable .Read between the lines Occi .

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2019, 04:50:03 pm »
Occi give them a chance to what built their data base at our expence .Copying the Hailo app is not what they are offering they are promoting Fareshare which will lead to two or more unrelated passengers sharing the one car reducing the amount of work available .Plus the alarm shite requires a driver to put himself in danger .In what universe would you see any of this as progress or acceptable .Read between the lines Occi .
Accepted john and  you are correct....
Let's see if they really mean Wat they say and are who they are..... If they don't listen then I'll turn it off.....
But our present situation is making me extremely uncomfortable....
I'm giving flag a chance..... And I'll switch off if they dont play ball

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2019, 04:52:37 pm »
Fare share is a gimmick and complicating
The app..... I want limited interaction with my phone.... I'm driving....
I want accept, reject  buttons and fuk all else....
Let's see if they deliver

Offline noshah.pk

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2019, 05:01:14 pm »
Fare share is a gimmick and complicating
The app..... I want limited interaction with my phone.... I'm driving....
I want accept, reject  buttons and fuk all else....
Let's see if they deliver
Fare share ? If two passenger travelling together and if one pay by app then paying party is going to divide fare with her friend. I don't see anything wrong with. If I travel with my friend and I want to pay them my part of fare then what's wrong with that ? Passenger already doing this by paying half fare in cash but if they have option to do same from passenger app by account then it's a facility.
Fare share doesn't mean u have to pick two unknown passenger.

dalymount

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2019, 05:05:16 pm »
Ffs the last thing we need in this industry is another fukking,dispatcher.its like bringing an apple into an orchard.will these people ever fukk off and leave us alone.do they think we are not capable of finding our own work ?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2019, 05:07:03 pm »
Lynk have offered the fare share facility for a good while now... I'd imagine it's popular with the students, I certainly see a lot of drivers working for Lynk picking up at the student residences in Santry of an evening. Get 'em young, I guess, that's what the phone companies do!

dalymount

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2019, 05:18:14 pm »
TO ALL DISPATCHERS
WE DONT FUKKING NEED YOU
WE ARE VERY CAPABLE OF FINDING OUR OWN WORK
PLEASE FUKK OFF AND LEAVE US ALONE

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2019, 05:22:26 pm »
What's all this "we" business?

I like working for mytaxi but I don't like the power they have over my business or the extent to which they control/own our trade hence I welcome any competition and, to be fair to Flag, they are doing things that I like e.g. no priority, lower commission, promoting camaraderie, generally listening to drivers, etc...

Offline noshah.pk

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2019, 05:25:33 pm »
What's all this "we" business?

I like working for mytaxi but I don't like the power they have over my business or the extent to which they control/own our trade hence I welcome any competition and, to be fair to Flag, they are doing things that I like e.g. no priority, lower commission, promoting camaraderie, generally listening to drivers, etc...
Agreed instead of working for one company better if we have competition.

dalymount

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2019, 05:35:23 pm »
I have ro say I am begining to have grave doubts about the ability of taxi drivers  to work on their own initiative.why the fuk do you need these people in your industry  ? Is it that you need to be told what to do ? Can you not find your own work ? What kind of fukking business men are you ?

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2019, 05:58:24 pm »
I will do my best to support Flag, for the reasons RC and Oct1 have expressed. I don't know why people see the need to use expletives in direct conversation with someone who is imparting information in a polite and civilised manner.

The need for a booking facility for clients is obvious and essential, high heels, expensive hair dos, frocks, walking sticks etc.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Show Unread Posts