Author Topic: Compulsive viewing  (Read 57638 times)

Offline silverbullet

• You don't want to do it like that
Re: Compulsive viewing
« Reply #495 on: February 13, 2024, 02:51:23 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-vfg3KkV54

Saw this in the cinema last night.  ??? I thought it was a good watch.

I think I can see into the future.

That, or I've seen this years ago, or at least a version of it.

The scene I remember was of a woman standing outside and thinking it was snowing?

Could you be thinking of schindlers list? There is a scene familiar to the one you describe where it looks like it's snowing but it's the ashes from the crematorium that's falling out of the sky. And because its all in black and white it could be mistaken for an old movie.

Mrs. Bullet suggested the same but I could swear I'd seen a Polish version on ALL4.

Offline taxi1990

« Reply #496 on: February 14, 2024, 12:33:48 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-vfg3KkV54

Saw this in the cinema last night.  ??? I thought it was a good watch.

@ taxi1990 - tut tut, you'll have Belker after you now for not naming the movie. 

Anyways, the critics are saying The Zone of Interest is a classic that will be talked about for years and years to come.  I'll have to add it to the list.

Let us know what you think of it, after you watch it.

Offline silverbullet

• You don't want to do it like that
« Reply #497 on: March 02, 2024, 06:50:36 pm »
"Boy Eats Universe" really offbeat unusual but highly entertaining 7 parter Aussie murder,drug and intertwined with a family story that will definitely get you hooked.

Has funny and serious themes throughout and refuses to conform to usual rules for this kind of thing.
Good call MMW. We just watched the first two episodes. what a stunning actor that kid is!

Years ahead of that Downs guy Barry Keoghan.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #498 on: March 03, 2024, 11:48:06 am »
Glad you like it Silver,just watched the first series of NYPD Blue,made in 1993,it's deadly,don't know how I never watched it,I think the Hill St Blues guy wrote it.

You never know who is going to show up as a guest star,Hank Shrader from Breaking Bad is a priest  lol,there's 12 series of about 20 episodes in each series.

That red head chap David Caruso is excellent in it.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #499 on: March 03, 2024, 12:26:16 pm »
Glad you like it Silver,just watched the first series of NYPD Blue,made in 1993,it's deadly,don't know how I never watched it,I think the Hill St Blues guy wrote it.

You never know who is going to show up as a guest star,Hank Shrader from Breaking Bad is a priest  lol,there's 12 series of about 20 episodes in each series.

Sipowitz ain`t bad either.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #500 on: March 03, 2024, 02:58:47 pm »

He's quality Bubba,I remember him being a grumpy Cop in one of those Die Hard movies. 8) 8)

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #501 on: March 03, 2024, 05:24:53 pm »

He's quality Bubba,I remember him being a grumpy Cop in one of those Die Hard movies. 8) 8)
Nearly sure he was in Hill St Blues too.

Offline Belker

« Reply #502 on: March 04, 2024, 09:58:46 am »

Is it on netflix ?

Offline Belker

« Reply #503 on: March 04, 2024, 10:12:19 am »

Nearly sure he was in Hill St Blues too.
Dennis Franz was Twice in Hill st blues, the only actor I know that played 2 different characters in the series.
The really bad cop Sal Benedetto at first who got killed off, and then later as Norm Buntz the kinda hard hitting outspoken uncouth cop come good guy.

P.S. Hill street Blues (the full boxset, 8 series) is on my bucketlist if'n hopefully never they send me off to a retirement/looney home. And if I survive all that I'll restart the Godfather series to surely see me out.......

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #504 on: March 04, 2024, 08:20:37 pm »

Is it on netflix ?

Yep,and NYPD Blue has started off as good as Hill St Blues-whether it can sustain will have to be seen.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #505 on: March 05, 2024, 09:05:12 am »

Is it on netflix ?

Yep,and NYPD Blue has started off as good as Hill St Blues-whether it can sustain will have to be seen.
Homicide ; Life on the Street is worth a watch if you can find it.

https://www.google.com/search?sca_esv=04037f73e2d082db&rlz=1C1CHBD_enIE809IE809&sxsrf=ACQVn0_iekhnowsPTFMCiKiZDCTQUZAS0A:1709629398178&q=Homicide:+Life+on+the+Street&stick=H4sIAAAAAAAAAONgFuLUz9U3MCqONzRVgjBNMpLKtKSyk630C1LzC3JSgVRRcX6eVUmZQnFGfnnxIlYZj_zczOTMlFQrBZ_MtFSF_DyFkoxUheCSotTUEgCLbYahUwAAAA&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiphOfn4dyEAxV6Q0EAHcZ7CugQ9OUBegQIJhAD&biw=1093&bih=513&dpr=1.25

Online watty

« Reply #506 on: March 05, 2024, 10:29:35 am »

+1

Offline Belker

« Reply #507 on: March 05, 2024, 02:28:56 pm »
......   Yep,and NYPD Blue has started off as good as Hill St Blues-whether it can sustain will have to be seen.
I'll give the boy swallows universe a go later.
Is NYPD on netflix ?

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #508 on: March 05, 2024, 04:11:20 pm »
Disney Ken

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #509 on: March 05, 2024, 04:13:22 pm »

+1

Looks like a hardish one to track down alright./Not currently available because of music rights by the looks of it

Following the passing of Andre Braugher, the writer undoubtedly has been sent an influx of questions about why Homicide is only available to purchase on DVD. As he shared on social media, he recently heard that NBC is looking into getting Homicide: Life On The Street on streaming, but first the network has to jump through the correct legal hoops to secure the music rights to the soundtrack of the series. As he expanded upon, the series has a “lot of licensed music” from “a vast array of artists” that need to be reviewed before it can find a home on a streaming service.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 04:17:30 pm by markmiwurdz »

Show Unread Posts