Author Topic: Here we go again  (Read 17603 times)

john m

Re: Here we go again
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2019, 01:33:54 pm »
This is a real number off the radio today...apparently there's €40000 per Nigerian leaving the state.That's impressive after tax and all.

Thats the figure per Nigerian over 17years so divide 40K by 17  The real figure for Money transfer to Nigeria is 17 million a year .

dalymount

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2019, 01:34:01 pm »
That's thats the greatest load of bolloxoligy I have ever heard . They are coming here and driving taxis, and some them cannot speak the English language and NONE of them are properly vetted. The reason they are getting away with it is the politicans are afraid of their shite to say anything for fear of upsetting the immigrant council of Ireland

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2019, 01:34:23 pm »
It's just a fact if you come from a third world country you're gonna work harder than the locals to get ahead.And if you can send money back home you'll try.

I remember getting tyres in Coolmine years ago and seeing a steady trickle of black taxi drivers going into the Moneygram shop to send cash back home.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 01:49:08 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline Belker

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2019, 01:34:49 pm »
Grealish is a clown for saying the Nigerians are coming here to SPONGE from the state. how can you say that about people who haven't even came here yet? what about the Nigerian taxi drivers who are working here? are they sponging off the state? no they are not. we have plenty home grown spongers here, in my experience most foreigners who come here want to work, what they do with the money they earn here is their own business.
rofl

dalymount

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2019, 01:51:22 pm »
A great mate of mine works for the fraud squad. He told at the moment, there is a huge number of taxi drivers under investigation. He did not say if they were Irish foreign, or both. Just that the number has dramatically shot up in recent times

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2019, 02:00:45 pm »
A great mate of mine works for the fraud squad. He told at the moment, there is a huge number of taxi drivers under investigation. He did not say if they were Irish foreign, or both. Just that the number has dramatically shot up in recent times

Can you ask your mate if they check the flue of a fireplace when raiding gaffs?....asking for a friend!!

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2019, 02:51:15 pm »
Grealish is a clown for saying the Nigerians are coming here to SPONGE from the state. how can you say that about people who haven't even came here yet? what about the Nigerian taxi drivers who are working here? are they sponging off the state? no they are not. we have plenty home grown spongers here, in my experience most foreigners who come here want to work, what they do with the money they earn here is their own business.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2019, 03:44:05 pm »
To be fair to the Nigerians a lot of them tend to work for their money.... often taking jobs very few folk want such as driving taxis, buses, luaseyes, cleaning, security, etc...

As DM notes, a lot of them drive taxis and, obviously, a lot more do security. These sectors are traditionally very poor contributors to the exchequer so it seems fair to question whether they are paying appropriate tax on the money they send home. As Leo noted, us Irish sent home large fortunes in used notes over the years and I think we can be pretty sure a lot of that was from into the hand work and/or other corrupt activities such as welfare fraud. However, these days there is a lot more traceability, cash in an envelope is unlikely to be the first choice.

Outfits like Western Union, Banks, etc ought to monitored closely... I know there are rules for reporting cash transactions over €10,000 but what about those transactions that are slightly under the limit or multiple transactions, disguised or otherwise, which collectively exceed the threshold?

The so-called gig economy ought to come under more scrutiny. The faceless bureaucrats in Brussels ought to make our Govt introduce withholding tax for firms like Airbnb, Free Now, Uber, etc... I have been told, for example, that Free Now's top driver had takings of €133,000 last year in respect of base jobs alone. This is serious money, not just a few nixers that can be reasonably overlooked. Similarly, a withholding tax regime within the security trade would undoubtedly benefit the exchequer. I know a good few soldiers who done door work over the years on a cash in hand basis, in fact there was a general acceptance that it wouldn't be worth their while giving up their weekends if they had to pay income tax on the relevant remuneration.

However, it's important not to get carried away and tar all immigrants with the same brush. Don't forget many of those who don't hold PSV or PSA licences are working for less than minimum wage*.

*source: DM.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 03:48:24 pm by Rat Catcher »

dalymount

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2019, 04:12:59 pm »
And illegally doing so I might add

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2019, 10:14:03 am »

Your mate doesn't understand the game going on under his nose, Dalyer........he probably takes home a bag of sand a week plus for not trying to understand the game............and it is a game,,,,,
The snowdrop is more powerful than than the Panzer.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2019, 10:50:43 am »

The thing here is slightly more complicated in that so many indigenous Irish have been proven to be the source of scamming....the fraud squad will throw the odd "foreigner" into the mix to assuage the fears of the inflamed "bona fide" driver baying for blood.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2019, 10:53:57 am by The Liffey Lip »

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2019, 11:59:03 am »
To be fair, West Africans have a similar cultural background to us as far as scamming is concerned... not to mention wife beating or fondness of the black stuff.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2019, 12:11:45 pm »
Remains to be seen, but our propensity for self-indulgently scoffing when it comes to blatant fraud seems to have only developed recently with the mere mention of the "foreigners"..........we appear to have totally ignored the biggest scam ever carried out on a recently established state such as ours....namely the "father unknown" clause on our birth certs which, hypothetically and allegedly speaking, may have defrauded the Irish tax-payer of more than 3 billion since 1986.........none of which can be attributed to anyone other than the Micks and Conceptas of this world.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2019, 12:15:41 pm »
Ah sure it's only 3 billion.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2019, 12:16:23 pm »
You forgot allegedly.... ;)

Show Unread Posts