Author Topic: Get yourself checked  (Read 110003 times)

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

Re: Get yourself checked
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2019, 08:06:43 pm »
just take it easy and try and avoid any UNEXPECTED LOUD NOISES!

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2019, 09:40:22 pm »
Crikey, best of luck with the procedure, these things are done everyday now, easy peasy they say.

Look after yourself and I hope you can still have a decent Xmas.

And sure maybe you’ll be back in the taxi, maybe signing up to a dirty dispatcher because you can get some good work off all of them. Some don’t require uniforms or stickers etc etc and you can still work as you wish to.

All I can suggest to you is not take everything so seriously and start the “if you can’t beat them, join them”
No point in you being at a legal rank when drivers are at an illegal rank across the road from you and you getting stressed about it, just join them, fuk it, life is too short

BTW, are you in the Mater private or public?

dalymount

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2019, 09:49:37 pm »
Thanks vik,I know your right in what you said,but tbh I honestly dont I will return to work.im getting on a bit now.I know self employed can now claim unemployment benefit so I will check that out asap

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2019, 09:53:59 pm »
Thanks vik,I know your right in what you said,but tbh I honestly dont I will return to work.im getting on a bit now.I know self employed can now claim unemployment benefit so I will check that out asap
Check out everything you can. I know you have your pension but I think the job kept ya active,in a way if you know what I mean. It got you out of the house, a lot of men can’t handle being at home everyday, I know I couldn’t.

And are you in the Mater Private or public? Will try pop in and say hello to you, bring you in a durty magazine  lol

dalymount

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2019, 09:59:42 pm »
Thanks for the thought,im still in beaumont and am being kept here till the job is done.unfortunately they will only allow family cause its high dependency.I will be transferred to mater when they are ready for me in jan

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2019, 10:02:14 pm »
That’s a pity as I’m sure a couple of us would have called in to say hello and make the day go quicker.
Let’s know when you are up for visitors

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2019, 10:14:37 pm »
Head Up DM, your in good hands and believe me the more people you talk to about this the better you will feel.

The proverbial saying 'A problem shared is a problem halved' expresses the idea that, when in difficulties it is useful to talk to someone about them
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

dalymount

« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2019, 10:35:39 pm »
I found that absolutely to be the case STC.every time I share it with someone all I get is encouragement and it means so much.it took a lot for me to even post it here at the start but when I did I felt so much better

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2019, 10:41:28 pm »
Best wishes DM.....have to say kinda put me off me kebab,battered sausage and potato scallops!! lol

dalymount

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2019, 11:08:37 pm »
Sorry hal,but youll probably be ok cause in my case it is hereditary

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2019, 11:35:12 pm »
It's just advanced plumbing these days.
My Mechanic has had 38 stents...and is servicing my car on Monday.
Best of luck Dalymount.

Offline Belker

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2019, 05:58:04 am »
Best of luck with it all DM, a mate of mine who manages 4 car depots in Cork had a quadruple about 3 years ago, he was given 6 months leave from his job (also a non drinker/smoker) but he told me he was bored at home and went back to work after 3 months.
Keep us posted DM.

Best, Ken.

Offline markmiwurdz

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2019, 06:09:00 am »
 potato scallops!!

WTF are they Hal ??  :o

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2019, 07:25:22 am »
Best hospital you could be in Dalyer for that. It sounds worse than it is...very routine nowadays but keep positive. Drinking and smoking don't help the heart but genetics is what most of it is about. Chances are you would have had to have it done yrs earlier if you were a boozer or smoker. Uncle still referees soccer games after his bypass....you'll be fine and out 2 weeks after the op.

dalymount

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2019, 07:35:01 am »
Thanks lip,but having spoken to a number of medical people in here,I think the time they keep you now is even shorter then that

Show Unread Posts