Author Topic: Dublin SPSV Driving Licences  (Read 5651 times)

Offline Bob Shillin

Dublin SPSV Driving Licences
« on: February 12, 2020, 01:51:13 am »
Any idea how many working drivers are licenced to work Dublin now? Number of cars working seems a lot higher recently
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline cruiser

Re: Dublin SPSV Driving Licences
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 02:39:36 am »
Free now
anybody with a licence for anywhere can work anywhere because theyre booked by the app

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 02:44:42 am »
Yes I appreciate that,  but is that the only reason, or ars D licences up significantly?
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 02:58:59 am »
The NTA won't  tell you...They are too busy promoting Electric cars
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 07:27:17 am »
Has there been more stats released Bob?

I suspect the reduction in the pass mark on the Geography from 80 to 75% is helping Freenow push more drivers through the test.

I think I said before that one question could be responsible for many more successful candidates.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 12:31:33 pm »
Any idea how many working drivers are licenced to work Dublin now? Number of cars working seems a lot higher recently

I don't think those numbers are readily accessible from our database but NTA do use some formula or other to assign national vehicle licences to individual counties and publishes the same periodically. The actual numbers might not be particularly accurate but assuming consistent application of the underlying assumptions trends should be reasonably accurate.

Offline watty

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 05:39:00 pm »

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 05:43:46 pm »
Thanks Watty. Looks like it's nearly back to 2008 levels so?

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2020, 06:55:11 pm »
Let the mauling start then...
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2020, 09:21:19 pm »
Thanks Watty. Looks like it's nearly back to 2008 levels so?
Just in time for another recession

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2020, 09:31:50 pm »
https://www.nationaltransport.ie/taxi/publications-and-regulations/statistics-and-legislation/vehicle-licences-county-and-category-31st-january-2019/

11,267 PSV vehicles in Dublin as of 31 Jan 2020.  Includes 25 hacks and 500+ limos.

I see they've revealed the methodology used to allocate national licences to counties, never noticed that before:

*a vehicle is licensed to operate anywhere in the country: it is only the licensed driver that has a geographical area restriction. The county here is based on the licence holder’s address.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2020, 09:36:55 pm »
They’ve said that for years ya numpty, so Hal is actually classed as a Louth driver as his address is there, but is in fact a Dublin driver, which is what his license says

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2020, 09:47:29 pm »
I don't recall seeing it on the page before and it's a question that was frequently asked on fora over the years. Most of the Loud/Mead men are licensed for Dublin as well so I guess you could add them all in... there's even Dublin licensed drivers commuting from Laois, Longford and probably further afield. Then there's all the country drivers with no Dublin licences that commute to work for Free Now.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2020, 10:24:17 pm »
I don't recall seeing it on the page before and it's a question that was frequently asked on fora over the years. Most of the Loud/Mead men are licensed for Dublin as well so I guess you could add them all in... there's even Dublin licensed drivers commuting from Laois, Longford and probably further afield. Then there's all the country drivers with no Dublin licences that commute to work for Free Now.
Add in "Any old shitebox masquerading as a limousine" 8)

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2020, 04:05:00 pm »
Obviously you weren’t paying attention. I’ve known this was how they got their figures for years.
If you live outside Dublin, your vehicle wasn’t classed as Dublin taxi.

Show Unread Posts