Author Topic: Credit Cards  (Read 5478 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Credit Cards
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2020, 01:37:06 pm »
Yissser are missing the point. Cloned cards are two a fiver on the streets of Coolock. The way things work now the client has to ask if you accept cards, obviously if he addresses you as "boss" you don't. Once they're compulsory he doesn't need to ask in advance and you can't refuse when it's tendered as you no longer have a statutory right to legal tender.

I can't find fees for chargebacks in that link, Vik. How much are BOI charging for:
a) undisputed chargebacks; and
b) disputed chargebacks?

dalymount

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2020, 04:27:05 pm »
Would we have a claim against the NTA for some scumbag who at the end of the journey sorry theres no money on the card,seen as how its at their insistence we have to take card in the first place

dalymount

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2020, 04:32:46 pm »
You can be caught in a few different ways as I found out to my cost one sunday morning about 3 years ago.I picked up this bird in fairview she wanted to go to pearce st.brought her there it was a bastard to get parking ,but she wanted me to wait so I did .eventually when she came back and headed back to fairview ,she just got out of the car said she left her purse in the shop last night,came out and just smiled at me and said oh sorry the girl who I left it with wont be on duty till tomorrow I felt like a right prick for being caught that way

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2020, 12:10:30 am »
Would we have a claim against the NTA for some scumbag who at the end of the journey sorry theres no money on the card,seen as how its at their insistence we have to take card in the first place

Would we fuck... although I think them denying us the right to legal tender is exercising a degree of control indicative of an employer-employee relationship.... maybe one of the many drivers' unions will drag them screaming and kicking through the courts and we'll all become uncivil servants?

Offline Belker

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2020, 05:03:27 am »
I had a few problems with Sum-up 'no tap' cards the last few nights.
On Sat night a Yank on a 16Euro fare had to go through the whole process 4 times before it was accepted.
And again last night a chungwan on an 8Euro fare got transaction declined the First 2 times before it went through on the Third attempt.

Offline Belker

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2020, 05:10:27 am »
.......I can't find fees for chargebacks in that link, Vik. How much are BOI charging for:
a) undisputed chargebacks; and
b) disputed chargebacks?
The bookie chargeback story I told you before was kinda disputed before they told me; "Fook off, it's a gambling debt", but I don't recall our financial dept ever telling me of any fees charged to us by the bank, maybe as I was like a bear with a sore head over it they thought best not to mention it to me.

Show Unread Posts