Author Topic: RIP to The five London Bus Workers  (Read 5546 times)

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
Re: RIP to The five London Bus Workers
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2020, 01:05:50 am »
One factor might be that the London bus drivers are still handling cash or we're until very recently.

I think Dublin bus stopped accepting cash weeks ago.Any of the buses I've seen have social distancing measures so that only one person can be seated every three rows.They're almost empty all the time.

Dublin bus drivers have never handled cash as far as I know ....they also have had screens  for at least 20 years if me memory serves me correctly..... 8 drivers is quite alot to die .....I'm sure then from them figures you can speculate the drivers who got it must have run into the dozens if not hundreds ......kinda puts freenows comical DIY screens for taxi drivers into perspective and also the nonsense about having to get direct hits of  spit and snot  directly into your eye or mouth to catch it as screens are used in London too as far as I know
This thing is airbourne .......
If a bus  has capacity for approx 80 passangers and this thing floats around( which I believe it does )..then within the confines of the vehicle a bus driver is breathing or is in contact with the same circulating  air of a much greater ammount of people than a taxi driver ....the smaller confines volume of space  of a taxi offset by the greater numbers of passengers could potentially lead to a bus driver being more susceptible to infection in theory ....
You would need to factor in also boris and his chief medical experts espousing the herd immunity stance they took before they realised that they wer looking at deaths in the hundreds of thousands if they kept that up ....
I dont think any of them bus drivers wer over 65 neither
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 01:10:29 am by Octavia1 »
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2020, 01:33:20 am »
 ....the salmon mousse moment ......
bus drivers sharing one steering wheel .....
most likely scenario....
they got it off each other

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2020, 01:38:14 am »

Offline dublin2018

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2020, 04:28:04 am »
One factor might be that the London bus drivers are still handling cash or we're until very recently.

I think Dublin bus stopped accepting cash weeks ago.Any of the buses I've seen have social distancing measures so that only one person can be seated every three rows.They're almost empty all the time.

Dublin bus drivers have never handled cash as far as I know ....they also have had screens  for at least 20 years if me memory serves me correctly..... 8 drivers is quite alot to die .....I'm sure then from them figures you can speculate the drivers who got it must have run into the dozens if not hundreds ......kinda puts freenows comical DIY screens for taxi drivers into perspective and also the nonsense about having to get direct hits of  spit and snot  directly into your eye or mouth to catch it as screens are used in London too as far as I know
This thing is airbourne .......
If a bus  has capacity for approx 80 passangers and this thing floats around( which I believe it does )..then within the confines of the vehicle a bus driver is breathing or is in contact with the same circulating  air of a much greater ammount of people than a taxi driver ....the smaller confines volume of space  of a taxi offset by the greater numbers of passengers could potentially lead to a bus driver being more susceptible to infection in theory ....
You would need to factor in also boris and his chief medical experts espousing the herd immunity stance they took before they realised that they wer looking at deaths in the hundreds of thousands if they kept that up ....
I dont think any of them bus drivers wer over 65 neither
Virus is Airbourne and suspends in air when people talking, in mist from breath.Best to avoid getting close to anyone.The virus has spikes that cling to the walls of the lungs and attacks the cells. The body responds in activating the immune system and this depends on how strong those immune soldiers are and ready to battle this contagion.Screens in a small space, not a chance against this evil nasty virus.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2020, 11:51:16 am »
most likely scenario....
How many drivers does it take to drive the bus ?
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2020, 12:00:07 pm »
Ticket inspectors, you've got to hand it to them.

Offline dublin2018

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2020, 12:40:48 pm »
Ticket inspectors, you've got to hand it to them.
8 Drivers now

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2020, 04:39:02 pm »
most likely scenario....
virus lives on plastic for days mr crow
...the buses are cleaned every nite wit a hoover and a car wash....ther wud be possibly 4- 5 drivers driving the one bus in a day ..plus the cleaners plus the shunters who park them when the driver drops them off plus maintenance personnel.....
I'm saying the same steering wheel could be touched by a multiple of people without ever bein cleaned up to now ....
That's how I'm suspecting 8 drivers and 2 controllers got the virus rather than people snottin on them ...
Why ther seems to be a high proportion of them gettin it compared to taxi drivers I spose

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2020, 06:14:57 pm »
I don't think they take cash on London buses. Is it not all (virtual) Oyster these days?

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2020, 06:32:21 pm »
I don't think they take cash on London buses. Is it not all (virtual) Oyster these days?
It's a fishes circle.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2020, 06:40:27 pm »
most likely scenario....
...the buses are cleaned every nite wit a hoover and a car wash....ther wud be possibly 4- 5 drivers driving the one bus in a day ..plus the cleaners plus the shunters who park them when the driver drops them off plus maintenance personnel.....
I'm saying the same steering wheel could be touched by a multiple of people without ever bein cleaned up to now ....
That's how I'm suspecting 8 drivers and 2 controllers got the virus rather than people snottin on them ...
Why ther seems to be a high proportion of them gettin it compared to taxi drivers I spose
Sorry Ochy, I was trying to be smart, fully understand your initial statement.

Keep well and safe to ALL.
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

Offline Octavia1

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2020, 11:43:56 am »
most likely scenario....
Sorry Ochy, I was trying to be smart, fully understand your initial statement.

Keep well and safe to ALL.

I laughter mr crow ..I was just working it all out as I typed as to why all the bus drivers got it .......me ocd had to work with me memory backwards ......me conclusion came to me in a eureka  salmon mousse moment sort of tingy....
The steering wheel full of gick and germs and virus

Show Unread Posts