Author Topic: our new green government  (Read 32578 times)

Offline silverbullet

Re: our new green government
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2020, 08:51:46 pm »
In fairness, she does have a point if what she says is true...

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/greens-deputy-leader-slams-coveneys-shocking-and-disturbing-comments-39173458.html
Ms Martin described it as a “quite shocking comment” from Mr Coveney as Fine Gael had signed up to this target in government under the Paris Climate Agreement and the EU’s Green Deal plan.

You know the old saying; "Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me."

At some point, political parties will have to make good on their promises?
I think Dubya said it best:https://youtu.be/8Ux3DKxxFoM 8)

john m

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2020, 02:37:57 pm »
Hearing the Greens are acting the Bollox they want to Support Leo for Taoiseach in any new government FF wont have that .

john m

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2020, 01:11:44 pm »
Covid payments might be for a few weeks more .My mate in Carlow says Mc Guinness has the numbers there will be no coalition with the Greens .Expect another general election unless there is a change of mind on a National Government .Bit of Covid cash might buy a few votes .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2020, 01:15:40 pm »
Leo has shown pretty strong leadership, I guess. I think DM was even singing his praises at one stage. That has to translate to votes. However, I'll be looking for candidates that advocate tax and spend should an election be called.

john m

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2020, 01:24:55 pm »
Mc Guinness recons Martin is a useless boillox he let Leo wipe the Floor with him FG get all the Praise for all the good stuff while FF run around chasing their tails .FF are having a rethink they are thinking FF/SF /indies .Belief in FF is if they go into government without SF they are obsolete after next election .FF wont sign off on any coalition deal .Martin wont stand in next election .So expect a summer election ?

Offline Horse

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2020, 02:47:21 pm »
https://www.greenparty.ie/greens-call-for-decriminalisation-of-cannabis/

Whats the chances of this happening now? Zero, zilch,  nada that's what. Usual shite,  say Mass to get in then when they do nothing happens.

Offline Horse

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2020, 02:50:23 pm »
They also say they want possession of up to 5 grams to be legal.  They also want folks to be allowed to grow 2 plants for personal use. How does this work? You'd want to be a pretty shitty grower to be getting a mere 2.5 grams off a plant. Gobshites.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2020, 03:10:07 pm »
Can't see it getting into any programme for Govt but it wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea... not sure about home grown, that'd be hard to tax... but then, so is home brew I guess.

Offline Horse

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2020, 03:16:32 pm »
They'd still get their tax on the seeds, the soil, the nutrients, the equipment and the power but as you say never gonna happen.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2020, 03:20:22 pm »
Seeds would be the obvious target but can you not grow from cuttings - excuse my ignorance if that's a silly question, I don't have green fingers.

john m

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2020, 03:30:58 pm »
Seeds would be the obvious target but can you not grow from cuttings - excuse my ignorance if that's a silly question, I don't have green fingers.

Did there not use to be a joke about miss Piggies fanny and the answer was Green Fingers ?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2020, 03:39:38 pm »
No or Yes depending on how, or if, one interprets the double negative.

Offline Horse

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2020, 03:44:54 pm »

There are two types of cannabis plants. Traditional photoperiods, which only flower after receiving continuous cycles of 12 hours of darkness.  These plants you can take cuttings from, once they are in the vegative and not flowering cycle. The other  more modern types are auto flowering plants which start flowering when they reach maturity, normally after 3 weeks, regardless of the light schedule.  They achieved these types of plants by crossing different strains with strains from siberia and other such places where during summer there is 24 hours of light. The only problem is you cannot take cuttings from auto flowering plants as there life cycle is finite from the day they come up above ground.

Offline C5

« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2020, 03:54:59 pm »
That green snot Ryan whats the whole country to get its energy from wind turbines and solar. I hoped he watched Michael Moore's new documentary, planet of the humans its free on youtube and it has pissed the greenies and the left off big time, Michael Moore was a lefty hates trump and has just stabbed them in the back. Plus the media here haven't mentioned or talked about his latest documentary like they did for bowling for columbine and the other big ones he has done, but this latest one not a sound out of them.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2020, 04:55:29 pm »
The acting minister herself Regina Doherty was on the wireless last week, (think it was Kenny) saying that it depended upon how many jobs the taxi driver was doing as to whether he could claim the money. She said that if he was only doing a few jobs a day where he normally did a lot more then he could get the payment and do those few jobs, whereas if his job number was as normal then he could not
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Show Unread Posts