Author Topic: Masks to be made compulsory on Public Transport  (Read 14284 times)

john m

Re: Masks to be made compulsory on Public Transport
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2020, 02:59:29 pm »
Taxies will not be included .We ARE NOT PUBLIC SERVICE VEHICLES .We are vehicles that are available for use by the Public .The Definition of Public service vehicles are those services deemed necessary for the functioning of the state and there is a liability on the State to Provide by means of Subsidy or intervention .If we were Public Service vehicles then we could claim a subsidy for providing our service .

Yes we will (be included) , and we are SPSV's, and that isn't a definition of Public service vehicles

Public service vehicle means any motor vehicle used or adapted to be used for the carriage of passengers for hire or reward

No it dosent

john m

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2020, 03:13:59 pm »
In Ireland Public service obligation .As in we are obliged to provide the service as taxi drivers we have no such obligation to provide any service unlike the 54a bus which must run full or empty ...In essence, Public Service  obligation was designed to help  fund the cost of services that the market, left to itself, would not provide..TAXIS ARE NOT PUBLIC SERVICE VEHICLES .NEVER WERE NEVER WILL BE .But dont let that stop the stupit pricks looking for them to be made PUBLIC SERVICE and then any town or village or area or street without a taxi can demand one and who knows the minister might even lift the Moritorium or even approve rideshare .

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2020, 03:17:04 pm »
Ye we are, the clue is in the name ....small public service vehicle

john m

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2020, 03:32:37 pm »

Your confusing two different things The vehicle is a TAXI the licence to operate it is a SPSV driving licence .Would you say a Limo or a herse is a Public Service Vehicle ?

Offline maxi

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2020, 04:04:09 pm »
So its been announced that masks are now compulsory on Public Transport.

So presumably we can refuse anyone that doesnt wear a mask into our motors.

Mind you in the article it mentions "public transport" (buses,trains,Luas) no mention of taxis. See told ya, we are only "public transport" when we owe them money.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/masks-to-be-made-compulsory-on-public-transport-1.4287678
Looking out on PLANDEMIC now, lack of sense and MEDICAL FACISM, as that was published by Lick Arse Times political deputy this is a last move of SHANE ROSS in his cabinet. Leo took a lot of money from "WHO" who actually took away your freedom and sovereignty. Someone else said to me today .."You have to ask WHY they didnt just get people to wear masks at the start and not put people out of work and in debt. Few masks for a couple of weeks and they would't have to shutdown and lock down the nation. 

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2020, 05:52:48 pm »
Back Mid March I picked up an app job and he was a young bloke with a mask on.Four months later the rest of the country is catching up.I remember thinking he was mad at the time.
I had a guy in me car last October wearing a mask.
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

dalymount

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2020, 06:14:25 pm »
President Trump calls it the kung flu

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2020, 06:55:33 pm »

Your confusing two different things The vehicle is a TAXI the licence to operate it is a SPSV driving licence .Would you say a Limo or a herse is a Public Service Vehicle ?

Yes they are, and its a small public service vehicle ........not driver
although I assume the corpse will be exempt

dalymount

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2020, 07:00:33 pm »
Lift the moratorium ? What fukin moratorium ?

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2020, 07:48:30 pm »
Yes they might be made to believe that they have to but it may eventually come down to people using their own brains and deciding for themselves wether or not to wear the  muzzle  and then Drivers deciding for themselves wether or not to take them .
 I really would hope so, but  from what I've seen lately I wont be  holding  my breath.

Unless people are wearing a mask they wont be getting into my car, end of.
+1

Offline mgb1979

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2020, 09:35:54 pm »
What's the betting  ???

Buses, Luas etc... it will be the No-Mask Passenger who will be fined (not the driver).

Taxis... the Driver will be responsible for ensuring that all Passengers wear masks.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2020, 09:38:16 pm »
Is there anything to be said for some stickers advising passengers that they cannot travel without a mask?

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2020, 09:41:37 pm »
Is there anything to be said for some stickers advising passengers that they cannot travel without a mask?

People seldom read anything when they are in the car. The best way to get the message across, will be to tell them, no mask, no taxi!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2020, 09:42:27 pm »
Maybe door and roof sign stickers?

dalymount

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2020, 09:46:21 pm »
Is there anything to be said for saying another mass ?

Show Unread Posts