Author Topic: sum up reader not working  (Read 11839 times)

Offline Theoneandonly

Re: sum up reader not working
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2020, 08:16:36 am »
My sum up card reader will not accept payments that are not Tapless (under 30/50) fer the last month or so.
As in if a fare is a Tenner and the customer has a non tapless card, they insert the card and the machine just sez 'insert card' and 'remove card' constantly which usually results in a waived fare or a trip to an ATM.
sorry I cannot make any sense out of that post
What does Non Tapless mean
and what's a non tapless card

Offline Golfer14

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2020, 10:17:03 am »
Non tapless means card has to be inserted to sum up, and customer is asked for a Pin. I find its mainly tourists with a credit cards.

Offline Bubba Ho-Tep

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2020, 10:22:57 am »
Doc do you have revolute .Its the go to app for younger people .
Read somewhere that Revolut might be a Wirecard client John.

Offline Billy boy

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2020, 10:43:10 am »

Try this on the sum up machine...

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2020, 12:54:05 pm »
Doc do you have revolute .Its the go to app for younger people .
Read somewhere that Revolut might be a Wirecard client John.

Nah. they used wirecard to issue cards up to Feb 2018 but since then issue their own

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2020, 03:55:36 pm »
I had two fares on the freenow last night that were marked as cash.
both people asked if they could pay with card instead.
knowing my sumup yoke was on the blink I checked if I could switch payment method to account and I could.
when I pulled up outside their gaffs I switched over from cash to account and it wanted the customer's authorization.
in both cases they were trying to slide from cash to account on their own app and it would'nt let them.
the little bar kept bouncing back to the cash position.
why the fuck does it do that?

Online Bob Shillin

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2020, 06:44:13 pm »
Had problems with the "Help/scrub request" twice in the last couple of nights. Got error messages. Worked ok today.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

john m

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2020, 07:18:55 pm »
The City watchdog has confirmed it does not yet know whether thousands of UK customers' money is safe after the spectacular collapse of German payments company Wirecard.

Customers of a host of UK fintech firms, including card providers Curve and Pockit, use Wirecard's technology to process payments.

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), ordered Wirecard's UK arm to stop making payments on Friday to prevent it potentially disposing of any funds after it emerged that €1.9bn was missing from the company's accounts.

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2020, 07:36:24 pm »
Any of us that use Sum Up will know that with our american cousins,they dont have a PIN No., this usually means you handing over your phone for them to "write their signature" with their finger nail on your phone screen for payment to go through.

With Covid19 crapology, I am very reluctant to hand over my phone for them to do this in future.

Any suggestions?

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2020, 07:55:54 pm »
Any of us that use Sum Up will know that with our american cousins,they dont have a PIN No., this usually means you handing over your phone for them to "write their signature" with their finger nail on your phone screen for payment to go through.

With Covid19 crapology, I am very reluctant to hand over my phone for them to do this in future.

Any suggestions?
Do it yourself, have you seen the attempts at a signature with a finger on a phone?
Do a nike swoop and press ok, they're as surprised by it as we are, doesn't happen when they're at home

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2020, 08:31:16 pm »

Any suggestions?
Do it yourself, have you seen the attempts at a signature with a finger on a phone?
Do a nike swoop and press ok, they're as surprised by it as we are, doesn't happen when they're at home

It did cross my mind to do that. Thanks

Offline Belker

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2020, 06:21:57 am »
My sum up card reader will not accept payments that are not Tapless (under 30/50) fer the last month or so.
As in if a fare is a Tenner and the customer has a non tapless card, they insert the card and the machine just sez 'insert card' and 'remove card' constantly which usually results in a waived fare or a trip to an ATM.
I thought it was self explanatory, a non tapless card is a card that does not do tap payments,
some folk prefer non tapless cards as they are afraid of being skimmed by fraudster's.

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2020, 06:35:13 am »
I thought it was self explanatory, a non tapless card is a card that does not do tap payments,
some folk prefer non tapless cards as they are afraid of being skimmed by fraudster's.
Would that not be a non tap card?

Offline Belker

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2020, 06:43:31 am »
Would that not be a non tap card?
Yes, if you want to split hairs !

john m

Show Unread Posts