Author Topic: sum up reader not working  (Read 11690 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: sum up reader not working
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2020, 12:23:47 am »
I resetted the Bluetooth on my phone-didnt work .
Resetted the sumups bluetooth-didnt work.
Restarted my phone.....bingo working like a charm.

I had the same problem when i changed my phone,it used to pair automatically on my previous phone,i discovered that on my new phone i had to restart my phone then when i turned on the SumUp app i had to go into "More" at the bottom of the app...then click on "Payment Methods"....and under "Card Reader"...tap "Air".....and obviously with Bluetooth switched on select "SumUp 500"

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2020, 01:08:16 am »
I had two fares on the freenow last night that were marked as cash.
both people asked if they could pay with card instead.
knowing my sumup yoke was on the blink I checked if I could switch payment method to account and I could.
when I pulled up outside their gaffs I switched over from cash to account and it wanted the customer's authorization.
in both cases they were trying to slide from cash to account on their own app and it would'nt let them.
the little bar kept bouncing back to the cash position.
why the fuck does it do that?

anybody please?

Online vandriver

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2020, 08:36:36 am »
Just guessing,but freenow pre-authorise the fare.If the cash needed isn't on the card,they switch the fare to cash only.
It would make sense to not allow the customer to switch back to account in those circumstances.
Have you tried the mobile payments on Sumup?

Online vandriver

« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2020, 08:45:31 am »
When you enter the amount in the SumUp app,hit charge as usual,the on the next screen choose mobile payments and send a link through SMS to the customers phone.
They get a link which takes them to a payment page where they manually enter their card details.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2020, 09:54:31 am »
Just to add to VDs post you can also send a payment link with Revolut if yis have it.The other person doesn't need to have a Revolut account.

Go to payments >request payment>Put the value in>create payment link>share payment link to their mobile via text.

Handy for emergencies.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2020, 10:40:38 am »
I had two fares on the freenow last night that were marked as cash.
both people asked if they could pay with card instead.
knowing my sumup yoke was on the blink I checked if I could switch payment method to account and I could.
when I pulled up outside their gaffs I switched over from cash to account and it wanted the customer's authorization.
in both cases they were trying to slide from cash to account on their own app and it would'nt let them.
the little bar kept bouncing back to the cash position.
why the fuck does it do that?

anybody please?

It's a loada bollocks.

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2020, 11:08:40 am »
Just to add to VDs post you can also send a payment link with Revolut if yis have it.The other person doesn't need to have a Revolut account.

Go to payments >request payment>Put the value in>create payment link>share payment link to their mobile via text.

Handy for emergencies.
#

Hang on,I dont understand that.

So if you have revolute and the passenger hasnt , they can still send money into your revolut account is that it ??

How can they do that if they dont have a revolut account??

'scuse the ignorance,when it comes to techie stuff, one is not on top of things. Would you mind explaining in more detail?

Thanks

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2020, 11:44:04 am »
@Justin,
Yep....the missus sends funds from her BOI a/c to our kids revolute a/c....MFH has explained it well....surprisingly!!

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2020, 12:11:43 pm »
@Justin,
Yep....the missus sends funds from her BOI a/c to our kids revolute a/c....MFH has explained it well....surprisingly!!

I get that , but i think both people have to have Revolut to do that ?

« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2020, 12:20:06 pm »
It's easy..the link contains an online form to input card details and pay x amount.Just a web page that opens up.Then it turns up in your Revolut account.

I've yet to use it but that's that's how it works.

Offline Justin Time

« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2020, 12:24:40 pm »
It's easy..the link contains an online form to input card details and pay x amount.Just a web page that opens up.Then it turns up in your Revolut account.

I've yet to use it but that's that's how it works.

Sorry Im lost again,, what link are u talking about??  You initially said "Go to payments >request payment>Put the value in>create payment link>share payment link to their mobile via text."

Are you saying that I have to go to a link ( i have revolut) on the Revolut app ? and open up the above ??

« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2020, 12:34:50 pm »
No after logging into your Revolut app go to the bottom of the screen where it has two arrows, it should be the third icon.press it then on the next page there are 4 blue boxes near the top.Pull them left to right to find the one that says "payment link".press it and it should make sense now.

You are sending the passenger a web page link that they have to open to input their details.Practice it with someone in yer gaff.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #57 on: July 01, 2020, 01:31:00 pm »
Yes you can do the same on cabapp. I've done it remotely for another driver a few times, who had no CC facility, sent the link to the client's phone, they input their card details, and pay me, and I gave him the cash later, minus the 2.75% and 25c transaction fe of course.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #58 on: July 01, 2020, 03:25:01 pm »
Yes you can do the same on cabapp. I've done it remotely for another driver a few times, who had no CC facility, sent the link to the client's phone, they input their card details, and pay me, and I gave him the cash later, minus the 2.75% and 25c transaction fe of course.

But becomes taxable to you?

Online silverbullet

« Reply #59 on: July 01, 2020, 03:56:54 pm »
All a loada bollocks. 8)

Show Unread Posts