Poll

Will all pubs reopen on the 10th

yes
3 (14.3%)
no
18 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: August 05, 2020, 08:10:24 am

Author Topic: Porter shops reopening on the 10th  (Read 12436 times)

john m

Re: Porter shops reopening on the 10th
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2020, 07:15:31 pm »
Schools wont be allowed if the numbers go up .Teachers Union wont wear it .I always thought they opened too soon as they were afraid the Cabbages would not go into government and looking at it they havent .Mick from Cork has gambled his Staff Car on getting Schools reopened Leo will stab the cunt in the back to keep the Hospitals empty .The Greens will run away ..

john m

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2020, 07:57:04 pm »
I posted a few weeks ago that Temple Bar pubs would not reopen Just off the Phone to my mate who told me ,he says the chances of pubs reopening on the 10th are about 40% he recons Publicans have been ADVISED if the number goes above 100 for any 1 day or stay above 50 for 3 days then the pubs wont open .The Vintners have been ADVISED chances are if they mouth off then the whole lot could be back in lockdown .

john m

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2020, 08:30:39 pm »
So why are Temple Bar pubs not opening ?seems that they have been ADVISED if they open as Restaurants they are limited to 50 persons including Staff on the premises so unless they can open as a Porter shop proper its not commercially viable .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2020, 09:58:14 pm »
They might be open if they supply a €9 meal.I got served chicken and chips in a bag with disposable cutlery the other night.It was lovely..

The pub rents still need paying and the government subsidies are still available for the staff wages.

Don't laugh but I've being staying within walking distance from my gaff because I don't wanna get in a taxi.There's no way that all the taxis are getting cleaned as often and as well as they should.

john m

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2020, 10:15:50 pm »
They might be open if they supply a €9 meal.I got served chicken and chips in a bag with disposable cutlery the other night.It was lovely..

The pub rents still need paying and the government subsidies are still available for the staff wages.

Don't laugh but I've being staying within walking distance from my gaff because I don't wanna get in a taxi.There's no way that all the taxis are getting cleaned as often and as well as they should.

would you not book Roy ?

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2020, 10:22:33 pm »
:-)

john m

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2020, 10:33:11 pm »
Seriously he thinks we are all useless work avoiding scum but Im certain he runs a good service .Screens ,Mask and cleaning If I was looking for a taxi I would give him first refusal .

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2020, 12:39:35 am »
I took a Taxi home tonight from Peploes. Toyota Proace, it was spotless, even had a gel dispenser stuck to the well fitted screen, however the 2 girls in the rear seats (it's a seven seater) got a little claustrophobic (wearing the masks) but the rear windows don't open for ventilation and although the front windows were open a little the screen made them obsolete.
I'm surprised window openings aren't a provision in vehicle regulations

PS I think the vote results are more wishful thinking rather than reality
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 12:44:18 am by Theoneandonly »

Offline Jonno

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2020, 01:07:55 am »
I took a Taxi home tonight from Peploes. Toyota Proace, it was spotless, even had a gel dispenser stuck to the well fitted screen, however the 2 girls in the rear seats (it's a seven seater) got a little claustrophobic (wearing the masks) but the rear windows don't open for ventilation and although the front windows were open a little the screen made them obsolete.
I'm surprised window openings aren't a provision in vehicle regulations

PS I think the vote results are more wishful thinking rather than reality
What about cabin temperature? There's an advisory that a certain internal temperature must be maintainable (think it's around 22°) in colder conditions, without being hindered by a screen. Presumably there are vents at the rear of the center console..

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

john m

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2020, 06:16:05 am »
ONEAND  it might not be wishfull thinking .....The Cabinet is expected to ease Covid-19 restrictions on outdoor gatherings to allow up to 500 people at events.

However, there is bad news for nightclubs owners, with senior government figures insisting they will not be given the clearance to reopen when ministers meet on Tuesday to discuss easing of restrictions.

Pubs may be permitted to open under strict new guidelines but the rising number of new cases in recent days has raised fresh doubts over whether the Government will give them the green light.

"Nightclubs will be a while off," a Cabinet minister said, before adding: "Pubs are looking shaky after the last two days." Another senior minister said the reopening of pubs is "up in the air" but suggested a solution may be found to allow rural pubs to reopen.

"We could restrict the numbers of people allowed in, so the rural pubs could have their regulars. They might not be able to do a €9 meal but they will be able to socially distance in a way the big super-pubs and disco bars wouldn't," the minister added.

The Government postponed fully moving into the final stage of the plan over fears about an increase in the spread of the coronavirus.

A large rise in cases last week caused concern among ministers ahead of a crucial Cabinet meeting on Tuesday.

The Government's key focus for August is the reopening of primary and secondary schools and the Taoiseach has indicated pubs and nightclubs may lose out to ensure children can return to education.

Yesterday, a senior government source said the "priority" is still to open schools and the Cabinet will take into consideration the figures for new Covid cases over the weekend and tomorrow before they make a final decision on easing restrictions.

The source said the Government would draft new rules in consultation with vintners if they were to give pubs permission to reopen without serving food. The source said any rules introduced would be closely monitored to ensure publicans were adhering to the guidelines. However, they emphasised no decision had been taken on whether they could reopen or not.

Yesterday, publicans warned there will be permanent closures if pubs are not allowed to open on August 10.

The Government is also monitoring the situation in other EU countries, where second waves of the virus have already emerged.

ndependent.ie/irish-news/news/easing-of-rules-will-allow-500-go-to-matches-but-pubs-must-wait-39416427.html

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2020, 06:59:38 am »
There's a real chance they might just allow the muck savages open up outside of the big cities.How are ya supposed to ride yer cousins if you can't get them drunk?

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2020, 08:09:15 am »
any lads with school runs have you got a contract yet .

It was extended for 12 months.

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2020, 08:44:21 am »
ONEAND  it might not be wishfull thinking .....The Cabinet is expected to ease Covid-19 restrictions on outdoor gatherings to allow up to 500 people at events.

However, there is bad news for nightclubs owners, with senior government figures insisting they will not be given the clearance to reopen when ministers meet on Tuesday to discuss easing of restrictions.

Pubs may be permitted to open under strict new guidelines but the rising number of new cases in recent days has raised fresh doubts over whether the Government will give them the green light.

"Nightclubs will be a while off," a Cabinet minister said, before adding: "Pubs are looking shaky after the last two days." Another senior minister said the reopening of pubs is "up in the air" but suggested a solution may be found to allow rural pubs to reopen.

"We could restrict the numbers of people allowed in, so the rural pubs could have their regulars. They might not be able to do a €9 meal but they will be able to socially distance in a way the big super-pubs and disco bars wouldn't," the minister added.

The Government postponed fully moving into the final stage of the plan over fears about an increase in the spread of the coronavirus.

A large rise in cases last week caused concern among ministers ahead of a crucial Cabinet meeting on Tuesday.

The Government's key focus for August is the reopening of primary and secondary schools and the Taoiseach has indicated pubs and nightclubs may lose out to ensure children can return to education.

Yesterday, a senior government source said the "priority" is still to open schools and the Cabinet will take into consideration the figures for new Covid cases over the weekend and tomorrow before they make a final decision on easing restrictions.

The source said the Government would draft new rules in consultation with vintners if they were to give pubs permission to reopen without serving food. The source said any rules introduced would be closely monitored to ensure publicans were adhering to the guidelines. However, they emphasised no decision had been taken on whether they could reopen or not.

Yesterday, publicans warned there will be permanent closures if pubs are not allowed to open on August 10.

The Government is also monitoring the situation in other EU countries, where second waves of the virus have already emerged.

ndependent.ie/irish-news/news/easing-of-rules-will-allow-500-go-to-matches-but-pubs-must-wait-39416427.html

https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2020/0731/1156784-china-covid-update/

If they cant contain it in china then how will that dopey headed
Meehole do antin here ?

The whole world has to be vaccinated ......its the only solution
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

john m

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2020, 10:41:13 am »
Until there is a vaxine we are fucked .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2020, 11:33:20 am »
and disco bars wouldn't," the minister added.

I think this minister has been locked in the cabinet for too long!!

Show Unread Posts