Halloween
5 (35.7%)
November
3 (21.4%)
December
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: October 11, 2020, 08:26:27 am

Author Topic: Locdaow 2 return of the beast  (Read 4461 times)

Offline Jonno

Re: Locdaow 2 return of the beast
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2020, 07:11:10 am »
Ah Jonno....have you departed the fambily home...is the grass greener....and neatly mown?
Fuckin A!

Sent from my T770H using Tapatalk

john m

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2020, 09:38:58 am »
Looking at Figures for Fever all over Europe .Budget Tuesday vote on Finance bill before Friday then back to Full Lockdown by next Weekend .Dont think there is any other option .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2020, 09:43:43 am »
Ask yourself what's changed since Paddy's week? Nothing much.Go back into hibernation.

john m

« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2020, 10:16:36 am »
Merc Im sort of thinking the whole of Europe at some time or other has been in Lockdown .It hasent worked so like Einstein says the definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result .When you consider the Death rate and the different ways of counting is this Virus really as potent as they say .Ireland is facing a deluge of dangers  .Virus Lockdown,Brexit and a change to Corporate Tax .A Second lockdown will weaken our economy and we wont be able to survive either of the next blows .Back in the 50s we had TB killed more than this China Cough so we opened fever Hospitals like Cherry Orchard and Peamount .If overwhelming hospital emergency beds is really what this is all about then why not just take over a few nursing homes or Private Hospitals and turn them into Covid only premises then let the rest of us get on with life .I know Two publicans that wont be reopening our kids mate ran a hairdressers went under due to back rent .If there is a second lockdown then I think a lot of Jobs will be gone forever but whats the Alternative are our Government or any other Government going to take the Chance to Ignore what every other Country is doing .

« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2020, 10:31:23 am »
Central bank official on the radio earlier says it's mostly hospitality that's affected.Other parts of the economy are relatively strong.Savings are strong too apparently.

They can afford to pay us to be off so long as they keep borrowing.If a few taxis and small businesses get taken out then that's the price they're willing to pay.They're just gonna kick the can down the road until the vaccine is widely available.Then they'll tax us for the next fifty years to pay for it.Enjoy the break, put the central heating on as a treat..

If they go to level 5 I'm expecting to get another year on me heap as the NCT centers will be closed like a few months ago.Every cloud...

john m

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2020, 10:35:31 am »
What good would an extra year on your heap be if your parked up no work ?Dont think you will get an extra year Taxi Act was passed by the Dail they wont be bothered amending it to keep Dirty Diesels on the Road not with the Cabbages in Charge of Transport .

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2020, 10:55:32 am »
Another year means I don't have to replace it.It reaches end of life March 2021....10/15k I don't have to spend in the next year.

They extended the age on some vehicles last year so this should be no different.If it happens I'll be happy if it doesn't I'll deal with it.Either way I won't be spending if things are still in the toilet this time next year.Just trying to manage the risk really.

I'll offer Ken 3K for his new Avensis and see if he bites.

john m

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2020, 09:31:53 am »
Looks like Leo the Mouth Got it wrong The Dr H was right the Pox is back and we need to Lockdown again .Is it now a week or two too late ?

Offline Jonno

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2020, 09:47:44 am »
Looks like Leo the Mouth Got it wrong The Dr H was right the Pox is back and we need to Lockdown again .Is it now a week or two too late ?
Leo's a bollox so he is

Sent from my T770H using Tapatalk

john m

« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2020, 09:56:46 am »
Im not a Shinner never have been but I think Mary Lou should get a chance of steering this sinking ship ,at least the Shinners all sing from the one song book .Leo Couldnt resist mouthing off .If we go back into Lockdown (Friday after the finance bill is passed unless the vote on it on Wednesday )He will own the attack on Dr Houlihan that refused to listen last week when the advice was go to level 5 to stop the spread and try save Christmas SF and the left will beat him to death with that FACT .You can sense the desperation out there but this time you can also the defiance .The mixed messages have fucked up the Idea we are all in this togeather .

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2020, 10:16:28 am »
Sf all sing from the one hymn sheet because it's not a party it's a cult lead by not the leader but men in the background
Vote sf and wreck the country for one agenda a United Ireland 
The rest of their political ideas are crap and planned like a bastard child

john m

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2020, 10:24:29 am »
Sf all sing from the one hymn sheet because it's not a party it's a cult lead by not the leader but men in the background
Vote sf and wreck the country for one agenda a United Ireland 
The rest of their political ideas are crap and planned like a bastard child

Dont dissagree with you 42 but the Government we have now is pathetic Not one outstanding individual among them Leo had us fooled for a while but he showed last week its all about his ego .No unity in this Government and no Unity in the Country A second lockdown and close to Christmas there will be trouble and Street Violence ,we saw the beginning of it yesterday .People are afraid and fed up of the mixed messages and Idiot inbread politicians shouting to close Off licences and Churches the Two great pillars of Irish Society .You can smell the Silence and if Donny T Loses the US could descend into serious Civil unrest that will trigger World Wide Unrest .If this Virus was the Chinamans weapon its mightier than the Atom .

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2020, 10:33:14 am »
There be no street violence here a few scuffles maybe but no mass unrest we are Irish it's not done and was ever expecting unity between fg and ff ? Cat and dog mentality
Sf aren't the answer they only have one real agenda that would cost us billions and start a civil war up north

Theres no answer to or current problems except wait for vaccines and ride it out financially

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2020, 10:52:34 am »
As TD says until a vaccine is found this is our future....it's the numbers in hospital and ICU beds that will ultimately decide whether a lockdown is required but currently there's no mass adherence to guidlines even at Level 3.

dalymount

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2020, 10:53:22 am »
There is no government in this country.this country was always run jointly by two other bodies the G A A and maynooth collage

Show Unread Posts