Author Topic: Great News -- from "Nothing "Free Now  (Read 5488 times)

Offline Punter

Great News -- from "Nothing "Free Now
« on: November 18, 2020, 04:20:41 pm »

CHECK YOUR MAIL FOR TODAYS GREAT NEWS --

To enable us to continue to invest in the market, we are making some changes:

The commission rate for Pay with FREE NOW bookings will be changing to 15% - effective from 1st December 2020. For most drivers, these trips account for just 1 in every 250 trips.

Since 2017, FREE NOW has covered the cost of SumUp card processing, and we further committed to do this for 2020. From 01/01/21, drivers will need to pay for SumUp transactions - but the great news is that we have negotiated a preferential rate of 1.95% compared to the normal rate of 2.75%. Further details to follow in December.

We launched our new fuel deal with Applegreen in September. We are now delighted to announce that this offer has been extended until 31/01/2021, meaning drivers can save up to €40 a month on fuel - click here.

john m

Re: Great News -- from "Nothing "Free Now
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 04:22:29 pm »
posted already

Offline Punter

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 04:42:30 pm »
Didn't see it anywhere or I wouldn't have wasted my time ----anyway we are being screwed again --never ending crap they come out with-- 

dalymount

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 05:47:35 pm »
And STILL you join them in your droves instead of going out and getting your own work. Theres no use giving out about them unless you are going to do something about them

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 07:26:56 pm »
If someone says can I pay with freenow

JUST SAY NO
I'm not with them I didn't get job of app
Cash or card or atm or garda station

Fuck frenow

john m

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 07:57:13 pm »
Dear Mr Free
             I was out last Friday with a lady who had just been released from the Ladiess Nick on the North Circular .I didnt think she would drink 17 Gin and Tonics but she did and I spent all the Cash I was carrying .Luckily I have a Free Now Account linked to my personal cash rich bank account so on leaving the Porter Shop I saw one of your branded Vans parked half way up on the path outside and went over to the Driver and entered the taxi we exchanged pleasantries and I told him I needed to go to the flats and If I could pay with Free Now .He told me to fuck off why would he Pay 15% commission on this job which was a street hail .Can you please explain what he meant as I thought he was working for your company and driving your taxi as your name is all over it .

Regards .

Big Dommo

Offline Belker

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 08:42:36 pm »
FN are 'turning the screw' again right in the middle of a pandemic, how nice of them to the workforce they keep telling us are great !

I have posted honestly about my work since last mid April, but these last 6 weeks since lockdown 3 and 5 have been devastating. I'm easily down 50% of my weekly takings and then FN insult me with this !

The apple green offer sounds good but you have to call to their office WHICH IS CLOSED to collect the voucher/tag, and they point blank refuse to pay fer a stamp to post one out to you.

john m

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2020, 08:54:53 pm »
Ken you and others didnt do Free Now any favours during Lockdown .You wanted or needed the work .Now after the Reps asking for drivers to be allowed to work to cover non existing work there are more taxies competing for less work .I can see why they introduced the 15% on Use Your Free Now account jobs as Im sure Drivers were Gaming the System Just enter a fare through a Free Now account in your own name or mates name or friends name as that would count as a Job twords gaining Priority .It was costing Free Now coin to process those jobs as they were not taking any commission .The Sum Up increase looks like a bit of profiteering but they were not offering free terminals unless there was an option for them to get  their investment back sooner or later .Remember Free Now are in Business to make money not hold drivers hands never lose sight of that .
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 08:57:40 pm by john m »

john m

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2020, 09:02:52 pm »
Im assuming Free Now gave you the terminal for free or is there an Issue here .When you got the terminal through a Link from Free Now did you give them permission to interfere with your earnings .How can Free Now dictate the commission charged by Sum Up ?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2020, 09:06:47 pm »
And yet not one of youse fuks that continued to work during those heady days of the pandemic have thanked those who stayed at home like good citizens....youse ungrateful cunts!!

Offline Belker

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2020, 09:13:08 pm »
Im assuming Free Now gave you the terminal for free or is there an Issue here .When you got the terminal through a Link from Free Now did you give them permission to interfere with your earnings .How can Free Now dictate the commission charged by Sum Up ?
I dunno !
But Yea I did get the terminal fer free.

john m

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2020, 09:22:27 pm »
So if you arm wrestle Benjie Hogan for a ton or you bump into the Purple Princess and she says Ah for Fuck sake Ken I was looking for ya to pay ya but I just gave a Score and more to a lad down the road down on his luck sort of paying it forward .Any way Ken I heard you beat Benji in an arm wrestle well done and she says do you have Sum Up Kenny Ill pay you back by card .Now can Free Now take 2and a bit % commission out of than and then pay Sum Up whatever fee they have agreed and pocket the difference even though that transfer of coin is not taxi related ?

Offline Belker

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2020, 09:35:26 pm »
I'm just reading the T&C's of the Apple green offer;

"In order to maintain the above discount rates for the following months (Nov - Jan), drivers must complete 150 jobs per month."

And also;

"The maximum amount of fuel allowed per week purchased using the Applegreen key tag is 80 litres, if a driver goes over 80 litres in a week their Applegreen tag will be deactivated."

That's a pretty fine line to be jumping through, you would want a notebook and pen to keep track of your job score and fuel used.
Either way the offer is only valid fer another 10 weeks so hardly worth the bother.

"The Offer is valid until the 31st January 2021."

They (FN) offer us 'Smoke in a Bottle' during the worst pandemic our generation has ever seen whilst 'turning the screw' at the same time.

john m

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2020, 09:50:29 pm »
Ah A Bottle of Smoke now where did I hear that expression before when it came to Hailo.

Offline Punter

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2020, 09:52:49 pm »
There is no way any company turning the dough these are would agree to near 2%---just makes it easier for them to get to 20% on next increase in the Spring/Summer , more bullshit as ever, when will the industry stand up to this--have to hand it to our French collogues when they protest they PROTEST while our Irish collogues just put on extra decals advertising the Krauts--madness !

Show Unread Posts