Author Topic: Great News -- from "Nothing "Free Now  (Read 5487 times)

Online Bob Shillin

Re: Great News -- from "Nothing "Free Now
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2020, 02:40:42 pm »
Yes and the reason I dont get any is because everyone wanting a taxi is signed up to a fukkin dispatcher lacky.how the fukk could any independent driver operate in those circumstances
Jaysus wept, now you are arguing against yourself.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2020, 02:45:40 pm »
He’s due a big rant on dispatchers and FN

dalymount

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2020, 02:46:47 pm »
Im not arguing at all my good man,im merely stating a fact.the fact is,because everyone is signed up to the leeches,both drivers,and customers ,there is little or no chance for independent drivers like me to survive,but the difference between me and you is,I believe self employed means I work for myself,and NOT for a dispatcher

dalymount

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2020, 02:48:47 pm »
whats wrong with ya Jack,cant stand to hear the truth,or ya just dont like the fact that you haven't the balls to go out and get your own work

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2020, 04:20:33 pm »
whats wrong with ya Jack,cant stand to hear the truth,or ya just dont like the fact that you haven't the balls to go out and get your own work

Hence the reason I’m busy and you doing Fook all

john m

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2020, 05:10:10 pm »
Dollyer .You keep missing the point .THE PEOPLE WHO PAY YOUR WAGES we usually call them the passenger like the apps now if your business model is to ignore that market thats up to you but most drivers will use a combination of both app work and rank .As I said to you before Your King Canute stance will not work there simply is not enough street work out there .Just like you will struggle for Coin relying on 100% street work lads that depended 100% on Free Now will struggle .Robert and John have tried to tell you its about mixing and matching to get what you need out of the industry simple as .I remember the first pub me Big Dommo ,Nodger,Billy the Bastard Tommy Two Scars, him we dont mention and Betty Nugent from the flats went into for our first pints we must of been nearly 15 and we asked did they do food ?Straight away yer man threw Manhattan Peanuts or Pub Crisps on the bar and said what do you want ?We still meet up there once a year and enjoy a carvery and Dommo dosent have the Black Forest Gateaux because of his diabeties .Now old Paddy that owned the pub would not sell food he said it was a porter shop not a chipper but Paddy retired and little  Paddy as we still call him he is bigger than me and taller took over and put in the carvery because his garglers wanted it now the other porter shop that only sells porter on the street is closed because they couldnt get enough customers .Now there is a Trading Statement and a business plan in there if you decide to understand it .Anyway the Gents Jacks still smells of Cheesy Piss so some things never change .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2020, 05:19:24 pm »
There seems to be huge demand for work from drivers. We're probably lucky Mr. Fox couldn't organise a rave in a south city centre council flats complex. Any businessman worth his salt would have doubled commission by now... at least once.

Offline Belker

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2020, 10:05:18 pm »
In the good ol days of the Bobo texting each other who covered the 20 jobs first.
Happy days.
Ker ching
Jaysus ! The distant memory of it !
20 jobs between 5pm and 5am fer a Ton Bobo,
and most of us had it made by midnight !

"Those were the days my friend
We thought they'd never end
We'd sing and dance forever and a day
We'd live the life we choose
We'd fight and never lose
Those were the days, oh yes those were the days ..."

john m

« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2020, 10:22:20 pm »
Kenneth You ,Me ,Rodent and Korki swilling pints in Ziggys after I was finished serenading Mary at the bar I told ye .Hailo had a plan to take over split and divide and yourself and Korky thought I was talking through me Guinness .They owned you for a while covering Prime time jobs when there was full fare jobs available more than half of the jobs you covered were prime time in Dublin you had to beat them off between 1am and 5am friday and Saturday but lads chasing gold covered twenty jobs paying commission I covered the same amount full fare .If you deducted the Prime time jobs you covered from your total I bet I got the same or nearly the same amount of off peak jobs as you did .Its a Logoritm a computer code designed to get the job covered for 15% they dont give either of their fucks who does it the Accountant only sees the 15% not your profile picture .

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2020, 03:30:07 pm »
Kenneth You ,Me ,Rodent and Korki swilling pints in Ziggys after I was finished serenading Mary at the bar I told ye .Hailo had a plan to take over split and divide and yourself and Korky thought I was talking through me Guinness .They owned you for a while covering Prime time jobs when there was full fare jobs available more than half of the jobs you covered were prime time in Dublin you had to beat them off between 1am and 5am friday and Saturday but lads chasing gold covered twenty jobs paying commission I covered the same amount full fare .If you deducted the Prime time jobs you covered from your total I bet I got the same or nearly the same amount of off peak jobs as you did .Its a Logoritm a computer code designed to get the job covered for 15% they dont give either of their fucks who does it the Accountant only sees the 15% not your profile picture .
Algorithm and Blues! 8)

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2020, 07:22:51 pm »
Accountant only sees the 15% not your profile picture .

I'd deffo say they have your profile piccy up in Mount St HQ.....throwin fukin darts at it at lunchtime!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2020, 09:11:39 pm »
Them was the days, Ken...

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2020, 09:53:53 pm »
Life is a circle.....sometimes...a very big circle....
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

dalymount

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2020, 10:22:05 pm »
Kenny was the poster boy for FN once upon a time

Offline Belker

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2020, 01:56:17 am »
Them was the days, Ken...
Indeed they were... Out the door fer 5pm on the dot with the Bobo drums beating in your head, get your 20 jobs done by midnight and add the Bobo to 'Ring the Bell', and then work the streets fer 'Johnny Cash' till they ran dry and go home with a 'Hairy fella' in de back phoca.
In today's Covid climate you would be lucky to do that in a week !

Show Unread Posts