Author Topic: Frustrating Day  (Read 2460 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: Frustrating Day
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2023, 04:52:04 pm »
Cawka millish.

Offline silverbullet

Offline Bob Shillin

"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2023, 04:05:54 pm »
On will cad agum dull go dee an leterus?
Ta tu mahogany gaspipe.

http://tasteofireland.com/reviews/291-Ta-Se-Mahogani-Gaspipes
PT not atin or drinkin anymore.

I remember a Maitre'D asking Paulo Tullio did he want to take his complaint "Outside" when he complained about something:

David Gantly (davegantly@mastadon.ie)
@davegantly
·
Dec 19, 2020
Replying to
@tomdoorley
I recall the largest hamper I’d ever seen arrive at the back door of the Indo, late 90s I’m guessing, addressed to  Paulo, from the management of Picasso’s in Clontarf, to try snd make amends for asking if he wanted to take his complaints ‘outside’, during a disastrous meal. rofl

Offline John m

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2023, 12:46:30 pm »
England V Ireland start delayed due to Ecomental Protesters holding up the English players Bus .Will Ecomentalists try to stop tomorrows Derby .Real Progress in Protesting the Suffragettes were jumping in front of horses at Epsom a 100 years ago .Now its Girls with hand knitted jumpers and matching Sandals and Blokes with Knitted Sweaters and matching Beards .Make you want to burn tyres and Coal just to fuck up the Planet so these nutters dont get the chance too.
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2023, 05:52:58 pm »
To be fair, I can't see them running out of time, erm. Do you get a refund if you bought tickets for day 4 or day 5... Given that "we" are 3 down in the second innings trailling by 289 with c.14 overs left right now (day 2) I can't see much value in day 3 either... mightn't even get as far as my cucumber sandwiches never mind the fresh strawberries and cream!

Great call by THE ICC making it a one test "series", saves "us" embarrassing ourselves any further.

What did you make of Cricket Ireland opting to play the "Home" one day series against Bangledesh in Essex... was it just to save forking out for a temporary Grandstand in Malahide or Stormont or did they just conclude there's more Bangledeshi fans to fleece on the mainland?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 05:58:15 pm by Rat Catcher »

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2023, 10:50:31 am »
A very embarrassing no show …from Ireland…It looked like the standard had improved but some of our imports would nor get a game in the Phoenix Park. Think it will be a longtime before Irish Cricket team get another series fixture with the big lads? >:(
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline John m

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2023, 12:17:40 pm »
A very embarrassing no show …from Ireland…It looked like the standard had improved but some of our imports would nor get a game in the Phoenix Park. Think it will be a longtime before Irish Cricket team get another series fixture with the big lads? >:(

I think we have Pak or India in Clontarf this year .Some very good young players properly coached by their Fathers .We will win a Cricket world cup long before we win a Rugby or Soccer one .Under Age I recon we would hold our own with the rest of the World except England we would beat them .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2023, 01:25:22 pm »
Day 3 was a bit better but a long way to go before "we" can compete with other Test nations. Maybe they should consider a second division Test table and bring in a few more minnows for us to play. In any event, not being a traditionalist, I much prefer the shorter formats.

India in Malahide was confirmed for August, erm. ( https://www.cricketireland.ie/news/article/ireland-men-a-big-2023 )

India T20I home series
  • Three T20Is between 18-23 August: Ireland Men v India Men (Malahide) – match dates TBC

Offline John m

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2023, 01:43:35 pm »
We might do the India At Malahide in August .No prob getting a taxi home .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2023, 02:11:53 pm »
Could do. The brother got a DART from Dublin out to Malahide last time the Indians were in town... said it was like a scene from a Bollywood movie, they were climbing on the roof anall so they were!

Offline John m

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2023, 02:16:28 pm »
Could do. The brother got a DART from Dublin out to Malahide last time the Indians were in town... said it was like a scene from a Bollywood movie, they were climbing on the roof anall so they were!

That sounds a bit stereotypical next you will be saying you once had to bring a Horse in the Boot to Finglas !

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2023, 10:42:28 pm »

That sounds a bit stereotypical next you will be saying you once had to bring a Horse in the Boot to Finglas !
Horse is from Tallaght...you're welcome. 8)

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2023, 12:19:10 pm »

Horse is from Tallaght...you're welcome. 8)

WATCH OUT…..uwill b doin jokes next? lol
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Show Unread Posts