Author Topic: SGS  (Read 3407 times)

Offline John m

SGS
« on: March 12, 2023, 03:10:01 pm »
Lad just rang me Crying .He got a New Motor traded the old one as part of the deal .He cannot get an SGS appointment .Called in to them was told that they only answer the phones between 9 and 9.20 in the morning .So he has no licenced Vehicle to work .Now what happens if you buy a Battery operated Taxi later in the year and your Grant offer is exhausted before you draw it down because you cannot get passed out in time ?
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

Re: SGS
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 03:24:42 pm »
he'll be alright for fuck sake.

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2023, 03:49:02 pm »
Go to a different testing centre.

Offline John m

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2023, 03:57:59 pm »

They wont answer the phone to give an appointment .Im sure he would travel if he could get an appointment .
"War: a massacre of people who don't know each other for the profit of people who know each other but don't massacre each other."

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2023, 04:03:01 pm »

They wont answer the phone to give an appointment .Im sure he would travel if he could get an appointment .
I hung on from 16.10 to 16.55 to get through to someone on Friday, went through all the questions but in the end wouldn't give me an LRA appointment as I had only passed the NCT that morning, supposed to wait two working days before calling, but she said try on Monday. Her reason for the long waiting time is that they are too busy dealing with EV grant applications.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2023, 05:25:19 pm »
Try Aplus+. SGS lost the contract a few years back.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2023, 07:10:12 pm »
laffin.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2023, 07:50:41 pm »
Lad just rang me Crying .He got a New Motor traded the old one as part of the deal .He cannot get an SGS appointment .Called in to them was told that they only answer the phones between 9 and 9.20 in the morning .So he has no licenced Vehicle to work .Now what happens if you buy a Battery operated Taxi later in the year and your Grant offer is exhausted before you draw it down because you cannot get passed out in time ?

I phoned them during week ...no problems except
My nct was out of date by a month ....ide forgotten all bout it ....sgs said no problem get nct an weel book ya in ...phoned nct got appointment for yesterday.....4 days after applying
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2023, 10:34:58 am »
45 mins to get a reply at 10.15 this Monday am. Earliest booking fo Dublin next Monday, Galway next Thursday, took Kilkenny for 11.25am tomorrow Tuesday, either that or miss this big weekend after almost 6 weeks no work.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2023, 10:45:24 am »
Bob if you promise not to crash it you can borrow my heap...she's no beauty but she does the job.

Hope you get sorted soon.Did you say you were renewing or doing the initial suitability inspection for a new motor?I need to book mine later on.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2023, 03:11:37 pm »
Bob if you promise not to crash it you can borrow my heap...she's no beauty but she does the job.

Hope you get sorted soon.Did you say you were renewing or doing the initial suitability inspection for a new motor?I need to book mine later on.
Change of vehicle.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2023, 03:16:51 pm »
I just got off the phone to them Bob after waiting exactly 45 minutes and they have multiple times and dates in Northwood for renewals from 21 March.I reckon they give out the dates according to your renewal window expiry.

Maybe initial suitability test is more work so they have less dates available.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 03:27:59 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2023, 06:17:45 pm »
0818064000  this was the number I phoned 12.30 on a Tuesday  and I got through after a minute or 2 ...perhaps I got lucky
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2023, 06:28:17 pm »
Did you get through to SGS, Applus+ or NTA, Octy?

Offline Tony

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2023, 07:21:47 pm »
Did you get through to SGS, Applus+ or NTA, Octy?

All of the above known octy
Mr. T-bag to you

Show Unread Posts