Author Topic: Whistle  (Read 91100 times)

john m

Re: Whistle
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2018, 11:55:59 am »
Still a problem when you are offered a job and decline the trace to the pick up appears on your app .This allows for snatching by other drivers who have not accepted the job as it identifies the pick up point .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2018, 11:59:11 am »
Has anyone on here covered a job on Whistle?

john m

« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2018, 12:01:45 pm »

No

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2018, 12:10:25 pm »
It only works on WIFI for me. I was going to use it to hail a cab up above in Dublin a while back but as I didn't have the WIFI key for the public house I was in I had to use mytaxi.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2018, 12:35:51 pm »

No...but no surprise really as i don't have the app!!

john m

« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2018, 12:41:59 pm »
The problem with is was they launched it at the busiest time of year and there were no CC facilities you had to ring the customer to confirm they still wanted you .We are a simple lot we like matches you just strike them off the box they work simple we like lighters you press the trigger they work we dont use flint or rub two sticks together to light a smoke .If you are going to compete the app has to at least be as good as what is there already .The UBER app is probably the best why they didnt just copy that instead of complicating things .The idea was good the application let it down .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2018, 12:47:52 pm »
The launch was badly managed, without a doubt. Any web developer could have finished the app within a few days... but look at what has achieved despite piss poor management and piss poor tech - certainly grounds for optimism.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2018, 12:49:10 pm »
I'm surprised that Boyler ismt on here sharing his videographer skills. You should mention this place to him Rats.

Not sure if it was mentioned on here already but looks like the €50 to buy shares is to increase, they'll be charging 50 cent a job plus 2% for credit card work.

It makes flag look so much more attractive with it's 10% on first €50, then decreasing commission down to 6%. They'll not be taking any money from tips either

john m

« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2018, 12:51:54 pm »
The launch was badly managed, without a doubt. Any web developer could have finished the app within a few days... but look at what has achieved despite piss poor management and piss poor tech - certainly grounds for optimism.

Dont know Rodent the selling point was Driver owned and that was messed up as well .I dont see it with any great future wont be throwing in my 50 .Interesting to see how Flag proposes to break into the market .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2018, 12:54:08 pm »
Whistle drivers aren't allowed to subscribe to Flag. I haven't heard from Richie for a while but when I last spoke with him he was busy planning a relaunch from an office on Upper Mount Street! Rumour has it that Dave (who drove the poofmobile for Hail0) is working for Richie now... maybe that explains the pink roof sign stickers!

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2018, 12:58:15 pm »
Has anyone got the Flag app?....tell us ffs!!

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2018, 12:59:51 pm »
I reckon a lot of his rentals are being hassled into turning on the app.So far though there's nothing that makes me want to see them succeed except for having a bit of badly needed competition.He has a reputation for not being very nice to deal with.I've never met him but I'm guessing it helps to be a bollix when extracting 250 notes from the rental lads every week.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2018, 01:00:33 pm »
I have it Hal, it's not operational at the moment AFAIK. Due to be relaunched any time now.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2018, 01:03:33 pm »
I have it Hal, it's not operational at the moment AFAIK. Due to be relaunched any time now.

What happened with the pre Christmas launch?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2018, 01:07:05 pm »
I reckon a lot of his rentals are being hassled into turning on the app.So far though there's nothing that makes me want to see them succeed except for having a bit of badly needed competition.He has a reputation for not being very nice to deal with.I've never met him but I'm guessing it helps to be a bollix when extracting 250 notes from the rental lads every week.

I'd like to see it succeed for the same reason as you allude to i.e. to bring competition to the PPJ market. If it is to succeed I don't think it will be under Boyle's stewardship. With the best will in the world it's difficult to see how shareholders could determine that he has the skills necessary to take the firm to the next level.

Show Unread Posts