Author Topic: Whistle  (Read 91053 times)

john m

Re: Whistle
« Reply #180 on: February 18, 2018, 11:38:13 pm »
Not really Hal ..Dont think this lad understands the taxi app business .It has nothing to do with earning money from dispatching taxies its about gathering data for driverless vehicles if they ever happen .UBER have been around about 8 years and have millions of drivers and never made a profit Hailo went bang in most countries and got bailed out by Daimlers billions when Mytaxi bought them out .Take Mytaxies 12% commission about 2% of that always went to CC charges we always paid that, that leaves them with 10% I would suggest that goes on driver bonus payments advertising and the overpaid tech staff who couldnt change a bulb in a flashlight then the rent on the Dungeon and the staff .I doubt they have ever shown a trading profit .What they want to know is how long and how much it takes to get from any destination in Ireland or whatever country they operate in to any other destination at every time during the day .So if you order a driverless car or even one of them go cars as they will operate them as well you put in the Pick up point and the drop off point and they will tell you how much you have to pay .Taxi apps like Mytaxi UBER or Lyft are just harvesting data on behalf of the big car manufacturers just in case they ever go driverless they dont need to make a profit just break even .There is no taxi app business there is a taxi app process it only wants to build a data base as security against any other car manufacturer gaining an advantage Toyota ,Volvo Daimler have all paired up with the big taxi app players .

If I added up all the Bonus payments I got and subtracted it from all the commission I paid I doubt I paid more than 50C a job over the lifetime of my Hailo/Mytaxi work The big payment was no PUC

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #181 on: February 18, 2018, 11:46:54 pm »
I listened to the wireless programme in the cab, having started work at 18:13. It wasn't good. The young lady interviewing him tried to find out what he meant by the drivers having their own app (don't they have an app for every app firm, etc). While he kept using the phrase he didn't explain what he meant, no mention of a co-op. Just some gibberish about it being set up by 5 drivers and all the drivers that have joined since (c.2,000) donating €50. As an aside, I enjoyed the piece about the sports tech firm with sensors gathering/analysing a wide range of data from players of various games including rugby, soccer, football, hurling, NBA, NFL, MLB, etc... great to see yet another innovative Irish firm leading the way in a global marketplace.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #182 on: February 18, 2018, 11:48:54 pm »
Not really Hal ..Dont think this lad understands the taxi app business .It has nothing to do with earning money from dispatching taxies its about gathering data for driverless vehicles if they ever happen .UBER have been around about 8 years and have millions of drivers and never made a profit Hailo went bang in most countries and got bailed out by Daimlers billions when Mytaxi bought them out .Take Mytaxies 12% commission about 2% of that always went to CC charges we always paid that, that leaves them with 10% I would suggest that goes on driver bonus payments advertising and the overpaid tech staff who couldnt change a bulb in a flashlight then the rent on the Dungeon and the staff .I doubt they have ever shown a trading profit .What they want to know is how long and how much it takes to get from any destination in Ireland or whatever country they operate in to any other destination at every time during the day .So if you order a driverless car or even one of them go cars as they will operate them as well you put in the Pick up point and the drop off point and they will tell you how much you have to pay .Taxi apps like Mytaxi UBER or Lyft are just harvesting data on behalf of the big car manufacturers just in case they ever go driverless they dont need to make a profit just break even .There is no taxi app business there is a taxi app process it only wants to build a data base as security against any other car manufacturer gaining an advantage Toyota ,Volvo Daimler have all paired up with the big taxi app players .

If I added up all the Bonus payments I got and subtracted it from all the commission I paid I doubt I paid more than 50C a job over the lifetime of my Hailo/Mytaxi work The big payment was no PUC

They all rely on Google for tech and, as such, share their data with Google... Coincidentally Google is leading the way in the development of driverless cars.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #183 on: February 19, 2018, 12:30:35 am »
Besides all that John.....do ya think the bar at the Whistle Inn will be open tonight?

john m

« Reply #184 on: February 19, 2018, 01:00:57 am »
Besides all that John.....do ya think the bar at the Whistle Inn will be open tonight?

He probably has one in the house or lives close to Aldi

Offline Belker

« Reply #185 on: February 19, 2018, 08:54:31 am »
I listened to the wireless programme in the cab, having started work at 18:13. It wasn't good. The young lady interviewing him tried to find out what he meant by the drivers having their own app (don't they have an app for every app firm, etc). While he kept using the phrase he didn't explain what he meant, no mention of a co-op. Just some gibberish about it being set up by 5 drivers and all the drivers that have joined since (c.2,000) donating €50.

It was a poor interview, John Boyle did not have his homework done beforehand.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #186 on: February 19, 2018, 12:02:41 pm »
The Seven P's - Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #187 on: February 19, 2018, 12:15:30 pm »
Yet another email from Whistle:

Announcement !!

Wow !! €2 OFF ALL BOOKINGS !!! No promo code required.

Card option added !!

Longitude Ticket Giveaway . . .

Whistle drivers are offering you a €2 discount, so don’t forget to thank the driver :-))) This promotion will last until Friday 16th March. Please support us with our own App, the more you use us, the more drivers will come on board. You are key to our success ! We'll bring you back availability through 2018 in return.

Get Whistle on www.whistletaxiapp.com . Use the forgot password feature to reset your password in seconds.

The Longitude Ticket Giveaway is on the Whistle Taxi App Facebook page . .

Thanks so much for being part of Whistle !!!

Our Apple app is updating. It will be ready in 2-3 hours.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #188 on: February 19, 2018, 12:18:04 pm »
Let's hope the knobs on Mount Street don't try to copy him.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #189 on: February 19, 2018, 12:19:36 pm »
Note: that was received at 03:58 so the Apple app is finished updating.

The €2 off is only 'till Paddies Day. I might start using it after that if it works, currently only works on WIFI for me. Might use the passenger app before that to save the €2 if I'm out and about up above in Dublin.

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #190 on: February 19, 2018, 12:20:44 pm »
The latest ramblings from JB

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #191 on: February 19, 2018, 12:21:09 pm »
Let's hope the knobs on Mount Street don't try to copy him.

I don't think they will... I'd be very disappointed if they did.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #192 on: February 19, 2018, 12:24:03 pm »

Union, eh? "Co-op" seems to have been deleted from his vocabulary.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #193 on: February 19, 2018, 12:28:29 pm »
Remember the lads in Hailo said that drivers agreed/voted to drop the PUC.I wonder if they're the same lads who offered to drop the PUC in Whistle.They won't get enough drivers onboard if they come across as dirty discounters IMO.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #194 on: February 19, 2018, 12:29:27 pm »

Union, eh? "Co-op" seems to have been deleted from his vocabulary.

Erase and rewind....as the song goes!!

Show Unread Posts