Author Topic: LPG advice  (Read 31908 times)

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: LPG advice
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2018, 11:14:42 pm »
Do you get the same mileage from a liter of gas as you do from a liter of petrol?Do they have the same efficiency?Apparently not.I think the savings on Prius are minimal.
https://www.sustainablebusinesstoolkit.com/lpg-vs-petrol-vehicles/

Remember that yer savings are reduced because the car already uses very little juice from the factory.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 11:19:06 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2018, 12:00:06 am »
Don't forget to add the 20% import duty, 21% VAT (17.5% if you import to UK) and cost of sorting out the dash, infotainment system and (if applicable) tinted windows plus a set of tyres. Still looks viable though, I assume one can negotiate on that site, I'll add it to my list of Jap sites to look at in a month or so.

john m

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2018, 08:04:04 am »
Do they charge more for insurance if you alter the motor is their a premium for carrying gas on bosrd .?I think you can apply Taxinomics here .How many taxies on the road?How many are running on Gas if it was really economical the figure should be higher..

« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2018, 09:48:10 am »
There are a few but ya wouldn't tell them as different by looking at them..it only makes sense if your converting something already thirsty.

Over the years there have been various installers trying to drum up business by coming on to the forums.As soon as enough folks switch to LPG it will be taxed higher anyway.Besides I can barely find a decent petrol station in the city center nevermind an gas supplier.

Offline Scooterman

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2018, 10:13:35 am »
Hi John rang my ins they said no problem just have a engeers report for them their is a lot of taxis on the road in Dublin could be more ,they government should be promoting hybrid....... EV..... lpg...... in the taxis fleet but they  don’t want a drop  in their  tax  intake  on fuels..... will have  to be dragged into  promoting anything that cost them money......... ::rant

« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2018, 10:21:37 am »
Yer being a bit vague Scooter....how much exactly do you spend on fuel per year so we can work out the savings together..
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 11:33:48 am by mercenary for hire »

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2018, 10:39:55 am »
As soon as enough folks switch to LPG it will be taxed higher anyway.Besides I can barely find a decent petrol station in the city center nevermind an gas supplier.

It's been around since the 80s and has never gained popularity. There were a few converted Volvos working as taxis back in the 90s. For some reason you could always smell gas in them.

Offline sore

« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2018, 01:02:41 pm »
Toyota Dealers in EU member state Malta actually offer LPG conversions. Not only that, the Goverment of Malta offer a grant of 200 euro
for conversions and you get to use Bus Lanes if on LPG!!!!!!

http://toyota.com.mt/en/lpg-conversions

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2018, 01:09:31 pm »
Toyota Dealers in EU member state Malta actually offer LPG conversions. Not only that, the Goverment of Malta offer a grant of 200 euro
for conversions and you get to use Bus Lanes if on LPG!!!!!!

http://toyota.com.mt/en/lpg-conversions

I can see Denis O Brien driving his LPG converted Merc in the bus lanes in Malta.

Offline SClass

« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2018, 01:48:43 pm »
Many European and Asian manufacturers offer LPG versions of their cars.
But typically Ireland only get the basics from all the manufacturers,
Not enough of us for them to bother.
On the other hand is there many outlets that supply LPG for the likes of a taxi driver.

« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2018, 02:35:06 pm »
Where in Dublin between the canals can you  buy it?That's where I work mostly.

Offline Belker

« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2018, 03:05:56 pm »
Don't forget to add the 20% import duty, 21% VAT (17.5% if you import to UK) and cost of sorting out the dash, infotainment system and (if applicable) tinted windows plus a set of tyres. Still looks viable though, I assume one can negotiate on that site, I'll add it to my list of Jap sites to look at in a month or so.

That would be intresting, be sure to start a new topic on it when you get back from your vacation from your vacation !

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2018, 03:24:17 pm »
Where in Dublin between the canals can you  buy it?That's where I work mostly.

The Texaco on Pinnock Hill sells LPG, fill up when you get an airport run.
I think they charge 0.79c per litre.

Offline Scooterman

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2018, 08:07:34 pm »

i am not been vague merc there is saving in  in the long term plus this winter petrol will  only going higer in price
     these lpg conversions are all over europe and  the techolgy is very good with them
    they have come a long way from a steel tank in the boot of 25 years ago......
    cheapest    james town road  finglas   lpg gains       0.69 cent a litre   and walkintown......

« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2018, 08:50:30 pm »
Serious question, how much do ya spend per year on juice Scooter?Fuel goes up and down every year.

Show Unread Posts