Author Topic: Travellers  (Read 131671 times)

Offline taxi1990

Re: Travellers
« Reply #240 on: July 15, 2019, 08:51:51 pm »
You are glutton for punishment Belker, number 1 rule with them is to not carry them, number 2 rule is if you do get the money up front.
I just wont carry them, 99% of the time you will have problems with them, most have zero manners and have been brought up to have no respect for anyone or anything, they just take take take.

I had 1 before and the sob story of how her boyfriend beat her up, i didnt believe her for a second as i met the boyfriend who wasnt a traveller but just a simple ejit, same girl was robbing all around her.

Offline Belker

« Reply #241 on: July 16, 2019, 01:07:38 am »
Stopped for a lady in Dalkey last night, 2 shopping bags full of her belongings. Just got a barring order against her husband, 4 months pregnant, going to live with her mother. The last taxi driver called he a knacker and drove on " why did he not just ask me had I money?" She gave me €10 to take her to Dunlaoire, 10 stitches in the top of her head from him. 4 kids, the eldest girl doing well, and loves school, "I'ld be lost without her,, only for her I might kill myself, she is my only hope". Dropped her and returned her tenner, sometimes I have to remember my common humanity, not much to help anyone but Jaysus.
Very commendable Harry, you have a good heart. I like to think that I too have a good heart and in my time I have gone way over and above the call of duty to look after stricken folk late at night, but when it comes to travellers it's a different story, they are Scum.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #242 on: July 16, 2019, 01:14:36 am »
Picked up a Traveller from the CCJ on Parkgate Street going up to the site beside Cloverhill prison and he said the cute Traveller women are getting loads of safety and barring orders against their men.So many that some men are having to sober up before they get back to the trailer.

Nothing new. Mrs. Catcher volunteered in a womens refuge in Coolock years ago and it was always full of traveller women.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #243 on: August 01, 2019, 11:09:17 am »
https://www.thesun.ie/news/4373671/gardai-seize-12-caravans-during-on-going-organised-crime-probe-in-south-dublin/

COP RAIDS Gardai seize 12 caravans during on-going organised crime probe in South Dublin

Danny De Vaal
26 Jul 2019, 18:48

GARDAI seized 12 caravans, three generators and a number of power tools, they believe were stolen during an on-going organised crime operation in South Dublin.

Units from the Armed Support Unit, Dog Unit, Aer Support Unit, Criminal Assets Bureau, the National Bureau of Criminal Investigation assisted Gardai

The Stolen Vehicle Unit, Social Welfare and Customs and Revenue Unit were also part of the operation in Rathcoole.

Cops said they searched 30 dwellings in the Tootenhill area of Dublin as part of the probe.

They said no arrests have been made and that the investigation is still on-going.

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #244 on: August 01, 2019, 03:42:53 pm »
https://m.herald.ie/news/courts/family-will-never-forgive-4-attackers-who-stoned-home-38364643.html

Four young men who attacked a house with stones and rocks two days before Christmas, making the occupants homeless, have been sentenced at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court.

Brothers John (22) and Christopher Connors (23), along with Paddy Connors (22) and James Wall (19), attacked the family's Dublin home at 2.45am.

Children, including a newborn baby and a girl with special needs, were living there at the time.

Fergal Foley, prosecuting, read a victim impact statement in which the family said: "It was like a nightmare, like something out of a horror movie.

"They caused so much pain and hurt. My question to the four of them is: why? I hope they reflect on how much damage they have done. I will never forgive them."

John and Christopher Connors, of Ballyogan Grove, Carrickmines; James Wall, of Nurney, Carlow; and Paddy Connors, of Nutgrove Crescent, Rathfarnham, each pleaded guilty to criminal damage of the house in Churchtown, Dublin, on December 23, 2016.

Brick

The incident happened after the homeowner contacted gardai following a conversation with Paddy Connors through a window at 2.45am.

When gardai left, a brick was thrown at a window and the homeowner saw four men sitting in a car nearby. He left his home and broke the back window of the car in temper.

The four men then got out of the car and threw mainly stones and paving slabs at the house, damaging all but one of the windows.

The owner of the house was injured during "a violent incident" in the front garden when he was punched several times.

Judge Melanie Greally placed John Connors on a 12-month probation bond and adjourned his sentence to July 31 next year.

She sentenced Wall to two years, which she suspended in full, accepting that he was not the instigator of the offence.

Judge Greally sentenced Paddy Connors to four years, but suspended the final 12 months on strict conditions.

Christopher Connors was sentenced to four years with the final 18 months suspended.

Offline Bob Shillin

« Reply #245 on: August 01, 2019, 04:10:47 pm »
Think that we might have a coin tray (with about €50 in it) stealer amongst that crowd. Have a number in my phone from Ballyogan Grove with one of those first names on it.
"So look into the mirror, do you recognise someone, is it who you always thought you would become, when you were young?"

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #246 on: August 01, 2019, 04:17:45 pm »
"They caused so much pain and hurt. My question to the four of them is: why?

Huh?

The incident happened after the homeowner contacted gardai following a conversation with Paddy Connors through a window at 2.45am.

When gardai left, a brick was thrown at a window and the homeowner saw four men sitting in a car nearby. He left his home and broke the back window of the car in temper.

... hope that helps.

« Reply #247 on: August 02, 2019, 10:56:41 pm »
https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/action-urged-on-super-halting-site-on-corks-northside-941389.html

Action urged on ‘super halting’ site on Cork’s northside

There are calls for a new taskforce to be set up to address the complex issues linked to a ‘super’ Traveller halting site on Cork’s northside.

It comes as opposition mounts against city plans to build Traveller-specific housing on council land next to Spring Lane halting site.

Just days after a firefighter was injured when his crew was pelted with stones and rocks as they tackled a rubbish fire at the entrance to the halting site, it was confirmed yesterday the city’s draft Traveller Accommodation Programme 2019-2024 will come before councillors for discussion next month.

It suggests building a new group housing scheme on Ellis’s yard site, which is zoned solely for Traveller-specific accommodation, to alleviate the worst of the overcrowding on the Spring Lane site next door.

The halting site, which was built for 10 families, is now home to 38 families.

Fianna Fáil councillor Ken O’Flynn and Labour councillor John Maher said they have concerns about building Traveller-only housing on the yard site given the history in the area.

“We already have 28 families living in an unauthorised extension of the halting site. They should be evicted. I would have concerns that a ‘super’ halting site could develop in this area if the housing goes ahead on the yard site.

“The time has come to accept that the current approach to resolving long-standing issues at the halting site just isn’t working.

“We need a new taskforce, with honest brokers on both sides, to sit down and tackle this issue once and for all.”

Mr Maher said concerns of, and submissions from, residents in the area are being considered as part of the public consultation process on the draft Traveller accommodation programme.

Plans to extend the halting site into Ellis’s yard were voted down by the council in 2011. A failed consultative forum process was disbanded in 2012.

Former Minister of State Kathleen Lynch chaired an inter-agency group process in 2013. That also broke down. In 2014, she invited former South County Dublin Manager Joe Horan to examine the issue and draft solutions. Travellers went on to publish their own solutions document later that year.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #248 on: August 03, 2019, 12:32:17 pm »
Nutgrove is appropriately named alright..........fucking dive of a place. Many's a time I had to leg it from that kip with a cunt hanging out of my window and his boat race embedded in my delph.. Rathfarnham reminds me of Niall Tóibín's "hunting fable".......the cunt from Montenotte telling the Mayfield gypo that he had hoped to have been "hunting" all weekend but the horse had developed colic..............."same here", says the piebald....."me ferret had the flu".

« Reply #249 on: August 19, 2019, 04:45:28 pm »
https://m.herald.ie/news/callous-gang-hits-oaps-in-distressing-spate-of-sick-graveyard-thefts-38414442.html

A sick Dublin gang is stealing cash and valuable items from vulnerable OAPs as they visit the graves of loved ones, the Herald can reveal.

The callous crew is breaking into the cars of bereaved friends and families parked outside graveyards across Co Wicklow.

An undercover garda operation is now under way across the county.

Armed gardai have also been deployed to tourist hotspots to target the Tallaght-based gang, which is responsible for a spate of crimes throughout the county.
Heartless

There has been a big increase in thefts and burglaries in recent weeks, but gardai hope the situation may calm down after the arrest of a 22-year-old criminal who is thought to lead the gang.

"In their latest move, the crew have been targeting cars parked at graveyards," said a senior garda source.

Seven cars have been ransacked in one week alone.

Gang members either break into the vehicles or open unlocked doors.

Purses, cash, mobile phones and any other items left in the cars have been stolen by the heartless mob.

Its members are also thought to be responsible for a large number of "handbag snatches" from women in counties Carlow, Kildare and Wicklow.

August is an especially busy time at graveyards because it is when many the graves are blessed.

"People are visiting graves to place fresh flowers and plants on them and this gang has honed in on this fact and are targeting cars parked at the graveyards," said the source.

"Most of the victims have been women, who are typically in their 60s or 70s. It has been very distressing for them."

Cars have been targeted at graveyards in Bray, Arklow, Rathdrum and Laragh which has led gardai to set up a special "covert surveillance" operation in a bid to bust the thieves.

"These are not high-end thefts, but they are causing huge distress," said the source.

Gardai - determined to catch members of the Tallaght gang - are undertaking "overt" armed patrols of popular tourist destinations in Co Wicklow, and more discreet undercover operation at graveyards.

"When available, the Regional Support Unit (RSU) has been deployed to locations such as Glendalough, Aughrim and Enniskerry.

"These are highly popular tourist locations and there are concerns that tourists will be targeted by the organised crime gang.

"An overt armed garda presence sends a strong message that the activities of this gang will not be tolerated," said the gardai source.

The crime rate in Co Wicklow is at its highest level since gardai compiled a comprehensive list of 50 prolific burglars and serial theft offenders.

The list was compiled as part of a garda crackdown on the crime epidemic plaguing the east coast.

The efforts by Wicklow garda saw a dramatic drop in burglaries last year.

Prison

"These things often go around in cycles - what seems to have happened is that a number of Traveller criminals have been released from prison in recent months and they are simply causing chaos," said the source.

"But there has been a significant arrest, and a detailed policing plan is in place to target this crime gang."

Meanwhile, the Herald can reveal that gardai are expected to question a gang member who has been in hospital since he was injured in a car crash during a garda pursuit in the Blessington area.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #250 on: August 19, 2019, 05:44:49 pm »

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #251 on: August 20, 2019, 10:54:18 am »
Have they attested that Travellers are to blame?

Offline watty

« Reply #252 on: August 20, 2019, 05:38:24 pm »
A small number of travelling gangs are behind a huge surge in the lucrative theft of catalytic converters from cars, gardaí have said.
Might be code for travellers or might be just a gang of Dublin lads using the motorway network to travel about?

dalymount

« Reply #253 on: August 20, 2019, 07:36:59 pm »
Ya see this is always the problem. When anyone trys to describe them, your never sure are they talking about gangs that travel about robbing everyone, or are they gangs of tinkers. Best way out of this is, if they are gangs that travel to rob people, call them mobile gangs, if they are gangs of what used to be called tiiñkers, call them what they are fukkin cream crackers

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #254 on: August 20, 2019, 10:04:59 pm »
Handbags at Dawn:
Herald.ie: Callous gang hits OAPs in 'distressing' spate of sick graveyard thefts.
https://www.herald.ie/news/callous-gang-hits-oaps-in-distressing-spate-of-sick-graveyard-thefts-38414442.html

Show Unread Posts