Author Topic: Replacement car challenge  (Read 19584 times)

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: Replacement car challenge
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2018, 02:46:22 pm »
^^Think about one of them Leafs Rc.Bloke in town claims to be getting 280km per charge.The 60Kw battery will be released next year with better range.Grants are generous too if you can get the rest of the bread together.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2018, 02:53:35 pm »
If the range gets to 500kms...i'd be very tempted...maybe by 2021 it will....and NTA grants expiring at the end of that year.

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2018, 03:01:43 pm »
That 500km is a whole weeks work for me.:-).

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2018, 03:13:24 pm »
Very true MFH....i don't want to be stopping at night to charge me jammer...just so i can get home!!

Offline SClass

« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2018, 04:26:22 pm »
Can them Prius go faster than 80kM
Always limping along on the slow lane on the M50,
And the N11,
What will be like when they removed the egg beater of a engine, and fill the space with batteries. rofl

Online watty

« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2018, 05:55:29 pm »
I'd aim for a 5-7yr old diesel Superb or Octavia & try to avoid getting a loan.  I learned the expensive way that a car will keep going forever as long as you keep the oil topped up  ::fight

Also, too much uncertainty in the near future (Brexit, Trump, SF/PBP/AAA getting into power) to buy new or spend any sort of money.  Apart from things like Brexit, a crash would put you out of business and/or some cnut could steal your taxi and burn it out.  Also, lots of stories in the newspapers about people targeting taxis in fake crash scams. 

With most of the country driving diesels, they ain't gonna disappear anytime soon.  With all the scare stories about them and hipsters buying electric, you should be able to pick up a cheap-ish second-hand one?

I don't get the hybrids anyways.  As I understand it, they drive for 40miles or so on electric and then switch back to the 'real' engine.  You're paying a lot upfront for the extra weight and  2 engines for those electric miles?  And I don't understand how the Prius is legal considering how small the boot is!  Can you even fit the weekly shopping in there?

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2018, 06:08:16 pm »
I'd aim for a 5-7yr old diesel Superb or Octavia & try to avoid getting a loan.  I learned the expensive way that a car will keep going forever as long as you keep the oil topped up  ::fight

Also, too much uncertainty in the near future (Brexit, Trump, SF/PBP/AAA getting into power) to buy new or spend any sort of money.  Apart from things like Brexit, a crash would put you out of business and/or some cnut could steal your taxi and burn it out.  Also, lots of stories in the newspapers about people targeting taxis in fake crash scams. 

With most of the country driving diesels, they ain't gonna disappear anytime soon.  With all the scare stories about them and hipsters buying electric, you should be able to pick up a cheap-ish second-hand one?

I don't get the hybrids anyways.  As I understand it, they drive for 40miles or so on electric and then switch back to the 'real' engine.  You're paying a lot upfront for the extra weight and  2 engines for those electric miles?  And I don't understand how the Prius is legal considering how small the boot is!  Can you even fit the weekly shopping in there?

The 40 miles you speak of are the PHEVs...they revert back to a normal hybrid...petrol/electric when that charge has expired....40 miles is useless for a taxi and certainly not worth the extra money....
The boot space on my Gen 3 Prius has plenty of room,don't know why you think it too small.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2018, 06:20:38 pm »
'Don't let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner.'

I say that exact line to cunts whenever they ask me why i'm not married or going caso. they never get the reference.
i'm talking to an empty telephone 'cause there's a dead man on the other end of this fucking line.

Ah sure........let them off with a Heckler-Koch headbutt........ lol

Online watty

« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2018, 06:29:08 pm »

The 40 miles you speak of are the PHEVs...they revert back to a normal hybrid...petrol/electric when that charge has expired....40 miles is useless for a taxi and certainly not worth the extra money....
The boot space on my Gen 3 Prius has plenty of room,don't know why you think it too small.

I haven't done an in-depth study of car boots but the Prius' I have seen look on the small side.  I have an Octavia - boot is big enough for two dead bodies.  Or so I'm told  ::fds  It's all relative, I guess.

« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2018, 06:38:09 pm »
What's really interesting about the hybrids etc are the same questions yis ask.I mean Hal and I...and other posters now have answered all the queries at nausium and yis still don't absorb the information.Is it that you don't believe what we're saying?Why would we lie and what would we gain?

We already done all this on Roys.Were yis all playing contact sports as kids?Even S has recently asked me the same stupid questions that were answered on Roys years ago when I bought my Prius.Yis seems a little soft in the head and I'm trying not to sound like a prick about it.Maybe in years to come diesel owners can sue for memory loss issues....assuming they remember what they're doing.Something proper wrong with yis.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2018, 06:41:13 pm »
Lot of them Fillipinos in the Phoeno wearing hybrid jackets at the mo. Poor auld scobies from Ireland, the indigeenious, must be losing out to the hand-shandy for a fiver brigade.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2018, 06:47:16 pm »
Lot of them Fillipinos in the Phoeno wearing hybrid jackets at the mo. Poor auld scobies from Ireland, the indigeenious, must be losing out to the hand-shandy for a fiver brigade.

Stagg!

Offline Tony

« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2018, 07:01:38 pm »
I've never bought new, always a second hand car that will do me for 3 years.
I only done 87000 last year

87 bleedin thousands????  ???

Holy fuk Tony..... It's a bleedin helicopter you need

Is that a mistake Tony?

Nope..
Mr. T-bag to you

« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2018, 07:21:27 pm »
Were any of yis licking large amounts of batteries when yis  were children?We need to get to the bottom of this..

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2018, 07:28:45 pm »
Probably lickin a lot of christian brothers batteries.

Show Unread Posts