Author Topic: How is the body  (Read 9682 times)

john m

How is the body
« on: November 05, 2018, 11:55:44 am »
Trying to drop weight lost about a stone and a half but got terrible back pain thought I pulled something in the gym but it wouldnt go away so went to the Doc .He talks me through my diet and sees I only drink coffee or alcohol (who dosent )Anyhoo he diagnosis liver problems says I have become seriously dehydrated and my kidneys are strained .I asked should that not be my liver he says the kidneys set strained as the blood gets thicker due to dehydration that leads to high blood pressure .He asks how often I piss I say I dont know but I dont piss at work as there are few toilets .He says a lot of Drivers suffer kidney and liver problems from holding their piss due to lack of toilets .So im on 6 pints of water a day for a month no coffee or no alcohol to flush out my Kidneys and Liver .So that pain in your lower back might not always be from an uncomfortable seat .

Offline mercenary for hire

Re: How is the body
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 12:18:04 pm »
Fair play on the weight loss....

But 6 pints of water weighs 8.3 pounds which us 0.6 stones...Still better than I'm doing.

john m

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 12:26:28 pm »
I think the point the doc was making is driving is not the healthiest way of life ,not pissing regulary can cause both kidney and liver problems add in the sedentary nature and lack of exercise we are storing up trouble we should be taking better care of ourselves .

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2018, 12:28:17 pm »
I'm hoping I'll be dead by pension time....it's a great country except when your old and sick getting ignored.Fuk that I'm gone..gonna put me head in the microwave.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 12:33:39 pm by mercenary for hire »

john m

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 12:33:30 pm »
I'm hoping I'll be dead by pension time....it's a great country except when your old and sick getting ignored.Fuk that I'm gone..

Dont be so negative you will only be 67 at pension time sure thats the old 40 .Ask S  about the quality of life few quid pension and work if you need coin or to escape .happy days .

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 12:35:35 pm »
I'm not negative but things will have to be bad for me to want to drive when I'm at pension age.Dont really care for it now tbh even though it's easy.

john m

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 12:40:51 pm »
I'm not negative but things will have to be bad for me to want to drive when I'm at pension age.Dont really care for it now tbh even though it's easy.

Not in love with the job meself only do 3 nights but might be ok in your 70s to work the local shops or hospital for a few hours in the day .

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 12:44:20 pm »
It's just too expensive.Needing to earn €4500 a year just to stay afloat is a bit more than a hobby, especially for an oul lad.You'd be better off ending your days doing something else I reckon.

Spending 15/20k on a car when your needing to retire soon could be considered a big gamble.

john m

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 12:56:18 pm »
I have 10 years to go till retirement .If I get there I get a pension she gets one  thats over 400 a week .As you say the cost of a car insurance maintainance  fuelmakes this an expensive business to be in but it affords you freedom of movement unlike a 9to5 .I have been looking for something else but at 57 fat and failing eye sight there is not a lot out there and most jobs are paying under 12 yoyo an hour before stoppages you couldnt live on that .If i could find a job with a pension i would jump at it even for small money if i could buy extra pension contributions and work the taxi part time .

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2018, 01:04:08 pm »
I think the main deterrent to older lads will be the lack of cash work around in 5 or 10 years.I do the bare amount but the tax bill and insurance has almost doubled.Rising tax bills are unavoidable.

john m

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2018, 01:05:46 pm »
I think the main deterrent to older lads will be the lack of cash work around in 5 or 10 years.I do the bare amount but the tax bill and insurance has almost doubled.Rising tax bills are unavoidable.

In ten years it will all be cashless .

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2018, 02:35:38 pm »
Must be months later at this stage........another staged episode looking for fake sympathy. Same aul self-pity and drama.....someone else's fault......A Corkonian stage queen in January will salve that self-loathing persona.

Offline watty

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 04:53:44 pm »
Maybe we should get out of the taxi every now and then and push it for a bit of exercise?  And then when the road levels off, you could push with one hand and have a piss with the other...
Kill two birds with one stone  lol

dalymount

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2018, 04:55:23 pm »
I doubt it will take anything like 10 years John,I think Alan Kelly had the intention of making it into a cashless business when he was at the helm.also its fantastic what you ha v e achieved a stone and a half is brilliant ,well done

dalymount

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2018, 04:57:32 pm »
I do a 10 k walk every morning,any of you wishing to join me,would be most welcome

Show Unread Posts