Author Topic: Important Update  (Read 58424 times)

The Liffey Lip

Re: Important Update
« Reply #225 on: November 29, 2018, 07:41:23 am »
John you’re a taxi driver.
Let’s leave it at that.

No im not a taxi driver I drive a taxi  As you say part time I have a considerably greater skillset .Flag will fail with their present business model  ,myself and my colleague might be able to save them .Paddys Day 2019 and the only fFag on Dublin streets will be waived by Yanks on Holiday .

First sentence is all that was required, Emry. Taxi drivers, in the main, are a dissolute. rag-tag bunch of fellas and girls with nothing else to do or nowhere to go. Taximen work when they feel the urge, not the need.

john m

« Reply #226 on: November 29, 2018, 09:15:50 am »
Im not getting paid for this consultation but if I had of been advising .My first question would of been. Justify the Brand name and Logo .If you look at the Excellent Mytaxi logo ,there is no ambiguity as to its Ronsealability (does exactly what it says on the can) Even the Ronseal Brand has a presence outside of the DIY shops paint and varnish shelf .A great example of branding .My taxi combine the item they are associated with TAXI with the two iconic taxi colours Yellow for NY taxicabs and Black for the Iconic London Black cab .That didnt happen over a coffee in the school canteen .That was designed by people who understand branding .

A flag on a purple background means what to Zlatan from Cabra or Seamus from the Islamic Republic  In what way is the word Flag iconic to the taxi industry .

My next question would of been what %of your market would you need to capture to break even over a 2 year launch and incubation period based on your launch budget (How much is your launch budget )I did some work for another potential app and we assessed you would need at least 4 million to implement and sustain a launch and it would take at least 2 years before you reached break even as it would need a commitment to reinvest any revenues  from active users back into growing the brand .So the ideal position would be after two years to have a self financing application .That would mean all expenditure ,wages heat,light offices ongoing business costs covered .Then like Hailo you might be able to offload the application to a bigger player who can afford to Grow the brand or aquire it so they can acquire a data base of user or driver information .It is unlikely the money you might recieve for a sale would cover the actual investment made in building the brand .

Unlike Hailo who received over 80 MILLION in subsidies from drivers  by way of GOODWILL from drivers who did not charge the Pick Up Charge and offered FREE waiting time .Flag ,Whistle or no other taxi application will ever receive this gravitas and therefor has a trading disadvantage .

Next question and the important one .What do you offer the DRIVER or customer that is different from the existing available alternatives .There was some selling point being offered to passengers about if they lost their phone or had no money .This was so insignificant a point I who am interested in most things to do with the industry have no idea what it is .On the drivers side lower commission on what work .

Drivers are emotionally invested in Mytaxi/Hailo its the first app they used they hate it but love it .Its like their wife of family they complain threaten to switch it off but they will not .

There is only one way to launch a successfull app .It has to be free to use for both drivers and passengers and then monetize the platform by advertising using algorithms to send adds and promotions to the passenger based on their inputted destination and Ireland Dublin is to small an audience for a stand alone application .

My analysis to anybody starting a taxi app from scratch would be do not its doomed to fail and the market for cannibalization in the hope that a bigger application might buy you out is limited and cost of acquisition per customer or per driver is greater than the potential valuation of your business .In simple terms it is not a viable proposition to invest time ,money or effort in .The taxi application has been invented UBER ,Lyft Gett have invested tens of BILLIONS and have yet to turn a profit .Metaxi value their business on a dual valuation of revenues and data harvesting for future projects .

What any new entrant into the existing market place is selling is exactly what already exists an app to get a taxi to compete with holding out your hand .As Mister Barnam said ".There is one born every minute ".A stand alone taxi app launched from scratch has as much chance of success as Shergar has of winning the Eurovision .
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 09:20:45 am by john m »

dalymount

« Reply #227 on: November 29, 2018, 10:07:29 am »
You all spend a lot of time talking about cunts (radio companies ,apps) who are surplas to requirements,and who do not need to be in our industry

Online Jack Meoff

« Reply #228 on: November 29, 2018, 10:22:45 am »
You all spend a lot of time talking about cunts (radio companies ,apps) who are surplas to requirements,and who do not need to be in our industry

2 many part-timers with loads of time on der hands.

dalymount

« Reply #229 on: November 29, 2018, 10:26:22 am »
Ah I dont think we could John to be a part timer. a full time part timer maybe,but not a part timer as such

Online Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #230 on: November 29, 2018, 02:08:22 pm »
If he put half the effort into driving as he does into typing he'd be minted.

Online Jack Meoff

« Reply #231 on: November 29, 2018, 02:18:39 pm »

True

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #232 on: November 29, 2018, 02:20:09 pm »

...and stopped saying "had of"...he could be a gifted....something!!

It's grammar nazi Thursday btw!!

Offline Vikkiz

« Reply #233 on: November 29, 2018, 10:34:40 pm »
Ehh John, you can “Hail a taxi” “Flag a taxi”
In NYC, you can “Whistle” for a taxi.
So the name is a play on getting a taxi.

Black and yellow has been around in taxis for years, not just something MyTaxi thought of

Wasn’t C2K first colors black and yellow, they even had the cars wrapped in yellow with black writing.

For drivers, it’s less commission which will mean more money for drivers, who doesn’t want that.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #234 on: November 29, 2018, 11:16:56 pm »
Add in : if he had used Spell check some of what he types would make sense...some.

Offline Belker

« Reply #235 on: November 30, 2018, 02:50:11 pm »

...and stopped saying "had of"...he could be a gifted....something!!

"Had of" never Bulled a calf !

john m

« Reply #236 on: November 30, 2018, 03:38:42 pm »
Add in : if he had used Spell check some of what he types would make sense...some.

if i could read right and spell i could have your job

Online Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #237 on: December 01, 2018, 03:31:57 pm »
Another email:

Hello from Team Flag! We are emailing you with  our marketing update and letting you know whats going on in the background.

Our Integrated Marketing campaign is going live this Monday the 3rd of December.
The campaign will take place across a couple of different mediums. You will hear  and see flag on
-Dart
-Luas
Radio Q102 & FM104
-Commuter Pods
-Digital marketing will also play a large role in this campaign.

"Commission is at a 6% promotion for December 2018, January and February 2019. We also want to reassure you that our rates will never increase. 10% for the first €50 earned, 8% for the second €50 earned and 6%on all orders after this, based on jobs completed within a 24 hour period(meaning average commission 7.5%)."

"As an Irish company I'm delighted to support Flag from the beginning and help shape a fairer fare for all drivers." - James, one of our first drivers fly the Flag and get the wrap!

Our promo teams have been braving the weather over the past few weeks, giving out freebies and discount codes.

We are running a competition amongst drivers
We are choosing the top three drivers who refer the most passengers to win additional €250 and a free valet each.
All you have to do is tell the passengers to download the app and enter your badge number(from your dash ID card) as a referral code. They will in turn receive €10 off next Flag when booked by card, its as simple as that! Driver always receives full fare.

You are welcome to our offices in 48 mount street upper or Unit 2 Monastery Road, Clondalkin to collect promo cards. We understand its the busy period and can post them directly to your home address, just hit the blue button.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #238 on: December 01, 2018, 03:40:51 pm »
I've had it switched on....pity there's no work from it!!

john m

« Reply #239 on: December 01, 2018, 03:41:57 pm »
Promoting taxies at the Luas  and Dart to people who already have transport is pure genius .

Show Unread Posts