Author Topic: New Toyota Corolla.  (Read 46271 times)

Offline Theoneandonly

Re: New Toyota Corolla.
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2020, 12:06:51 pm »
The question we all want answered...have you put up the coke wrapper and cling film barrier in the new jammer?
I'll put up the 25 Euro ammbasador FN screen on the new jammer.

When will you get you ambassadorial wrap ... to ruin it!
I dunno, I'll email them after suitability on Wednesday.
Dose 'Ruined' mean adding to the Reg plates, Door decals, Roofie, Daisies, Dash I.D., Etc.. ?

Depends how far you go with it I guess, are there levels of ambassadorship depending on much of your taxi
your willing to debase?

Offline Horse

« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2020, 12:15:16 pm »
Best of luck with the new jammer ken. I'll be holding onto my 2 litre d4d avensis for another year, it just passed an nct no bother so good to book suitability when I get round to it. Quick question though, is the corolla much smaller inside than the avensis and do you think a screen will restrict movement a lot in the car? Cheers ken, again enjoy your new car.

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2020, 12:21:53 pm »
Good luck with the car it sounds great ya cant beat Toyota

Tink il get a pruis next though all the Indian and Pakistanis have them and they work long hours and watch the Penny's
I'm on my 3rd avensis diesel but diesel is done its over

Offline Belker

« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2020, 12:39:49 pm »
Best of luck with the new jammer ken. I'll be holding onto my 2 litre d4d avensis for another year, it just passed an nct no bother so good to book suitability when I get round to it. Quick question though, is the corolla much smaller inside than the avensis and do you think a screen will restrict movement a lot in the car? Cheers ken, again enjoy your new car.
Thank you Horse.

The Corolla is smaller by about an Inch either side Front to Back or Side to Side,
I much prefer the 'Kick Ass' D4D 2 Liter Avensis also.
And was happy to give up my Dream of a new Corolla in favour of a 17 Avensis.

The FN screens I have do not restrict movement but do restrict conversation.

Offline Belker

« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2020, 12:43:11 pm »
Good luck with the car it sounds great ya cant beat Toyota ....
Thank you Liam.

Offline Horse

« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2020, 12:55:38 pm »
The FN screens I have do not restrict movement but do restrict conversation.

How much are them screens ken if one is not an ambassador? The restriction of conversation would suit me as I work nights and most of them are talking gick anyway.  Cheers ken.

Offline Pugwat

• Valued Contributor
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2020, 02:02:34 pm »
Each to their own, but I’d hate to spend 30-80 hours a week in a breadvan, I’d much prefer to spend an extra €5-€10 a day for a bit of comfort

To put it in context my December 2012 wanked out French panel van will still be on the road until December 2027 and ken will have already replaced his new car that he’s getting.

You’d have a pain in your flute sitting in a brand new merc for 80 hours a week.

Difference is you are mechanically proficient, I sell/trade in my car shortly after it's first "non standard" repair (Clutch/DPF filter/Flywheel etc) or if I hear a new noise from the engine, these problems  begin the paranoia and I quickly replace it with a new(er) vehicle I can once again have confidence in.
I find being able to write off a large portion of my income against capital depreciation a big incentive in this regard, it certainly wouldn't be an option otherwise.
I guess you could say my job pays for my nice family car, which I couldn't afford with any other job ... relevant to my qualifications.
I would imagine your car spends more time on a low loader/ ramp than those of us whose vehicles are newer ...seems logical?
Like Panel I intend to get 10 years out of my van.
Unlike Panel I know F all about cars. In the 4 years I have it the biggest outlay  (not including servicing etc) was €300 for an exhaust.
Family car is not my work car.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2020, 02:04:50 pm »
Taxi driver in Cork a number of years ago was know as The man with no legs.
No one ever saw him out of his car.
Brilliant.  There's a 76 year old neighbour driving a cab. He only has one arm.
He's known locally  as The Bandit!

Offline Panel

• Wanked out French panel van driving scum.
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2020, 02:44:59 pm »
Each to their own, but I’d hate to spend 30-80 hours a week in a breadvan, I’d much prefer to spend an extra €5-€10 a day for a bit of comfort

To put it in context my December 2012 wanked out French panel van will still be on the road until December 2027 and ken will have already replaced his new car that he’s getting.

You’d have a pain in your flute sitting in a brand new merc for 80 hours a week.

Difference is you are mechanically proficient, I sell/trade in my car shortly after it's first "non standard" repair (Clutch/DPF filter/Flywheel etc) or if I hear a new noise from the engine, these problems  begin the paranoia and I quickly replace it with a new(er) vehicle I can once again have confidence in.
I find being able to write off a large portion of my income against capital depreciation a big incentive in this regard, it certainly wouldn't be an option otherwise.
I guess you could say my job pays for my nice family car, which I couldn't afford with any other job ... relevant to my qualifications.
I would imagine your car spends more time on a low loader/ ramp than those of us whose vehicles are newer ...seems logical?

You’d imagine wrong, the only time it was on a low loader in its life when it was being transported from the BCA auction house in Liverpool to the Dublin docks after me purchasing it sight unseen.

It suits certain fellas to buy a up the years motor to save on maintenance, it was just never me, the best ever was when I bought a 94 Carina from Merlin auctions for €250, got 4 years service out of it and was even prostituted out every now and again for €100pw. Different times.

Give this fella a watch he can be a bit crass but he’s 100% right in the main points https://youtu.be/NvZJb_ydvUk

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2020, 07:22:54 pm »

You’d imagine wrong, the only time it was on a low loader in its life when it was being transported from the BCA auction house in Liverpool to the Dublin docks after me purchasing it sight unseen.

It suits certain fellas to buy a up the years motor to save on maintenance, it was just never me, the best ever was when I bought a 94 Carina from Merlin auctions for €250, got 4 years service out of it and was even prostituted out every now and again for €100pw. Different times.

Give this fella a watch he can be a bit crass but he’s 100% right in the main points https://youtu.be/NvZJb_ydvUk

What he says is True, apart from the very generous tax relief we Taxi drivers get, I'd hate to be giving revenue the 4-5 grand a year, (I'd be paying 43% as my wife has all the tax relief}

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2020, 07:28:46 pm »
Roy yer tax argument is daft.You have to spend a lot to get small amount of tax back.

Even when I return to work I won't be overspending on a car to slightly reduce my tax bill.How about buying a car that doesn't have expensive maintenance bills?If it needs thousands spent on it every few years maybe it isn't fit for purpose as a working vehicle?

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2020, 08:31:39 pm »
Roy yer tax argument is daft.You have to spend a lot to get small amount of tax back.

Even when I return to work I won't be overspending on a car to slightly reduce my tax bill.How about buying a car that doesn't have expensive maintenance bills?If it needs thousands spent on it every few years maybe it isn't fit for purpose as a working vehicle?

I get that you're making more money than me because you have less expenses (mind you I don't have a mortgage ...it's paid) but I don't want to have to spend my time in a banger, the only time I really hated this job is when I was in a crap rental heap for a week, while my last car was in the panel beaters after an accident

« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2020, 08:47:39 pm »
Nah I'm deffo not making more as I barely work unlike yous lads but my break-even point is earlier.As the cash completely vanishes I'll spend a little more but not loads.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 08:54:21 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline Panel

• Wanked out French panel van driving scum.
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2020, 09:48:32 pm »
I’d guess that MFHs break even point is Tuesday afternoon, and then there are some lads who’s break even point is Friday morning at 3am.

I can see valid arguments for both sides, but I’d imagine it’s better to take a night off work to go for a pint or some other leisure activity than it is to have a 201 Skoda looking at ya in the driveway that needs it’s monthly installment paid.

« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2020, 10:48:03 pm »
Yeah Panel my car is paid off now about six years so I've had it easy.I had chances to change but resisted because I knew meant more hours.

If/When I upgrade next year I'll give myself about a year to clear it off then I'll go back to taking it easier again.The thoughts of a few years of loans isn't my idea of fun.Especially seeing how quick things can change.

I see the limo lads are looking for government aid on the news tonight.They're the extreme end of debt and they're screwed now that the airports are closed.

Show Unread Posts