Author Topic: New Toyota Corolla.  (Read 45740 times)

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
Re: New Toyota Corolla.
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2018, 09:15:58 am »
Cheers Hal, if given your choice of new Corolla would you go fer the 1.8 hybrid or 1.6 petrol ?

Same question to any other hybrid drivers on here ?

Petrols an hybrid
  be about as fashionable
As having aids Belker in 2020 wen yur buying...
We'll all be eco friendly then and the big brothers be banning all burning of anyting.....
Yull be going electric my friend
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Belker

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2018, 10:05:04 am »
2022.2 is my plan to buy new and I doubt that we will be all electric by then,
granted in time we defintely will be all electric but there's another Ten years to go yet.

I HOPE !!

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2018, 11:17:53 am »
@Ken,Gonna say 1.8 hybrid,been driving them since 06 and find them efficient, can't see myself buying new again,my current 2011 was four yrs old when i got it(2015) and it cost me 15k and i'll have it until 2021,a new one would have cost me double that but would only have got me an extra four years and like yourself i'm saving for my replacement car cos i don't want to be tied to monthly car repayments although i'll hopefully continue to save what i'm currently saving into the future,
I'd like to think i could go electric but as you say i think it's gonna be a few years yet,i want to be able to do a whole nights driving including the drive from Drog and back home again without the "fear"...or range anxiety as it's known...and then if i work 5 nights per week and constant recharging,what will the battery life be,i honestly don't think you'd get 10 yrs out of it and will the grants still be available?

Offline Belker

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2018, 11:47:58 am »
Thanks fer that Hal, I was leaning toward the 1.6 petrol because in reality 'I knew no better' and I have
never driven a Hybrid or Electric car and also I dispise any type of change !
But I suppose Hybrid is the way to go and also I much prefer the bigger 1.8 engine, thanks fer the advice.

I know my plan is not the most economic plan ever, but I'm 53 and a Half now and by 2022.2 I'll be 57.
And the thought of the new 'finance free' car gives me something to look forward to.
After 2022.2 I will continue to save in the unlikely event that I make it to 2032.2, but this will be my
last New car as after 2032.2 there won't be much point in me looking fer another car to last Ten years
as I most definately wont !

Offline Belker

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2018, 11:56:45 am »
I really don't fancy the idea of Electric either, I would often have young lads in the cab ask me what I think about going Electric ?
I tell 'em; "There a coming, you will be driving 'em in a few years time and I won't ! Because I'll be Fookin Dead and ya can Fookin have 'em !"

Offline Jack Meoff

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2018, 12:09:03 pm »
Has your bean counter ever advised you that you would pay a lot less tax if you changed your car.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2018, 12:16:14 pm »
Diesel.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2018, 12:24:01 pm »
Has your bean counter ever advised you that you would pay a lot less tax if you changed your car.

The last time i spoke with her i raised that question and it's something i'll deal with,my tax liability was higher this year cos the missus practically worked full-time last year,so far this year she's only worked her normal job share hours so i'll be able to use her unused tax credits for the 2018 tax year returns(2019)...it's good to be tax efficient!!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2018, 12:30:44 pm »
Bit more earned income allowance next year... Don't forget any medical expenses given that you mentioned the Mrs having some treatment, etc...

Offline Belker

« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2018, 12:37:40 pm »
Diesel.
Naw ! Diesel is a Dead Duck, the Pink 'n Fluffies are constantly lobbying against it,
and these days the Pink 'n Fluffies always get what they want.
London and Paris and 6 other major european cities already have plans in place to
eradicate the diesel engine and many more including ourselves will follow suit shortly.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2018, 01:33:09 pm »
Between Ken and the Erm yis have started about 59 threads over two forums in the last 5 years asking which fuel should I go for.Neither of yis are ready to change or have enough saved to do so.Bleeding time burglars...

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2018, 02:23:02 pm »
Bit more earned income allowance next year... Don't forget any medical expenses given that you mentioned the Mrs having some treatment, etc...

Indeed...Laya paid for all her hospital treatment,she has a couple of doctor visits of which Laya pay half,so i claim the other half at my tax rate,also claim for some prescriptions that she got......ye don't have to pay for doctor certs anymore,it's included in the whole sick pay thingy.

Offline Belker

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2018, 03:29:54 pm »
Between Ken and the Erm yis have started about 59 threads over two forums in the last 5 years asking which fuel should I go for.Neither of yis are ready to change or have enough saved to do so.Bleeding time burglars...
So what's wrong with asking fer a birra professional advice on subjects ?
I usually Pin-point exactly whom I need to or ask advice from,
but I usually do it publicy so others may benifit also.

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2018, 03:49:50 pm »
We've been down this path before.Same questions different day.Funny ya never asked for advice when ya stickered up yer motor.

Ya seem like the type of bloke who does what he wants despite any good advice yer given.

In case ya don't understand the new Corrolla is practically the same, perhaps even smaller than a Prius.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 04:10:40 pm by mercenary for hire »

Offline Belker

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2018, 04:30:14 pm »
We've been down this path before.Same questions different day.Funny ya never asked for advice when ya stickered up yer motor......

I didn't ask fer any advice on here about 'Stickering up' because I was totally opposed to the idea of it at First, but then a good friend of mine pointed out all the good points of it to me and I was still sceptical of it, but then he told me of his weekly intake and I was SOLD !!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 04:50:49 pm by Belker »

Show Unread Posts