Author Topic: New Toyota Corolla.  (Read 45741 times)

Offline C5

Re: New Toyota Corolla.
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2018, 11:33:03 pm »
That day of French cars being unreliable are long gone, I've driven a few to know as I dipped in and out of owning them, the last two have been prof of the improvement, 637,000 miles and 197,000 miles so far, sure the Toyota aygo and proace van are really the Peugeot 1008 and the expert van with Toyota badges on them, if they were that bad Toyota would have stayed away.
Toyota seems to be losing its shine with taxi drivers in Galway, I see more vw, Skoda, ford, Renault, Peugeot, Citroen, dacia, merc and Audi around even a few more bmw. I know a few avensis with snapped timing chains, injectors problems belching out smoke, I've even noticed the quality of paint work on them after a few years the clear coat peeling off on the front nose, bonnet and boot even on the tops of the door panels, what's the story there. I've worked on vag cars with no problems, those torxs bits and stuff is easily available on mickgarage.ie and halfords, its where I got my stuff. I think its drivers wanting to stand out from the crowd changing brand getting more confident and to draw the customers eye to their taxi cause all the Africans are in Toyotas, remember the green light thing in Dublin will this is like it, don't flag the Toyota its probably an African. :-)

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2018, 11:53:32 pm »
Toyotas are relatively expensive secondhand.Drivers are making a few quid again so they don't mind taking a chance on something different that might be better value.Variety is good I suppose.I'm busy enough not to be wanting the customers with notions me motor.My last taxi was a 2000 Primera so the Prius is luxurious by comparison.The next heap will most likely be full electric or a rickshaw.

Just thinking I wonder is the build quality of the Toyota worse on the ones built in the Uk.The Carina was a simpler car but built in Japan.Prius was built in Japan along with all of the Lexuses.The Japs seem to take pride in their work.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwirtsDd6freAhUHBcAKHYNnA2EQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.independent.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fjapanese-cars-made-in-uk-are-less-reliable-than-imports-survey-shows-1143267.html&psig=AOvVaw0n1HmgRSEpYoINy4aH_58_&ust=1543622948790061
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 12:12:22 am by mercenary for hire »

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2018, 07:36:05 am »
All the recalls for Toyota are down to outsourcing. Actually, several marques were assembled in France. The only Jap part now in a Toyota is the engine. I would agree with C5 about the French cars having improved reliability but they I hear they're still dodgy electrically. Toyota have shot themselves in both feet over the yrs with all these recalls...........and how does anyone afford to keep an Audi on the road?

Offline Belker

« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2018, 10:12:14 am »
Belker, far more comfortable and interesting cars out there plus the reliability thing is a legacy thing with Toyota. You only live once.
Thanks C5. I have either driven or owned almost every type of car under the sun to include me Mum's crock of a Mini back in the Eighties to a Maserati Quattro fer an old regular base client and fer me Toyota works, it's comfortable, it's reliable and most important fer me is that I know where all the buttons are and what they do. I don't like change, I don't want to have to learn where or what all the new buttons on a car are.
It's bad enough these days that on an almost weekly basis we have to deal with up-dates or up-grades from IOS, MyTaxi, Microsoft, Firefox browser or Outlook express and I only bluff my way through all the up-dates praying that I did hit the right button !

Offline TheDevilHimself

« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2018, 01:14:20 pm »
Be the first to the all-new 191 Rav4, Camry, Corolla, Hatchback and Touring Sports at an exclusive RSVP event on Dec 13 at the Clayton Hotel Burlington Road Dublin 4 To RSVP  Click Here  https://goo.gl/KsBvo9 or call us  C&K Blackrock  at (01) 2888624

(Bring tissues)
Six legs good, four legs bad!

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2018, 06:39:08 am »
Most people have lives...........stop taking the piss, Diablo..... lol

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2018, 03:26:08 pm »
Speak for yourself.

Offline Belker

« Reply #67 on: July 09, 2020, 09:40:12 pm »
Fer anyone interested, my 'Seven year plan' was put in to place about 4 years ago, shortly after the NTA introduced the Ten year limit on Saloon plates, thankfully as an 08 driver I got the once off 'Golden' 15 year rule exemption, and then I had a long think about how to finance my next vehicle.

So I opened a Second online 'Car' bank account about Four years ago, and the First bill that I pay every Sunday morning is 80 notes in to my Car account in the hope that in another 3 years time I will be able to buy a new Joe, Finance free, No Rental charges, No Bank charges.

It's not the best plan in the world, a better more economical plan would be to buy a second hand yoke every Five years or so, but fer me my plan works and I fully intent to drive around Cork city in my new 2022.2 Corolla with a FOOKIN ERECTION !

'POOF'  Blink once and the plan is gone !

I dipped in to the fund last year fer the first time ever and dipping in again the Second time was easy,
and then after a very lazy Jan and Feb Covid came upon us and I had to dip again.

The Dream was gone !

john m

« Reply #68 on: July 09, 2020, 09:44:14 pm »
plenty of part worn motors will flood the market Ken when people lose their jobs 5k should set you up .

Offline Belker

« Reply #69 on: July 09, 2020, 09:55:07 pm »
I was never going to make it to 28K fer the new Corolla Hybrid, but it kinda didn't worry me as a used Avensis would be my kinda preferred option. I had a peep at Carzone, 171C Avensis Sol, Granite Grey, 18K and thought; "That's my Bitch" !
Collecting it on Monday, Paid in Cash, Suitability on Wednesday.

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2020, 10:03:10 pm »
I was never going to make it to 28K fer the new Corolla Hybrid, but it kinda didn't worry me as a used Avensis would be my kinda preferred option. I had a peep at Carzone, 171C Avensis Sol, Granite Grey, 18K and thought; "That's my Bitch" !

Well wear Ken.

john m

« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2020, 10:06:26 pm »

is the NCT in date 90 days

Offline Belker

« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2020, 10:11:59 pm »

Well wear Ken.
Thank you Lizzzy.

Offline Belker

« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2020, 10:20:38 pm »

Yes, (Long story) but they NCT'd it fer me yesterday.

How else could I get a suitability date without it ?

Offline Lizzzy

« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2020, 11:08:27 pm »

Yes, (Long story) but they NCT'd it fer me yesterday.

How else could I get a suitability date without it ?

It must have come from the UK if it hadn't an NCT ?

Show Unread Posts