Author Topic: The Brexodus  (Read 354083 times)

john m

Re: The Brexodus
« Reply #1425 on: October 09, 2019, 12:50:01 pm »
I heard on the grapevine there is talk of a deal being struck on the basis of a norn iron  only backstop being agreed on a TIME LIMITED 5 TEAR PLAN. If this is the case, is this not a betrayal of Ireland by the EU ? .... John ?

NO the government  would need to approve .Bottom line I think the Brits dont want any deal as Boris cant get a deal through Parliament .Britain is Addicted to Brexit and overdose is inevitable .

dalymount

« Reply #1426 on: October 09, 2019, 02:04:18 pm »
I can't figure this. Boris says they are leaving on the 31st,the Benn Surender act says he must ask for an extension, Boris says no, the only conclusion I can think is, Boris has received legal advice on  how to circumvent the surrender bill, and he won't reveal it till it's to late to rush legislation through parliment to counteract it

john m

« Reply #1427 on: October 09, 2019, 02:58:35 pm »
I can't figure this. Boris says they are leaving on the 31st,the Benn Surender act says he must ask for an extension, Boris says no, the only conclusion I can think is, Boris has received legal advice on  how to circumvent the surrender bill, and he won't reveal it till it's to late to rush legislation through parliment to counteract it

I dont know if this is possible .Boris porogues Parliament for a day or two then the Queen enters the Lords and reads out the Queens Speech stating the governments policy for the next session .The Queen says that Britain Leave the EU on the 31st .Now Parliament has to vote on the Queens Speech and the Tories will lose that vote .Now is where it gets complicated .If a Government fails to get a Queens Speach passed then that government loses power but then you have the fixed Parliament act that says Corbyn has 14 days to form a government that would be reduced by time constraints as Britain leave on the 31st .If Boris and his government resign after losing the Queens Speach vote then there is only a CARETAKER Prime minister not a Prime Minister and the Surrender act says the PRIME MINISTER must ask for an extention not the CARETAKER .Subtle difference but enough difference for Boris not to ask and if Corbyn cant and I dont think he can form a government Brexit is done and followed by a general election as there is no government in place .

Put this up a few days ago since then Parliament has been Porogued until Monday .Now if the Queen says My Government WillLeave the EU on the 31st that is government policy .Next step is the Queens Speach MUST be approved by Parliament that will fail Boris then says as he cannot set a political agenda that he and his government resign .That means Corbyn has until midnight on the 31st to form a government and ask for an extension Boris will still be CARETAKER Prime Minister the Surrender act says THE PRIME MINISTER NOT THE CARETAKER PRIME MINISTER MUST ASK .Effectively if Corbyn cant form a government then Britain has NO Prime Minister to make the request and britain leave as described by Law on the 31st .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #1428 on: October 09, 2019, 04:07:25 pm »
I think Boris tried to explain that apparent contradiction, DM. In the first instance his only interest is himself, that's how he became aligned to the leave campaign in the first place. To that end he says a lot of things that a particular audience at a particular time want to hear e.g Ulster WILL remain British FOREVER under The Conservative and Unionist party and, of course, he'd prefer his corpse (presumably after being flattened by construction machinery preparing the new runway at Eefrow) to be found in a ditch (perhaps a ditch dug as part of the preparation of said runway) than to ask for an extension. Moreover, there is nothing to stop him asking for an extension in any tone of his choosing e.g. he could qualify such a request with a clear statement that his position (negotiating position, not his flattened corpse in a ditch) will not change in any circumstance. Hence Europe would have to refuse the request.

john m

« Reply #1429 on: October 09, 2019, 04:12:57 pm »
Dear Europe .
    Gis an extension so I can go take a big long shit and then throw it at you .

Respectfully Yours ,

Alexander Boris Fallaffel Johnston MP .Prime Minister .All around Good Guy lover of cheap slutty women ,Cyclist Blond Bombshell .

dalymount

« Reply #1430 on: October 09, 2019, 04:38:33 pm »
But they might grant an extension just to piss Boris off did ya ever see the clip where Boris meets Frank Spencer, and as they are parting Frank says bye byeDoris ? Very funny

john m

« Reply #1431 on: October 09, 2019, 04:42:03 pm »
Boris or Bukaki BoBo as he is effectionatly known in the EU is getting dripped on by his own party and the opposition ,no need for Europe to do anything Boris will be destroyed by his own Parliament .

dalymount

« Reply #1432 on: October 09, 2019, 04:52:13 pm »
Hate to say it, but ya could be right his only chance is to join with Nigel Farage

john m

« Reply #1433 on: October 09, 2019, 05:52:31 pm »
Hate to say it, but ya could be right his only chance is to join with Nigel Farage

Farages price would be too high possibly demand no 10

Offline watty

« Reply #1434 on: October 09, 2019, 06:37:21 pm »
Story in today's London Independent (I think) laying out a possible route for Boris to win.

It went something like:
1. An election is too risky for him since he'll be attacked on all sides (incl Farage) and the Conservatives might not get a majority.
2. He does ask for an extension but plays the martyr saying he was forced into it.
3. He goes for a referendum (in or out) and he could probably win that.  The Conservatives might come back together & Farage can't really fight against him.  No election so Boris stays as PM which is all he cares about - he doesn't really care about Brexit - it's just a means to an end for him.

john m

« Reply #1435 on: October 09, 2019, 06:49:57 pm »
Story in today's London Independent (I think) laying out a possible route for Boris to win.

It went something like:
1. An election is too risky for him since he'll be attacked on all sides (incl Farage) and the Conservatives might not get a majority.
2. He does ask for an extension but plays the martyr saying he was forced into it.
3. He goes for a referendum (in or out) and he could probably win that.  The Conservatives might come back together & Farage can't really fight against him.  No election so Boris stays as PM which is all he cares about - he doesn't really care about Brexit - it's just a means to an end for him.

If they voted again I think they would remain .

Offline watty

« Reply #1436 on: October 09, 2019, 07:18:02 pm »
Hard to know, the 'leave' side are nasty people...  They won't hesitate to tell a few 'untruths' to get what they want...  The scary thing is how so many people believe the propaganda.

Just from today.  No.10 leaked their version of the phone call with Merkel.  Everyone immediately said that's not Merkel's style.  But the Leave side took it and ran a propaganda story.  No blame on No.10 which are one step removed from the story.  The Leave side did apologise after the backlash but the story and & the poster is out there now.  There's plenty of Little Englanders who lap up this stuff.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #1437 on: October 09, 2019, 08:20:53 pm »
3. He goes for a referendum (in or out) and he could probably win that.

How would you define win, in or out or is it a win-win scenario?

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #1438 on: October 09, 2019, 08:32:36 pm »
If they voted again I think they would remain .

I was on the mainland (in London) at the weekend for a party. I've no doubt London would vote remain... as one lady I was chatting with pointed out Boris will probably make history in not winning a single parliamentary vote in his first term as Prime Minister (Taoiseach) and it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he could become the first sitting Prime Minister (Taoiseach) to lose his seat at the next election since WW1... given that his constituency is overwhelmingly remain, substantially opposed to the new runway and supportive of anti-Govt climate change protests.

dalymount

« Reply #1439 on: October 09, 2019, 09:47:03 pm »
How can people keep saying in 2016 people didn't know what they were voting for ? The people of the UK clearly voted to leave because of immigration. No lies were told to them as remainers would have us believe, they could clearly see their country being taken over by nigg.rs,Muslims, pakis, etc I say fair play to them for wanting to take back control of their borders. This country should do likewise, but because of the do gooders, and the bleeding hearts brigade that's unlikely to ever happen

Show Unread Posts