Author Topic: The Brexodus  (Read 354136 times)

dalymount

Re: The Brexodus
« Reply #390 on: April 18, 2019, 11:14:57 pm »
Bob ill make this point to you like I have made to others.the general grip the remainners keep saying is that the electorate were lied to by the leave campaign .they say they were lied to about money that the NHS  and other institutions would now receive as a result of not having to pay the unelected bureaucrats in Brussels anymore.the fact is ,the British people did vote to leave the EU based on these promises,they voted to leave the European union based on IMMIGRATION and THAT was the fundamental reason for them voting leave.they did not need anyone like Nigel,or Boris influencing them in that regard,they could clearly see their country being invaded by illegal immigrants,muslims,Africans,etc etc

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #391 on: April 18, 2019, 11:23:04 pm »
That may well be true DM, particularly among the less educated "working classes"... which goes back to my earlier observation i.e. leaving and maintaining immigration at it's current level or increasing the level may suit some Brexiteers but probably isn't what the majority want. Hence should some form of brexit be agreed in parliament it needs to be put to the people to ensure it meets with their expectations.

dalymount

« Reply #392 on: April 19, 2019, 12:13:30 am »
Totally disagree with ya rat.the fact is to put this nack tp the people,would be a complete deniel of democracy,although having said that,im afraid they have already crossedthat bridge when they did not fulfil the mandate they were given to leave on 29/03/2019

john m

« Reply #393 on: April 19, 2019, 06:41:15 am »

dalymount

« Reply #394 on: April 19, 2019, 09:45:46 am »
John I dont condone this for one minute,but I cannot see the connection between this kind of mindless violence,and the mandate to leave the EU not being upheld

john m

« Reply #395 on: April 19, 2019, 10:37:01 am »
Did Citizens of Northren Ireland vote to leave the EU when they exercised their Democratic vote ?Did Scotland vote to leave ?Did Gibraltar isle of Man Gurnsey Jersey vote to leave .England and the pribcipality of Wales voted to leave .

dalymount

« Reply #396 on: April 19, 2019, 01:12:26 pm »
Yes and collectively England,and Wales  votes outweigh the combined votes of Northern Ireland ,Scotland,and Gibraltar,together and that is how the kind of democracy that im familiar with is supposed to work,or am I wrong ?

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #397 on: April 19, 2019, 02:37:46 pm »
Britain is enjoying a respite from BREXIT, not so Irish Taxi drivers who can't decide whether to work or not!

dalymount

« Reply #398 on: April 19, 2019, 02:44:49 pm »
I have no doubt ill be working ,but only after tonight match. against UCD

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #399 on: April 19, 2019, 02:52:54 pm »
I have no doubt ill be working ,but only after tonight match. against UCD
BO-WES BO-WES, De NORTSIDE DE NORTSIDE!! 8)

dalymount

« Reply #400 on: April 19, 2019, 04:44:06 pm »
We are playing the scum from tallaght on tuesday as well.

Offline watty

« Reply #401 on: April 19, 2019, 06:31:35 pm »
Yes and collectively England,and Wales  votes outweigh the combined votes of Northern Ireland ,Scotland,and Gibraltar,together and that is how the kind of democracy that im familiar with is supposed to work,or am I wrong ?
Gibraltar has slipped under the radar for a lot of people in the Brexit debate.  It's the second border that the UK has with the EU.  And after the UK leaves the EU, the EU will be honour-bound to support Spain in its desire to get Gibraltar back from the British.  There's a lot of other 'little' things that complicate Brexit as explained in this article...

Gibraltar after Brexit: why Spain, not Ireland will decide the UK’s fate

...This is the question of Gibraltar, which encapsulates many of the concerns that will haunt UK-EU relations once Brexit has taken place. It is one of the rare examples of a land border between Britain and the EU, and a site of extensive cross-border movement. Every day, roughly 10,000 Spanish workers travel to Gibraltar (population 33,000) to work, mainly from the Spanish town of La Línea de la Concepción.

Gibraltar is also an example of how tightly interdependent Britain is with certain EU countries. Britain is one of Spain’s largest economic partners. Gibraltar is a hub for the finance and insurance industries, online gambling and gaming.

At the same time, Gibraltar offers a glimpse of the pressure points in future UK-EU relations. Since Gibraltar opted out of the EU customs union in 1972, it has set much lower taxes than its European neighbour. It has, for example, a corporate tax rate of 10%, compared to Spain’s 25%. As a result, Spain has long regarded Gibraltar as a de facto tax haven, resenting its parasitical existence on its southern border. Gibraltar is, nevertheless, part of the European single market.

john m

« Reply #402 on: April 20, 2019, 01:00:10 pm »
British x pats living in Spain after Brexit will have to get a resedentia and register for tax .As Britain will be outside the EU british pensions will be treated as overseas earnings and become taxable .Read somewhere that  80% of British x pats living in other EU countries actually voted to leave .

dalymount

« Reply #403 on: April 20, 2019, 03:08:39 pm »
John there is no need for any remainers tothe worry themselves,brexit will never happen the obstructionist will see to that,just like they prevented brexit from happening on the 29/03/2019 ,,the same day as democracy died

dalymount

« Reply #404 on: June 10, 2019, 02:08:57 pm »
I see Jeremy Hunt says Angla Merkle told the EU will negotiate a new deal,if thats the case wait and see do they hang Ireland out to dry

Show Unread Posts