Author Topic: Here we go again  (Read 17890 times)

dalymount

Re: Here we go again
« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2019, 04:35:13 pm »
I don't drink nor never did Ken, but I know a little about addiction. A wise man once told me something that I have always held on to. He said to me , until you have walked in another man's shoes, do not judge him. God knows I fail I this all the time, but it's nice to remind myself of it from time to time. regarding the addicted people in the streets, I have a favourate one liner that means a lot to me. and I think of it when I see other addicted people who think bad of themselves when in the hight of it and it's this. IM NOT A BAD PERSON TRYING TO BE GOOD, IM JUST A SICK PERSON TRYING TO GET WELL

Online Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2019, 06:21:03 pm »
I don't drink nor never did Ken, but I know a little about addiction. A wise man once told me something that I have always held on to. He said to me , until you have walked in another man's shoes, do not judge him. God knows I fail I this all the time, but it's nice to remind myself of it from time to time. regarding the addicted people in the streets, I have a favourate one liner that means a lot to me. and I think of it when I see other addicted people who think bad of themselves when in the hight of it and it's this. IM NOT A BAD PERSON TRYING TO BE GOOD, IM JUST A SICK PERSON TRYING TO GET WELL

Well said daily ...it was the recession dun me in  not drink an half a million taxis

But I can tell ya I opened a bottle or 2 after .... but for the assistance of others......ide of ended up dead on the streets or a suicide I've absolutely no doubt bout that....I've heard me customers few times sayin ....look at the poor homeless and someone interrupts an says ....
They all have addictions and are  alcoholic ....its not true.....bit like all taxi men are robbin bastards......
Lot people have no idea about luck...luck of birth  ,location, parents,etc .....wrong time wrong place etcetera etcetera.
Ken got greater assistance than hes pretendin..
Notwithstanding..ther is a begging industry out there that I became aware of wen I brought one them green regulars to a nice house off Griffith Avenue wit bout 8 Tesco bags
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 06:24:51 pm by Octavia1 »
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

Offline Belker

« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2019, 08:54:03 am »
I did get a lot of assistance Octy and I have never pretended otherwise but not from family, that was very limited.
The one man who went over and above and most likely saved me was actually a Taxi base owner and renter.
All I had to do was work, and I did, and he greased all the wheels fer me.

The scum on the street that I refer to don't want to work, then don't want help, they just want to drink and use and get paid and fed by the state to do it !
Indeed but fer the Grace of Gob, but the help IS THERE FER THEM but they just don't want it !

dalymount

« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2019, 09:06:35 am »
It's not that they don't want it Ken, most people in their unfortunate situation believe they are beyond redemptionBUT THEY ARE NOT they have lost hope . They need to know there is no such thing as a hopeless case

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2019, 09:14:13 am »
Lots of them lads have mental health issues that are separate from the addictions.I can't imagine anyone choosing to sleep in A doorway unless there's somebody or something they're avoiding in a hostel.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 09:28:49 am by mercenary for hire »

Offline Belker

« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2019, 09:35:43 am »
Lots of them lads have mental health issues that are separate from the addictions.I can't imagine anyone choosing to sleep in A doorway unless there's somebody or something they're avoiding in a hostel.
There is plenty of wards there fer those with mental health issues, but they cannot hold them there against their will.

Offline Belker

« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2019, 09:42:10 am »
It's not that they don't want it Ken, most people in their unfortunate situation believe they are beyond redemptionBUT THEY ARE NOT they have lost hope . They need to know there is no such thing as a hopeless case
Totally agreed DM, but they do not come forward seeking help, they prefer the life on the street drinking and drugging, getting paid a Deuce a week by the state and getting fed fer free in the various charity centers.
Personally I would take a much harder line with these street scum, no way should they be allowed to fall about our city streets all day long.

« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2019, 09:58:03 am »
I get homeless lads in car sometimes.Lots have had shitty childhoods or fell foul of a marriage break up.I'm not talking about getting bullied for being a ginger...I mean sexually abused when they were kids.Poor bastads.

I don't give money to them or like to see them on the streets either.If people stopped giving them money they'd have to go into the system.We've a lot of homeless up from the bog because begging is more lucrative up here.Some beggars are not even homeless.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #113 on: December 03, 2019, 10:01:26 am »
I get homeless lads in car sometimes.Lots have had shitty childhoods or fell foul of a marriage break up.I'm not talking about getting bullied for being a ginger...I mean sexually abused when they were kids.Poor bastads.

I don't give money to them or like to see them on the streets either.If people stopped giving them money they'd have to go into the system.We've a lot of homeless up from the bog because begging is more lucrative up here.Some beggars are not even homeless.
They wont be begging for long , cashless society on the way
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2019, 10:05:06 am »
I've been told some of the tappers in London have card machines right now.Thats not a spoof.Sumup readers are only a score anyway.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2019, 10:14:35 am »
I've been told some of the tappers in London have card machines right now.Thats not a spoof.Sumup readers are only a score anyway.
Ah FFS what is the world coming to

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #116 on: December 03, 2019, 10:58:14 am »
Taxable income.

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2019, 12:00:52 pm »
Taxable income.
Even for the Tappers/Beggars ?

Offline vandriver

« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2019, 12:05:15 pm »
I heard this morning that charity buckets are now being fitted with Sumup machines!

« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2019, 12:06:43 pm »
If you get a receipt it's probably tax-deductible for the donor.

Show Unread Posts