Author Topic: UBER  (Read 20733 times)

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
Re: UBER
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2017, 03:41:27 pm »
Would it still be allowed to use licensed minicabs in the UK and licensed hackneys/limousines as mytaxi does here if it is judged to be a transport firm and, if so, would those minicabs/hackneys/limousines be subject to maximum price regulation?

john m

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2017, 03:57:08 pm »
Would it still be allowed to use licensed minicabs in the UK and licensed hackneys/limousines as mytaxi does here if it is judged to be a transport firm and, if so, would those minicabs/hackneys/limousines be subject to maximum price regulation?

I believe they would not be restricted I observed in one tread where mytaxi had an initial 4 euro  charge while taxies did not charge 4 euro on tarriff 1 so the answer to your question is in practice only  licenced taxies  are bound by the fare card while  licenced hacks are not bound  by the  farecard IF the ECJ was to fudge the issue then im sure Mytaxi would exploit their data base and distribute the work between both licenced taxies and ridesharers with possibly a little icon on the hail app to express a prefrence for a taxi or a ridesharer .Any hoo as I type the ECJ have signilled that UBER is a Transport provider so would have to meet most or possibly some local restrictions .
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 04:05:51 pm by john m »

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2017, 05:16:32 pm »
Malahide to College Green in snow. I don't know about Birmingham but that's a day's work in Dublin... and a fukking doctor who has no problem taking 60 notes for writing a couple of words on a prescription would happily give a hackney/limousine driver €30.

I would'nt be averse to giving gouging criminals a taste of their own medicine but it'll be the same story on new year's eve in perfect weather for regular civilians. I've been to a GP 3 times in my life and each time it's been a disaster. Treated like an arsehole.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2017, 08:06:58 pm »
Nightclubs will be charging treble on the door, restaurants will have special menus, etc... Why shouldn't we be allowed charge a premium?

... and what about the men who work Christmas day?

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2017, 09:19:40 pm »
6 times the price?
Would you pay €30 for a pint of gargle.
we do charge premium baby on Christmas day, but we don't scalp cunts.
this is why regulated taxis with meters were invented in the first place, to prevent scum going out in a car and robbing people.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2017, 09:28:22 pm »
Price elasticity of supply and demand. If there's a shortage of taxis the metered fare obviously isn't enough to get drivers working. I wouldn't pay €30 for a pint but many will pay that and probably more to get into a nightclub. Treble fare with a minimum €50 would seem fair for Christmas day. How much do you reckon a plumber would charge just to call out and scratch his head on Christmas day?

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2017, 09:46:12 pm »
6 times the price?
Would you pay €30 for a pint of gargle.
we do charge premium baby on Christmas day, but we don't scalp cunts.
this is why regulated taxis with meters were invented in the first place, to prevent scum going out in a car and robbing people.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/jalopnik.com/uber-is-sorry-for-charging-a-rider-over-14-000-for-a-2-1821227602/amp#ampshare=https://jalopnik.com/uber-is-sorry-for-charging-a-rider-over-14-000-for-a-2-1821227602

What about 14 000 for 20 min

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2017, 09:57:25 pm »
Price elasticity of supply and demand. If there's a shortage of taxis the metered fare obviously isn't enough to get drivers working. I wouldn't pay €30 for a pint but many will pay that and probably more to get into a nightclub. Treble fare with a minimum €50 would seem fair for Christmas day. How much do you reckon a plumber would charge just to call out and scratch his head on Christmas day?

I had a lovely woman last Saturday. Fare was €13 and she handed me two tenners. Keep the change she said. Not at all. I battled to give her a fiver back. But that's just me.

Offline Belker

« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2017, 06:25:47 am »
I had a lovely woman last Saturday. Fare was €13 and she handed me two tenners. Keep the change she said. Not at all. I battled to give her a fiver back. But that's just me.

I had a similar fare last weekend, 3 auld lads, the first fella gave me a Tenner on exiting
and the last Two lads got out together a good bit further on, the fare came to 24 n' odd
and I asked fer only 14 as the First lad had paid a Tenner.
Yer-man-o hands me a Score note and a Fiver, I too battled to give him back the Fiver
but he wasn't having it !

Offline Belker

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2017, 06:30:29 am »
Nightclubs will be charging treble on the door, restaurants will have special menus, etc... Why shouldn't we be allowed charge a premium?

... and what about the men who work Christmas day?

That's just Greed charging those prices. I always work on Christmas night (Hailo/Mytaxi hops !)
I find the Chrimbo rate and the exceptional tips to be enough to work fer

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2017, 07:29:23 am »

The known unknowns and the unknown knowns rears its head again.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2017, 12:42:09 pm »
That's just Greed charging those prices. I always work on Christmas night (Hailo/Mytaxi hops !)
I find the Chrimbo rate and the exceptional tips to be enough to work fer

It's business. The reason mytaxi/Uber hops is that there's an imbalance between supply and demand. Increasing prices increases supply and reduces demand to achieve correlation. That's how Uber's system works elsewhere and how it should work here. Similarly, €50 minimum fare on Christmas day would encourage drivers to work and wouldn't bother riders. Ryanair charges hundreds of euros on Christmas Eve for journeys that are €20-23 when demand is low.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 12:46:55 pm by Rat Catcher »

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2017, 08:47:07 am »
EU court of justice says Uber is a taxi service, I'm sure the Erm will figure out some way of turning this into a disaster

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2017, 10:58:20 am »
So, as a taxi service, I guess it can't use hackneys or limousines?

john m

« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2017, 11:05:37 am »
EU court of justice says Uber is a taxi service, I'm sure the Erm will figure out some way of turning this into a disaster

Read the whole judgement Roy .They are a TRANSPORT company so they can use Limos .Hacks private hires should be boom time for those lads .Now that Mytaxi and UBER can trow them work .UP side for us UBER might now trow around millions in free vouchers and bonus payments to win customers from Mytaxi .

Show Unread Posts