Author Topic: UBER  (Read 20540 times)

john m

Re: UBER
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 03:54:36 pm »
Back on topic does the governments proposed bill mean that the likes of deliveroo or UBER will have to guarantee working hours and minimum pay or can they get off the hook by saying that operators are sole traders or is it just window dressing that wont make fuck all difference .

Would we get guaranteed wages from Uber, mytaxi, Whistle and Flag?

Different we are not working exclusively for anybody we can cove our own work but if rideshare was introduced legally you would be indentured to the app provider bit like the British court decision where they ruled that UBERISTS were employees and entitled to minimum and holiday scheckles .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 03:56:57 pm »
The majority of Uber drivers in London are aligned to local bases as well. All are licensed to work for any or as many app and/or minicab firms as they please... same as us.

john m

john m

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2017, 12:00:40 pm »
BIG DECISION NEXT WEEK ..IS UBER A TAXI FIRM OR A TECH FIRM . a critical decision at Europe’s highest court  that will determine its regulatory future in Europe. A week on Wednesday, the European Court of Justice (ECJ) will decide whether Uber should qualify as a technology or transport company, a decision that may see it bound to strict local taxi regulations.

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2017, 01:25:01 pm »
BIG DECISION NEXT WEEK ..IS UBER A TAXI FIRM OR A TECH FIRM . a critical decision at Europe’s highest court  that will determine its regulatory future in Europe. A week on Wednesday, the European Court of Justice (ECJ) will decide whether Uber should qualify as a technology or transport company, a decision that may see it bound to strict local taxi regulations.

Did it not alteady do thst

john m

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2017, 01:48:06 pm »

No they issued a directive but that is not the final judgement .IF its a tech company then they dont need to use licenced vehicles .I wonder if mytaxi got inside info and if they might say they are a tec company but compromise and say all drivers may  be licenced by the national authority ,Rat posted a message from my taxi inviting people to come and work for them if they complete their 8 week course twords getting a psv driving licence seems strange to train drivers if you dont have the taxies for them to drive .As you know I always thought rideshare would be legal before the end of the year .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2017, 02:23:10 pm »
So, will the rideshare drivers be entitled to guaranteed wages from Uber, mytaxi, Flag, Whistle, Lyft, Via and Taxify? Half a dozen plus minimum wage packets without putting the motor into first gear isn't to be coughed at.

john m

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2017, 02:39:19 pm »
So, will the rideshare drivers be entitled to guaranteed wages from Uber, mytaxi, Flag, Whistle, Lyft, Via and Taxify? Half a dozen plus minimum wage packets without putting the motor into first gear isn't to be coughed at.

Im sure mytaxi could divert enough TAXI work to rideshare drivers to guarentee 9 and change an hour to civilian drivers before commission and costs.You wont be boasting about all the bonus cash you earned while you built  their data base for them .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2017, 02:44:48 pm »
... but will the rideshare drivers be entitled to the tenner/hour from all the other firms they're aligned to as well? With a guaranteed ton an hour my roof sign will be in the green bin.

Do you still believe that we should support mytaxi to the exclusion of all other firms or are you starting to realise that competition would be desirable, erm?

john m

« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2017, 02:55:35 pm »
Im sure if rideshare is allowed the app providers will guarentee a wage only if you cover 100% of job offers while logged on  so that should contain your concerns Im also sure logoritms will prevent over regestering of drivers unless work is available .But you could possibly log on in leitrim and never get a job and clain the hourly .IF rideshare is allowed im sure the insurance industry will help us out be increasing public hire insurance to astronomical levels .

Offline mercenary for hire

« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2017, 03:22:54 pm »
Astronomical...Erm you should get a job in NASA you know all the terminology...

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2017, 10:50:09 pm »

No they issued a directive but that is not the final judgement .IF its a tech company then they dont need to use licenced vehicles .I wonder if mytaxi got inside info and if they might say they are a tec company but compromise and say all drivers may  be licenced by the national authority ,Rat posted a message from my taxi inviting people to come and work for them if they complete their 8 week course twords getting a psv driving licence seems strange to train drivers if you dont have the taxies for them to drive .As you know I always thought rideshare would be legal before the end of the year .

Did u pay belker yet

Offline Belker

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2017, 10:46:16 am »

Did u pay belker yet

To be Fair to the man, he did indeed.

Offline Belker

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2017, 10:59:03 am »

One paragraph and you use the word 'IF' Five times !

'IF' my Aunty had Balls, then she would have been my Uncle !

john m

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2017, 11:18:47 am »

One paragraph and you use the word 'IF' Five times !

'IF' my Aunty had Balls, then she would have been my Uncle !

I thought if was important to for clarity. IF there is any ambiguity it MIGHT not be great for us IF they are a tec company then they are free to set up in business irrespective of local rules but IF the local licencing authority decide to licence drivers  which is what I suggested might be the outcome that rideshare would be legal with the drivers not the cars licenced ,but IF they are a transport company as suggested in the pre judgement from earlier this year then we are going to stay as we are .

Show Unread Posts