Author Topic: Whistle  (Read 91046 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: Whistle
« Reply #240 on: February 21, 2018, 04:00:44 pm »
Anybody around the West County will you let the Rodent know its next week the 28th

I hope his PA,aka,his supermodel hairdresser wife will have put him wide....or not!!

Offline U Wha

« Reply #241 on: February 21, 2018, 04:08:38 pm »
I'm not sure if shares carry voting rights, UW. All we've been told about the shares is that they can't be sold.

Still have concerns over the shares, as far as I know you can't have non transferable shares, defeats the purpose of them. Whats the point, unlikely the company would buy them back, ever. I think he wanted to prevent drivers shares being bought up by hostile parties, who, when they had enough would own a controlling interest. Didn't that sort of happen with NRC over the years?.  He should get legal advice and maybe rephrase to a once off membership fee. That would cover your concern about drivers that are removed.

Pity to see it floundering. I went in at the start and told John that I had a similar idea and rather than compete, we could work together to create a genuine driver owned app and no contact after that.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 04:22:25 pm by U Wha »

Offline U Wha

« Reply #242 on: February 21, 2018, 05:02:26 pm »
Found this link that reaffirmed what I thought.

http://www.fmaccountants.ie/transfer-of-shares-in-a-private-company/

What is a Share?

A share can be described as an intangible accumulation of rights, interests and obligations. The reason companies issue shares is to allow the company raise funds to carry out its activities and make a return for its members. It also allows the ownership to change in a company.
Different share classes may have different rights so it is very important to review the articles of association to understand the rights attached to the shares.

Ordinary shares usually (but never assume!!) have the following rights:
A right to attend and vote at general meetings
A right to a proportion of the profits of a company – dividend
A right to the capital surplus on winding up
A right to notice & information from Company

What I understand that to mean is that Directors can only block the transfer of shares if it is deemed to be in the best interest of the company, ie: a hostile takeover.

Shareholders at an EGM or AGM should have the ability to vote in/out directors and introduce a resolution to be voted upon by shareholders at the AGM/EGM.

So to clarify the above you should seek to see Whistles Memorandum and Articles of Association or its Constitution, as it is called now for new companies.

Might pop out to the meeting meself next week.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 05:07:53 pm by U Wha »

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #243 on: February 21, 2018, 05:19:22 pm »
I'll be the one outside with the bucket collecting the niftys!!

See ya there!!

Offline U Wha

« Reply #244 on: February 21, 2018, 05:32:40 pm »
Bought a copy of the constitution from the CRO... attached below

So looks like there was only 100 x €1 shares issued when the company was setup (normal) and it has an authorized share capital of 1,000,000 x €1 shares (not issued yet). So does the €50 buy 50 x €1 shares?

Interested to ask or see how the shares are being registered and is the correct process in place as mentioned in the link on my last post.

Offline U Wha

« Reply #245 on: February 21, 2018, 05:36:19 pm »
I'll be the one outside with the bucket collecting the niftys!!

See ya there!!

Sure will!

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #246 on: February 21, 2018, 07:35:15 pm »
Anybody around the West County will you let the Rodent know its next week the 28th

I hope his PA,aka,his supermodel hairdresser wife will have put him wide....or not!!

For some reason I thought it was today... anyway, when I realised I was over the southside so I dropped into the erm for a coffee and attended to some personal business up above in Dublin on the way home, although that could have waited 'till next week.

Offline Belker

« Reply #247 on: February 22, 2018, 10:04:06 am »
Bought a copy of the constitution from the CRO... attached below

So looks like there was only 100 x €1 shares issued when the company was setup (normal) and it has an authorized share capital of 1,000,000 x €1 shares (not issued yet). So does the €50 buy 50 x €1 shares?

Interested to ask or see how the shares are being registered and is the correct process in place as mentioned in the link on my last post.

Seeing as how the man can't spell, punctuate or even conduct a decent radio interview,
it's pretty unlikely that he can find his way around the very complex world of Shares.

Offline TheDevilHimself

« Reply #248 on: February 27, 2018, 12:07:28 am »
Hi Lads,

I made a mistake by offering the 2 euro offr.

It is for the next 3 weeks. But I think we will have to cancel it. Drivers just don't want it. I made a big mistake by not consulting drivers more.

There were some radio adverts letting people know about the promo. I put in a request in now to change the advert to the Christams adverts.

Please accept my apology. I was just trying to help. I thought getting more customers would help us in this project. Now I see that it is just the wrong message to send to the public. Am I forgiven?

John

Whistle Taxi APP © 2018                         rofl
Six legs good, four legs bad!

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #249 on: February 27, 2018, 12:19:44 am »
Might have to cancel my bucket shakin outside the West County on Wed due to the possibility of the adverse weather that's being forecast....so this beast from the northeast is out!!

Offline Taxi driver42

« Reply #250 on: February 27, 2018, 10:37:50 am »
The problem with whistle is its owner
We the taxi drivers don't own the app
A dictator looking guy RENTS owns it
The Mussolini wanna be renter who gives 2 euro off our wages without asking is doomed to fail
Dont invest

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #251 on: February 27, 2018, 10:53:00 am »
It's ambiguous at best. We're told that shares can't be sold yet there seems to be some suggestion that the ultimate objective is to sell the firm to realise value from the data it generates - as a form of redundancy payments for drivers as autonomous vehicles take over. Of course, the data is already shared with Google so is unlikely to have much value in itself but the firm could develop into a takeover target for a multinational if it achieves significant market penetration.

Offline Belker

« Reply #252 on: February 27, 2018, 01:37:11 pm »
That's a big if not Huge IF !

I heard a radio ad on 4FM at about 4am last Sunday morning still offering the 2Euro discount,
Five days after the ad's had seemingly been discontinued !

john m

« Reply #253 on: February 27, 2018, 01:50:13 pm »
Where did he get the idea that drivers wanted to own it .If he just said a yoyo a job nearest car gets first refusal it might of worked .I doubt there are a dozen drivers in the country if asked to list what is the most important thing you look for in a taxi dispatch app would say I need to own it .If Whistle was a Dog a Vet would put it out of its misery .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #254 on: February 27, 2018, 01:52:59 pm »
I reckon most that paid fifty for a share would have coughed up if he just called it a sign up fee, credited against future commission at €0.72/job (inc VAT). However, being the drivers own app is it's USP.

Show Unread Posts