Author Topic: New Toyota Corolla.  (Read 46283 times)

Offline Shallowhal

Re: New Toyota Corolla.
« Reply #255 on: August 01, 2020, 02:24:10 pm »
sorry it seems it's now available on manuals

Cruise control has been available on manual cars for years? I remember the father having a 1992 Maxima that had it and was manual too.

We're talking about adaptive cruise control whereby the car automatically slows if the car in front slows and increases speed up to the desired speed if the car in front does so, it will also come to a complete stop if the car in front does
I don't know how this operates in a manual but seemingly it now can
old cruise control disengaged once you had to brake in order to slow down for the car ahead

I think my 161 superB has that, well it has something thats hits the breaks if i forget to.

I think that called "adaptive hitting the car in front braking"

Offline Tony

« Reply #256 on: August 01, 2020, 02:26:46 pm »
sorry it seems it's now available on manuals

Cruise control has been available on manual cars for years? I remember the father having a 1992 Maxima that had it and was manual too.

We're talking about adaptive cruise control whereby the car automatically slows if the car in front slows and increases speed up to the desired speed if the car in front does so, it will also come to a complete stop if the car in front does
I don't know how this operates in a manual but seemingly it now can
old cruise control disengaged once you had to brake in order to slow down for the car ahead

I think my 161 superB has that, well it has something thats hits the breaks if i forget to.

I think that called "adaptive hitting the car in front braking"

Yeah is something like that, there's loads of gadgets on it most of I'll probably never use or learn to use
Mr. T-bag to you

Offline Theoneandonly

« Reply #257 on: August 01, 2020, 05:48:37 pm »
i only realised recently that if I hold down the open door button on the remote all the windows open, similarly if I hold the close doors button down it closes all the windows ..surprisingly handy actually ...... works on the open/close window buttons on the drivers door too, (opens /closes all the windows at once) very useful for bad odours

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #258 on: August 01, 2020, 05:52:47 pm »
Amazing how many folk don't know that. Most German cars - not Mercs, I think - have done it for years. Your last Superb certainly did.

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #259 on: August 01, 2020, 05:53:29 pm »
i only realised recently that if I hold down the open door button on the remote all the windows open, similarly if I hold the close doors button down it closes all the windows ..surprisingly handy actually ...... works on the open/close window buttons on the drivers door too, (opens /closes all the windows at once) very useful for bad odours

That's a feature on my wifes 07 Focus.

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #260 on: August 03, 2020, 02:41:44 am »
I am amazed.....
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline Belker

« Reply #261 on: August 03, 2020, 06:43:51 am »
True...I had a Honda Legend years ago....WHEN I WAS FAMOUS...and it had a cruise control button...and it was just fabulous and I though I was fab.too....Those were the days my friend....We thought they would never end.

MARY HOPKIN !!  lol

Offline Belker

« Reply #262 on: August 03, 2020, 07:19:34 am »
......... Yeah is something like that, there's loads of gadgets on it most of I'll probably never use or learn to use
Take an hour out someday El Tonio (whilst sitting in the cab) and have a breeze through the owners manual,
you would be amazed at what you might find out !

I'm getting to liking the Auto light system where it Dips the lights fer you.

Offline Belker

« Reply #263 on: January 10, 2023, 09:48:48 am »
.... I had a peep at Carzone, 171C Avensis Sol, Granite Grey, 18K and thought; "That's my Bitch" !
Collecting it on Monday, Paid in Cash, Suitability on Wednesday.

is the NCT in date 90 days
Yes, (Long story) but they NCT'd it fer me yesterday.....
To explain the ("Long story") as me NCT mate is now retired.

I bought the car (July 2020) with the provisio that it be NCT'd ASAP.
That was all agreed with the dealer and some funds were handed over, all was good.
Even though it was early covid times with the NCT open I expected the NCT to be done within a few days.

The dealer rings me later that day with a smug excited tone telling me that he had eventually managed to get an NCT date in 10 days time !
Me; "What ! 10 Fookin days time !! .... Leave it with me ...".

I rang me mate in the NCT and got it sorted then rang the car dealer back stating;
"Your ON fer tomorrow morning, be there at 8am, ask fer Jxxx and it's booked in fer Ken and Dxxx if anyone asks...",
The car dealer flaps; "But, but how did you do that ?  I might, might not have any personel to get the car there",
Me; "BE THERE AT 8AM".
And to be fair he did get the car there on time and it passed..
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 09:55:47 am by Belker »

Offline Cool Boola

• B me
« Reply #264 on: January 10, 2023, 12:31:05 pm »
Whats the current situation at the NCT..Iread that private cars are waiting up-to six months? My wifes are is overdue and she cant get a booking,she says..That Aprus mongers were sayin that if you go prioritory, you can get it in 10 days WTF  ::fds
Dis an Dat Im not a rat

Offline watty

« Reply #265 on: January 10, 2023, 02:48:21 pm »
An awful lot of people don't turn up, esp if their appointment is months in advance.  So there's cancellation slots.  The motorheads over on Boards.ie say looking at the website shortly after midnight is best because that's when the cancellation slots are released back into the system.

I've gone through this 3 or 4 times in the last year (with family members etc).  Just phone them with your expiry date and say 'the computer' won't give you a decent slot.  You go on a waiting list and you get a text a week or two before your NCT runs out.  Simples.

The important thing is to have something (a test date or 'you're on the list' message) on your phone in the very rare case you get stopped by the Gardai.

Offline silverbullet

« Reply #266 on: January 10, 2023, 04:02:32 pm »
I'm up this evening, storm or not. The licence expires at the end of the month and by putting it through again that's how they get documentary alignment.

Show Unread Posts