Author Topic: The Brexodus  (Read 353955 times)

Offline silverbullet

Re: The Brexodus
« Reply #2205 on: July 09, 2020, 12:44:33 pm »
They asked me to be a Jehovah witness,and I told them I couldnt as I didnt see the accident
The lads in bed sits are actually inviting the Jehovah's witnesses in just for the company! 8)

john m

« Reply #2206 on: July 10, 2020, 08:56:07 am »
The European Commission has warned of the need for citizens, businesses and national authorities to prepare for deep changes in the trading relationship between the European Union and Britain from January irrespective of whether a breakthrough can be found in stalled negotiations with London.

A new document published by the executive lays out that UK driving licences may no longer be recognised by EU countries, that free mobile phone roaming agreements will cease, and that passengers travelling between the EU and UK will no longer be covered by EU passenger rights such as those guaranteeing refunds for cancelled flights.

It gives sector-by-sector advice on the changes to come, warning that customs formalities will come into place, and businesses selling services into the EU will need to demonstrate compliance, whether or not a deal is reached between London and Brussels by the end of the year.

“Inevitably, the fact that the United Kingdom will no longer participate in Union policies as of the end of the transition period will create barriers to trade in goods and services and to cross-border mobility and exchanges that do not exist today” the document warns.

“The choices made by the United Kingdom’s government on the future relationship and on not extending the transition period mean that these inevitable disruptions will occur as of 1 January 2021 and risk compounding the pressure that businesses are already under due to the COVID-19 outbreak.”

“This week’s discussions confirm that significant divergences remain between the European Union and United Kingdom,” Mr Barnier said as the document was released. “Regardless of the outcome, there will be inevitable changes.”

Information campaigns
With talks stalled for months and disrupted by the coronavirus pandemic, the EU and national governments have been readying information campaigns to instruct stakeholders on what needs to be done in case a deal cannot be reached.

But authorities warn that even if an agreement is signed, unpicking decades of co-operation means there will be abrupt changes in January in areas as diverse as tourism, electricity exchange, and intellectual property law.

Under the withdrawal agreement reached last year, checks are to take place on goods as they move between the island of Ireland and Britain, avoiding the need for a hardening of the land border, but significant costs and disruption still lie ahead for businesses doing trade into the island of Britain.

In particular, significant work on compliance lies ahead for companies that export goods between the EU and UK and in financial services, transport, audiovisual media, and energy services, the document warns.

“It is essential that all stakeholders be made aware of this, and that they ensure their readiness for these broad and far-reaching changes, which will arise under any scenario, regardless of the outcome of negotiations between the European Union and the United Kingdom,” it reads.

“There is no room for complacency or postponing readiness and adaptation measures in anticipation that an agreement would ensure continuity, because a large number of changes will be inevitable.”

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/prepare-for-january-european-commission-warns-as-brexit-trade-talks-stall-1.4300445

john m

« Reply #2207 on: July 10, 2020, 08:59:37 am »
Looks like parcel deliveries will be fucked if all the crap coming in from Britain has to be checked for customs .Brexit is going to be a Shitfest .

john m

« Reply #2208 on: August 21, 2020, 06:14:14 pm »
Big Phill says dont worry he has this covered .

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #2209 on: August 21, 2020, 10:04:51 pm »
Excellent.

Offline Belker

« Reply #2210 on: August 24, 2020, 04:20:26 am »
I don't think Phil will make it to next weekend.

john m

« Reply #2211 on: September 06, 2020, 07:47:03 am »
If you think the Covid Cough fucked up your business ....."While Brexit kind of bores people and they haven't talked about it for six months, from this week on they're going to be hearing ads on the radio, they're going to hear me a lot on the media," he warns ominously.

The Government will publish a revised Brexit plan this week outlining Ireland's preparations for two outcomes. "One is bad," Mr Coveney says. "One is very bad. I don't believe there's any good outcome to Brexit now from an Irish perspective but it's a matter of damage limitation."

Revenue will write to 90,000 businesses from this Thursday urging them to ramp up their customs expertise and ensure they are Brexit-ready. A range of new grants and supports will be rolled out. "Most companies will use customs agents; there aren't enough of them at the moment. So I think you're going see a lot of people being trained over a short period of time to deal with that," he says.

Offline Belker

« Reply #2212 on: September 07, 2020, 06:00:03 am »
Any news on the Sliced pan ?

john m

« Reply #2213 on: September 07, 2020, 09:08:41 am »

You think the China Cough impacted the economy .Wait till a no deal Brexit impacts on the cost of everything including your Sliced Pan .If you remember the 1970s thats where we are heading .

Offline Shallowhal

« Reply #2214 on: September 07, 2020, 11:46:08 am »

You think the China Cough impacted the economy .Wait till a no deal Brexit impacts on the cost of everything including your Sliced Pan .If you remember the 1970s thats where we are heading .

Will there be queues for electric chargers?

dalymount

« Reply #2215 on: September 07, 2020, 12:42:40 pm »
Its obvious the Brits WANT a no deal,the erm was right all along

Offline watty

« Reply #2216 on: September 07, 2020, 05:28:40 pm »
Its obvious the Brits WANT a no deal,the erm was right all along
The Engerlish might want to leave the EU but Scotland and NI voted to stay in the EU.  Ironically, a majority of Scots want to leave the UK and a near-enough NornIron majority would rather stay in the EU even it meant a united Ireland.  The Unionists are starting to cop on they've backed the wrong horse (Boris).

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #2217 on: September 07, 2020, 05:41:02 pm »
Chucky our law.

dalymount

« Reply #2218 on: September 07, 2020, 05:58:41 pm »
Im sti very much in favour of brexit,it cant happen quickly enough for me.I was a brexiteer from start to finish,and I never weavered.that prick with the flag outside the houses of parliament shouting STOOOOOOOOOP BREEEEEEEXIT used to piss me off  I wanted someone to get his flag,shove it up Gina Millers hole,and fukk the two of them into the Themes

john m

« Reply #2219 on: September 07, 2020, 11:49:01 pm »
Jesus Dollymount This fucking Bastardised Republic where Priests fucked Kids Nuns Murdered Handicapped Kids and buried them in a sewer .Irish People inflicted more punishment on Irish people than the Brits or Normans ever did .We are a wart on the arsehole of decency Robbing tax Dollars from some of the poorest people on earth and handing it back to the Googles and Facebooks and Air craft leasers .Brexit is where the Brits impose import and export duty that will fuck up our economy but the real danger is Germany and France treat us ,as in our Government like the dirthy scum bag tax fiddling cheating scum we really are .After the Brits leave we will be hit with a Universal European tax rate and that will cut off all the fucking corrupt pennies we get in Multinational tax so they will all fuck off Most of the Big tech and pharma companies will fuck off out of this putrid kip .I feel sorry for the poor bastards who struggled to do their leaving thinking it was the key to their futures ,they have no future .Remember the 70s 40% basic tax rate 55% on your bit of overtime thats where we are heading add in the Covid Coin all needs to be repaid .I tell you most of you will only see your grandchildren on Skype after they emigrate out of this dying Stone in a Puddle west of Europe .

Show Unread Posts