Author Topic: Here we go again  (Read 17607 times)

The Liffey Lip

Re: Here we go again
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2019, 12:10:29 pm »
Charity begins................with a licence.

Offline Octavia1

• Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant
« Reply #121 on: December 03, 2019, 01:01:04 pm »
I've been told some of the tappers in London have card machines right now.Thats not a spoof.Sumup readers are only a score anyway.
Ah FFS what is the world coming to

I was just goin say that exactly mr crow....
Ide rather be a poor master than a rich servant

dalymount

« Reply #122 on: December 04, 2019, 06:50:26 pm »
I have emailed a number of TDS asking them one question, and it's this. How can you justify the awarding of magnificent apartments to refugees in Ballinamore while native IRISH people continue to sleep in doorways ?

Offline Dr. Martin Gooter Bling

« Reply #123 on: December 04, 2019, 07:59:37 pm »
magnificent? fuckin rotten looking.
cardboard shite.
https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019/1129/1095880-ballinamore-leitrim/

Offline stonethecrows

« Reply #124 on: December 04, 2019, 08:03:58 pm »
He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2019, 08:32:28 am »
Nothing in the place and I know it well. The only town with any life in it is Carrick-on-Shannon and that's from April to Sept.  Nobody from an urban environment could live there for too long.............Valley of the Squinting Windows.

dalymount

« Reply #126 on: December 05, 2019, 09:21:10 am »
Me father came from Ballinamore as it happens, but I don't know the place at all but I still think it's wrong to give those apartments to migrants when our own urgently need housing

The Liffey Lip

« Reply #127 on: December 05, 2019, 10:46:12 am »
They won't stick it either way. Cousins from near enough to the place and they don't miss it one bit. The Govt are just trying to switch the problem to those underpopulated counties..great spot if you're a fisherman but that's it.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #128 on: December 05, 2019, 01:55:42 pm »
I have emailed a number of TDS asking them one question, and it's this. How can you justify the awarding of magnificent apartments to refugees in Ballinamore while native IRISH people continue to sleep in doorways ?

Have you emailed any local residents to find out if they want a block of flats filled with inner city Dublin door sleepers? I heard a rumour that they only got the locals to support the direct provision plan by threatening to do just that.

dalymount

« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2019, 02:06:34 pm »
There are homeless IRISH people in EVERY part of Ireland , it doesn't nessesarly have to be DUBLIN rough sleepers the neighboring counties ALSO have rough sleepers

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2019, 02:10:02 pm »
Rumour I heard was that it was Dublin inner city door sleepers that were suggested/threatened. Still, I doubt the locals would be any more (or less, as the case may be) enthusiastic about Galway, Cork, Limerick or Waterford door sleepers. Folk love to complain about the homeless not being housed but very few will want to house them in their own communities, particularly not blocks of flats full of them.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2019, 02:29:00 pm »
One you might know, DM... What's the story with the accommodation centre on Greencastle Road - where the Chinese sewing factory used to be? I've got a few jobs from Free Now there covering several nationalities. Is it meant to be for the homeless or what? I've done runs from local housing schemes to it and vice versa and a couple of runs to the direct provision centre in St. Margarets... all cash jobs. Always strikes me as a bit Irish that the homeless can take taxis to and from their "shelters" 7 days a week while hard working men often have to travel to and from work by public bus.

Offline Rat Catcher

• Part Time Amateur Scum
« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2019, 02:33:02 pm »
Just another aside, DM... Have you ever driven the tapper that works Temple Bar and lives in a council housing scheme in Tallaght, gets a taxi home from College Green every night he works... at least he did back when I worked the city. Never shy about revealing his takings which, every time I drove him, were always better than mine!

Online silverbullet

« Reply #133 on: December 05, 2019, 04:19:43 pm »
magnificent? fuckin rotten looking.
cardboard shite.
https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019/1129/1095880-ballinamore-leitrim/
Never thought I'd see a Ghetto in LEITRIM!! 8)
This is Tyrrelstown...allegedly

https://youtu.be/XeN0t2sZaP4

dalymount

« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2019, 05:51:57 pm »
That place on greencastle is run by the Sally army

Show Unread Posts